Does a Large Amount of Textures Cause Wifi to Hard Freeze?

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Title says it all.

So, I was trying to play Minus online recently. I use a somewhat custom build, with a ton of character textures, song replacements, CSPs, BPs, and even a few Result Screen custom Stock Icon faces. I got to the training room, and after about 3 seconds, the game froze with the loud beeping noise. I switched to a clean Minus 3.5 set, with only the files Brawl Minus comes with on download. I had no freezes after that.

So, was my abundance of textures causing the freeze? Or is there another problem that I'm not aware of?

I'd also like to point out that all of my textures are Wifi-safe, with no bone edits whatsoever.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I would suggest removing all the textures and adding them one by one. In doing so, you'll find out which one(s) are causing the freeze. It is tedious, but it'll stop the freezing. :)

NEWB

On brawl vault, some textures have question marks instead of explicitly saying they are wifi safe. Some I use claim to be safe and turn out to not be so... Even if both wiis have the same files.

Also, too many skins on one character will often cause freeze in classic mode or multi man melee, but those modes don't work as well cuz the clones anyway.

Smilindeth

Also, it couldn't hurt to open each of your skins up in Brawl Box and export as .pair so it correctly formats both skin formats to have in the folder. Since it likes to randomly choose between the two, having both .pac and .pcs for every skin will help with stability.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Alright, I just spent a good amount of hours determining which textures are wifi safe. I also made both .pac and .pcs files for all textures. Now here's something odd I found.

Late at night yesterday, I tried all of my textures with Bashdemears. Every single texture worked perfectly.
Then, I battled The Concept with all of my textures. I ended up getting the loud freeze again. Baffled, I noticed something.

Bash and I had a great connection since we both live on the west coast. Concept and I don't always have a great connection because he lives on the east coast. Do textures only cause freezes with long distance connections? Or is there another problem I'm not aware of?

NEWB

The concept may have textures that messed with you. Or some file or stage that caused an issue.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Speak my name, and I shall appear.
I don't customize my Minus 3.5. I have a custom build for that. Therefore when I play online, I'm using the direct 3.5Minus Portrait release. No added textures, stages, or any outside files; simply dragged and dropped.

NEWB

Why would you guys have connection issues then, but not with bash? Is distance really the xulprit?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I always have connection issues. I disconnect after every battle. Usually. Especially, if I save a replay

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Disconnection issues I think are because of the new wifi servers.