Iron Man/Pick 5

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
So there is a fun way to play smash called the Iron Man (Pick 5 in some places). Basically each player picks 5 characters and the game plays out like a crew battle. Each character has 4 stocks (most rulesets say three so that there aren't two people hogging a setup but we're online so whatever) and the first person to lose all 20 stocks first loses. So here's the rules:
  • 4 stocks for each character
  • Each player keeps the remaining stocks from last round(ie If one player KOs the opponent and has two stocks remaining they SD twice next round to keep the total stocks running)
  • NO TIME LIMIT!!! < Important or there will be no winner to the matches
  • Each player gives the other their 5 chars beforehand.
  • Once a player's char is KOd they CP character and stage.
  • First player to lose all 20 of their stocks loses.
  • Whatever stagelist you want 'cause there is no consensus(Preferably the M3 one though)
Just something I thought people would be interested in. Maybe we could have a league similar to M3 or have a Pick 5 tourney. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

Sounds fun! A couple of us actually have the crew mode and stock control codes by the way. I'm not sure it's officially released so we can PM anyone that wants it.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
So, basically it's like a crew battle, but with only 2 competitors instead of 2 crews?

Thor

Then pick two random ones Bash.

I think this sounds like fun. As of now, I think I'd enter with the following crew:

Meta Knight (usually opening choice I'm sure)
Pikachu
Marth
Ganondorf
Falco

Of these picks, I think only MK and Falco are the ones I know I'd pick - need to see how my Pikachu stacks up against others, and same for my Marth and Ganondorf.

I am interested in any tourney that starts after August 9th/10th.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
That's how i'd go about it.

Falco (First leg)
Meta Knight (Clean-up, eat stocks)
Lucario (Clean-up, eat stocks)
Marth (Make way for jiggs)
Jigglypuff Anchor (ur ded kid)

NEWB

Not sure about my order here.

Falco
Mario
Metaknight
Anyone can play lucario so......yeah....
Bowser
I also play link and sonic..... And samus.
Game and watch

That's my five :D

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Mario
Sonic
Toon Link
Sheik
Pit