Brawl Minus Wifi Power Rankings

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm not a competitive Smash player. I realized this earlier. By choice, not by skill. I don't have the drive to be that competitive in Smash. I still want to beat everyone on the Minus forums once, though. I'm taking the video game completion approach: after you beat a boss, no matter how much of a fluke it was, you've beaten the boss and you move on. Whether or not I can do it again is besides the point. It's not that I don't love Minus, I do, it's that I can't take that much time out of life to get good enough to keep up with you guys. I'm coming on my third year of university and I hope to go to grad school, and I need to get things done.
but this is off topic lol.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I work a lot, so I don't have as much time to play online, but I'll help out where I can.

If anyone wants to set up some matches with me, send me a PM. :)

Thor

Hey, I'm on the panel!

Also, I just saw your list Kien. You had me four spots below Darx.

When I get a Wii with Wifi (I have the SD card and someone can lend me Brawl), I'm coming for you. Get myself bumped up on that list a few places.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I'm not a competitive Smash player. I realized this earlier. By choice, not by skill. I don't have the drive to be that competitive in Smash.

I'm the same way. It's what people like to use against me and say I have a scrub mentality. Either way, I'm better than most so.... scrub in, scrub out.

Also, I just saw your list Kien. You had me four spots below Darx.

When I get a Wii with Wifi (I have the SD card and someone can lend me Brawl), I'm coming for you. Get myself bumped up on that list a few places.

Heh. Darx uses Kirby so he gives me a harder time to fight with certain characters. The characters you play I'm fairly experienced against.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I'm not a competitive Smash player. I realized this earlier. By choice, not by skill. I don't have the drive to be that competitive in Smash.
I'm the complete opposite. I want to be the very best but I just suck so badly that I can't get better even if I tried.
I'm the same way. It's what people like to use against me and say I have a scrub mentality. Either way, I'm better than most so.... scrub in, scrub out.
Wanna trade skill levels?;)

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm the complete opposite. I want to be the very best but I just suck so badly that I can't get better even if I tried.
Bash claims that I'm a good training partner. I can run some practice with you Doq.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Anyone you go toe to toe with is a good training partner. I just talk trash about your skill. Make you hate me. That drives you to become good enough to fourstock me without a thought.

Thor

Kienamaru said:
Heh. Darx uses Kirby so he gives me a harder time to fight with certain characters. The characters you play I'm fairly experienced against.

Well I 2-stocked him in the only ditto we did (doesn't like dittos) and I know a really good vBrawl Kirby so I know some stuff - maybe I just haven't used my Kirby enough...

Also I take it you have Falco exp from Owo? Or do you also have good MK exp from someone (or I'll just make better reads and Link ditto you / play against you with Link). Who is it you've got experience with/against?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Also I take it you have Falco exp from Owo? Or do you also have good MK exp from someone (or I'll just make better reads and Link ditto you / play against you with Link). Who is it you've got experience with/against?

I've only fought Owo once I believe. There are just characters who I'm no good against. Larger slow dudes, puffballs, and grapplers. Funny enough I have little to no experience fighting against Link players since I've always been the one using him. However, I know Link's timing and stats like the back of my hand so... the only real issue I have is learning my opponent which could take anywhere between 20 seconds or 3 stocks. Once that happens though, I'm able to bring it back or simply start winning hands down.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I work a lot, so I don't have as much time to play online, but I'll help out where I can.

If anyone wants to set up some matches with me, send me a PM. :)

Entering the tournament is a good way to play people you'd otherwise not play.
Bent 00 has joined the panel.

I spent about 3 Monster fueled days learning IC chaingrabs to beat my friends I spent the next year perfecting ICs until I was on top of the Ontario SSBB Power Rankings. KirbyKaze took me under his wing and taught me melee. It was a year until I entered my first melee tournament and quit Brawl. After another year I was now top of the SSBM Ontario PRs too. I was getting competitive when I was 13-14 and had a lot of time since I had moved to a new country. It takes time. I'm pushing to be #1 on this tier list and I'm not gonna quit till I'm there.
You're improving so fast and its scary.
That's why I started this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom

Thor

MegaSaturn99 said:
I spent about 3 Monster fueled days learning IC chaingrabs to beat my friends I spent the next year perfecting ICs until I was on top of the Ontario SSBB Power Rankings. KirbyKaze took me under his wing and taught me melee. It was a year until I entered my first melee tournament and quit Brawl. After another year I was now top of the SSBM Ontario PRs too. I was getting competitive when I was 13-14 and had a lot of time since I had moved to a new country. It takes time. I'm pushing to be #1 on this tier list and I'm not gonna quit till I'm there.

What's your tag in those games? I can't locate you on an Ontario SSBM or SSBB PR anywhere...

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Not MegaSaturn99 lol. My irl identity is linked to those so you can do some guessing for funsies I suppose but I never liked having my identity tied to my smash tag. Sorry. I like my anonymity on this board. You might be able to figger out who I am but eh.

Thor

I accepted my spot on the PR panel, but I'd really like to make sure I can see footage of certain people, including but not limited to
- Bash's Puff
- MegaSaturn99
- Pin Clock
- Doq

as I have not played you at all or not played you recently and so I don't know where the skill level lies now [I know I played the Doq but don't remember much about it].

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I accepted my spot on the PR panel, but I'd really like to make sure I can see footage of certain people, including but not limited to
- Bash's Puff
- MegaSaturn99
- Pin Clock
- Doq

as I have not played you at all or not played you recently and so I don't know where the skill level lies now [I know I played the Doq but don't remember much about it].
I believe I posted something on the M3 thread of me vs. Bash, but if you need more just ask.

e~ On second thought, I don't think I have anything of my Marth. Or my Fox. Or my Boozer.

Thor

M3 threads = ??? I never understood what this abbreviation meant.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
You're gonna have to wait till I get back from DC. I'm thinking we'll do top ten so I don't expect to even be on there but I'll upload some stuff. This is a good idea for everyone so that panelists can vote accurately. I have some games against doq so you'll see both our skill levels at once.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
- Bash's Puff
- MegaSaturn99
- Pin Clock
- Doq

I have two fights on glyph's channel and DoqK has a mirror up