Game freezes trying to load Wi-fi

Thor

No idea why, but part-way through trying to load Wi-Fi, my game makes this loud buzzing noise and stops loading and I have to shut down the Wii (to a red light via holding power). It did it twice consecutively. I'm running 3.5 vanilla, and yesterday Wi-Fi ran just fine, so I don't know the source of the problem. I'll try the Wi-fi later, both to see if this re-occurs and to see if I can get more specifics. Have others been having this problem?
(I'm running 3.5 minus portraits as it came to me, and I use hackless.)

Baby_Sneak

The same thing is happening to me and it seems like it's not stopping either...

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
According to Concept, "The word is the servers are down."
That wouldn't cause a beep freeze though. Just a 31020 error. It may be the way common5 was developed with the Minus portraits, as I use vBrawl's.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm not sure why it's doing it. I got onto the xat this morning and I asked what was going on and I proposed that the servers are down, due to the fact that it was not having this problem yesterday. I tested it to see if it was just Thor and Lightning having this issue today, but it also happened to me. The files haven't changed between yesterday and today, so I can't really see another source of the problem.