JigglyPuff is RUDE

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Being able to chase at distances even Falco and MK can't recover from. Half the time Puff doesn't even have to kill them. Just wall of puff them until they can't recover. (Most of the time, its as simple as a uair or fair under the stage) 10 midair jumps. TEN MOTHERFUCKER. You don't even need to use pound. Fair is god. Goes right through attacks. Goes right through projectiles. Goes right through faces. Dair is really good for getting rid of TL's arrows in the ground.

The only characters I find any kind of trouble with are Squirtle and C.Falcon.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightning

Ikesexual
---- Something unimportant was here.----

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

You should probably point that out first :D

Gravity is also a really easy way to kill some recoveries too. She does seem really op at times, but pitifully weak if she can't start anything. Jiggs doesn't really have combos actually. She has minor dtilt and fsmash chains and Uair chains, but none else really.

She is a good example of someone who is great if you play well and bad if you don't since she so light.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Puff tends to wreck everything when you use Pound right in my experience.

As to her being rude YES SHE IS VERY RUDE.

Thor

But then Falcon Punch > Explosion, so...

also, I've heard Fox > Jiggs still in that MU, but I don't know that. Melee Fox being Melee Fox and all though.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i really don't like that fox has the melee air dodge :p it's a hindrance more than an asset the majority of the time...

as for jiggly, that sing next to a ledge is golden... and that rollout into rest is insane when it lands... easier to land if you wait or stall with a quick turn

Other Aether

Mediator
Jigglypuff is pretty good, but I don't like it much. Far too easy to KO since it's AoC is pathetic. Air-ground transitioning is not as good as I feel it should be, and air speed is a tad low for what I feel Brawl- Jigglypuff should be. I fixed it though :p

Thor

For Other Aether, a few ideas: Turn her landing lag to zero if you feel like her A-G transitioning is bad, and maybe even set one of her aerials to have zero landing lag too.

I also stand by my idea that Pin thought was sadistic (wall of pain would get a whole new meaning XD actually I was making a joke but the idea would be funny if you mod a game with strengthened characters to be WAY over the top).

"justadood" said:
it's a hindrance more than an asset the majority of the time...

Fox has both airdodges, so I find it's almost never a hinderance to me - I'm pretty good at letting the control stick go when I want to airdodge as Fox - I like it as is both as a recovery mixup close to the edge and an occasional movement trick, though I'll admit if I was good at Melee I'd probably use it more, because I can already tell Fox's wavedash in this game is SOOOOOOO good.

Other Aether

Mediator
For Other Aether, a few ideas: Turn her landing lag to zero if you feel like her A-G transitioning is bad, and maybe even set one of her aerials to have zero landing lag too.
Already done both of those XD
Also increased aerial acceleration and airspeed to the point where it can traverse Final Destination (and more) with a short hop, and dash dance in the air. And I buffed bAir and nerfed fAir (considering turning fAir into a turn-around bAir). Then I nerfed it's ground game.

daftatt

But then Falcon Punch > Explosion, so...

also, I've heard Fox > Jiggs still in that MU, but I don't know that. Melee Fox being Melee Fox and all though.
Am fox player, can confirm. Attacking from below is brutal against puff, and even from above dair is a good option. She doesn't have air superiority because illusion-shines make it so she can never catch you, but you can punish her aerial's end lag with it (then Dair after the shine).

NEWB

But once she hits someone, they die. I also have to disagree that her air to ground game is great! Her air to ground game move is Nair, and it is shockingly good. Her movements let it chain into everything including itself to make for a safe landing and almost any follow up.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
DO NOT get nair confused with Dair. Dair cancels into everything but it has so little hitstun its useless. You can do this weird ffdair-anything link but again, the lack of hitstun will cause you to just get hit out of it

NEWB

I'm not getting Nair confused with dair. Dair is her least useful move. It has very situational uses.

If you want to learn how dair hits, it actually hits infront of Jiggs, and the cancel needs to be quickly executed. There should be no delay between a dair canceled onto Nair at all. If there is, you are doing it wrong.

Do you not know how good her Nair is?