most underrated character(s).

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Gold's G&W is good. I found the dittos much fun. I did lose though. Was a learning experience. Got some combo knowledge.
Yoshi's good, he can combo well and they aren't that hard to do. Then again, I haven't played as Yoshi against a dangerously skilled member/character of the forums. Nor do I feel I'm skilled with him.

Thor

I need to play against a Peach again at some point I guess, because when I played Fe it was never an issue... then again, instead of sitting in shield I'd just shoot lasers at various heights to try to mess up float and jump in with an aerial if they hit them. Benefits of being Falco I suppose.

Also, having a high technical barrier =/= not overrated - and c'mon Baby_sneak, I think you of all people would know that, since I believe (or maybe just falsely convinced myself) you play Fox in Melee (and know you do in Brawl-).

Also I often think of Nana as bait - if they separate and push hard after Nana you can try to smack them offstage and edgeguard them or at least rack percent - and unlike in Melee and Brawl, trading Nana being gimped for KOing them is a good trade, because one up+b and voila! She's back onstage. Their combo ability is underrated, at least in my opinion (Nana's dair has zero landing lag - I don't know how to use it but others apparently do, and their dair in general is great - late dair chains to stuff (actually late anything chains to other stuff with them which can chain if a good option is chosen), and uair strings at low percent, and fair meteor to tech-chase, etc.). But I can't play them all that well, so it's not like I can come beat you up and prove it.

They also probably don't like Fox (admittedly shine spiking Nana is now mostly just a joke, since she'll never be gimped that way unless you go SUPER low, but it still splits them up just fine) which helps your case.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I don't know how to use it but others apparently do, and their dair in general is great - late dair chains to stuff (actually late anything chains to other stuff with them which can chain if a good option is chosen), and uair strings at low percent, and fair meteor to tech-chase, etc.).

Not even gonna lie, the icecube kills they go for with Dair gets me pretty salty.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I need to play against a Peach again at some point I guess, because when I played Fe it was never an issue... then again, instead of sitting in shield I'd just shoot lasers at various heights to try to mess up float and jump in with an aerial if they hit them. Benefits of being Falco I suppose.
That is a definitely a matchup specific thing. Usually people have no way to handle her dair if they shield near her.

Thor

So, it's like a 33-33-33 (+1 for staying in shield I guess) for Peach on shield pressure of reading the roll/spotdodge? Or are you telling me that you can't roll out?

Even if that's true, ISSDI is a thing, so I can't imagine that someone good enough won't just ISSDI it and (if they go the right direction) be able to jump out and punish, but I'm not saying that's a thing because I still have no experience with actual dair pressure. It just sounds like a plausible solution to me.

I admit when I first played as and against a Peach I thought the hitbox on dair was kind of lame, but if it's this good, then I guess I could understand why...

NEWB

You should know that this move hits infront of peach more than it does beneath her, like Jiggs dair.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
You should know that this move hits infront of peach more than it does beneath her, like Jiggs dair.
Another issue is that on most characters, because of that placement, if they have any damage on their shield already, it will shield poke. And it will combo into anything. I dunno if I mentioned this but you have to be floating. It's vBrawl peach's favorite option and I started using it in minus and it worked.

Baby_Sneak

diddy to me is now the most underrated char. banana tricks, up-b into Fairs, etc.. too much fun

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I honestly forget Diddy exists most of the time, until I'm getting naners thrown in my face.

Thor

By "learn to glide toss online" I assume you just mean adjust for timing of lag, right? Or is there an actual difference? [Not that I'm perfect at glide-tossing, mainly because there are no consistent vBrawl tourneys I can find... or else I'd have spent at least a bit of time in training mode working on it with Falco and Pikachu in vBrawl, since it's not that hard to master, all things considering, but I've never put in time with it, just read it and did it when I don't screw up.]

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
By "learn to glide toss online" I assume you just mean adjust for timing of lag, right? Or is there an actual difference? [Not that I'm perfect at glide-tossing, mainly because there are no consistent vBrawl tourneys I can find... or else I'd have spent at least a bit of time in training mode working on it with Falco and Pikachu in vBrawl, since it's not that hard to master, all things considering, but I've never put in time with it, just read it and did it when I don't screw up.]
Yeah the timing is slightly different for me online. It makes me look so derpy to just stand there and throw a turnip as I get punished super hard 'cause I messed up the timing XD

Thor

It's roll + item throw, such that the roll itself is cancelled (no invincibility) but you slide in the direction you rolled while throwing the item [some characters don't actually move when they do this, which is unfortunate for them). Very useful for Diddy Kong, as he can glide toss -> dsmash for example, and the banana either trips them so they get hit by dsmash, or they get extra shield pushback and can't punish as easily (and there's a banana that might muck things up). Glide toss -> grab also works, because you can force them to shield the banana and grab them, or they must just dodge away so the grab attempt is much safer. You can technically glide toss -> anything (or nothing) but usually people either glide toss forward to make their next option harder to punish or glide toss backwards to clear some space while throwing something (I think glide tossing so they roll backward while throwing an item forward is most useful for Falco because of his lasers, or for Diddy Kong to get at a banana that's farther away so he can make use of the other banana too - most other characters wouldn't have a reason to not want to go in on Diddy Kong).

And you can glide toss more than just Diddy Kong bananas (Peach turnips, ZSS armor, Link and TL bombs) but bananas are the item most frequently seen in vBrawl which is why I use Diddy Kong as the example.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
It's funny bc for the most part characters that spawn items have pretty decent glide tosses. ZSS's is insane bc she goes about a third of the length of FD. Another one with a really good glide toss is ROB whose glide toss is slightly better. A page with all the Glide toss data is here:http://www.ssbwiki.com/Glide_toss
I have been wondering, is the nanner lock still in brawl minus? I can't imagine it not being in here. Here's an example video for those that haven't seen it:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I got destroyed by Ellipsis's Diddy Kong a few weeks ago. I'll never look at Diddy Kong the same way....