Community cBliss Competition!

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i think making the head look a more yellow-y shade on mario would be cool.. also maybe black eyes..?

and as for mario/luigi minus alts why not just the hat for luigi black and mario purple or vice versa and the rest the same?

Thor

To be honest, I really like the SNES ROB and Minus Brothers so far. The rest are kinda meh to me... except the original-esque DK also looks sorta cool (not as much to me as the ROB and the Minus Brothers though).

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
i think making the head look a more yellow-y shade on mario would be cool.. also maybe black eyes..?

and as for mario/luigi minus alts why not just the hat for luigi black and mario purple or vice versa and the rest the same?
Yellow-y shade on the head? Do you mean his skin? I could do black eyes for him. Also, to put it bluntly i'm too tired to edit the minus brothers in any way. To edit luigi and mario would require me to redo the hat textures and the pants all over again since I didn't save the .psd file. Maybe later today. But, definitely not now. Sorry.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Yellow-y shade on the head? Do you mean his skin? I could do black eyes for him. Also, to put it bluntly i'm too tired to edit the minus brothers in any way. To edit luigi and mario would require me to redo the hat textures and the pants all over again since I didn't save the .psd file. Maybe later today. But, definitely not now. Sorry.
that's alright, and yeah, i didn't even mean like right away, i don't mind if you don't wanna do it immediately, i was just asking for the sake of discussion in case it sounded good to you too.. and yeah, i did mean his skin, like on his face, but i'm only saying that cause i'm looking at the pic really literally and i thought it would still look good, and atm it just doesn't necessarily blend together as well... but at the same time, completely yellow might look weird, so maybe just a tint would be enough..?

Thor

To be totally honest, I love the Minus brothers exactly as they are. I think differentiating them would leave us needing to reintegrate their design and then we'd be right back where we started.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
To be totally honest, I love the Minus brothers exactly as they are. I think differentiating them would leave us needing to reintegrate their design and then we'd be right back where we started.
well even their fire modes don't look the same :p i like the look for each one, but together not as much.. if they just had like different hat colors only, that may be enough, but i don't know, it's just my opinion, i may eventually do one if it bothers me enough :p

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Everyone needs a Minus skin.

Flair Guy

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
I think it would be good if we had some type of poll on this thread to see what people would actually be interested in getting. I mean it's cool to just accept any old recolor as it but, I don't find it cool if there's a lot of junk that people don't want y'know. Not calling anyone out at all. I'm just talking for future reference.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I think it would be good if we had some type of poll on this thread to see what people would actually be interested in getting. I mean it's cool to just accept any old recolor as it but, I don't find it cool if there's a lot of junk that people don't want y'know. Not calling anyone out at all. I'm just talking for future reference.
Submissions will be judged by the development team, who choose what gets in and what does not.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
How exactly does that work? Is there actual debate? Or is it just "Dude that looks dope put it in". These are the answers I must know.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
How exactly does that work? Is there actual debate? Or is it just "Dude that looks dope put it in". These are the answers I must know.
Several factors.
Quality, Relevance, Difference from already existing colors in the game, and Creativity come to mind.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
DoqKirby's Jigglypuff is currently disqualified due to using bases without permission, but can return if revisions are made.
Inaccurate. It was disqualified due to there being a fuzzy confusion on whose content it was, and whether permission should be granted from Aero (textures), AlGeorgeRomo (model), and/or KTH (import).

There needs to be a strict boundary on permissions, etc. for this contest.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Inaccurate. It was disqualified due to there being a fuzzy confusion on whose content it was, and whether permission should be granted from Aero (textures), AlGeorgeRomo (model), and/or KTH (import).

There needs to be a strict boundary on permissions, etc. for this contest.
Whatever textures aren't yours or from Brawl's need permission.

Also there was a rule established against model imports in my first post.

Valravn

I know that, but I'm very doubtful its creator will respond to my email. It's not that much work to make a new one.

Thor

Speaking of BrawlVault, I got permissionfrom a member named msng for some when I was originally starting a cBliss project a while back. Let me introduce you to them!

You need to not have the backslash in the first [S POILER] if you want them to be hidden.

Love the Purple Kirby. Could we get Brown and the other colors from Air ride/Smash 4 as well [which would at least involve the black orange one] or is that too many textures?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
You need to not have the backslash in the first [S POILER] if you want them to be hidden.

Love the Purple Kirby. Could we get Brown and the other colors from Air ride/Smash 4 as well [which would at least involve the black orange one] or is that too many textures?
Kirby has room for 4 colors, and there is one submitted so far, so 3 Kirby colors left (but don't let that stop you from submitting as many as you want)

Thor

Kirby has room for 4 colors, and there is one submitted so far, so 3 Kirby colors left (but don't let that stop you from submitting as many as you want)

I was actually just offering up a suggestion to anyone who wants to do Kirby ones to just do the Air Ride/Smash 4 colors that we don't have.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Whatever textures aren't yours or from Brawl's need permission.
By that logic permission is only truly needed from @AeroIncarnated
Also there was a rule established against model imports in my first post.
So does that mean I have to vertex the entire bandana from scratch? To be fair, Jigglypuff's costumes (and by extension Pikachu) shouldn't need to be enforced by this rule if a user intends on having new accessories and not a lame colorswap of the sleepytime hat. This is literally the only reason why I (attempted to) submit just that and not my Mirage Purin (Melee Bow), Mango Purin (Melee Crown)*, or custom Purin (Melee Flower).

Calm down, Doq it's ok...
*goes back to making CSS*

* Unrelated to the Mango Purin on the Vault, that one has too much orange.