Brawl Minus TOP 100 Stages: Nominate your Favorites!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
It's time to pick the community's Top 100 Stages for Brawl Minus. Once we have 100, we'll narrow it down to the Top 78. The first 41 Stages of those 78 should be the Standard Stages for an upcoming Minus Release. The remaining 37 Stages should be included in an optional Expansion Pack. These Extra Stages may be swapped out with any of the 22 Stages that don't make the cut, or any other Stages you like.

Now, to Nominate Stages! You may nominate up to 100 Stages. After all of our active members have made their nominations, the Top 100 Stages for Brawl Minus will be determined. A minimum of 78 Stages must be nominated. If we come up short of that number, I'll work with whoever is willing to help to fill out the remaining spots.

The more times a Stage is Nominated, the higher its Score will rise, and it will be more likely to be included in the Top 41 Standard Stages. Basically, just mention all of the Stages you like.

To get us started, would someone please post the current 3.Q Stage List, as well as the Stages we had the last time the Stage Expansion Pack was officially used? Having those Stages listed will allow voters to simply Copy & Paste the majority of their Nominations.

I recommend browsing the Brawl Vault to find additional Stages to nominate.

Be sure to mention if a Nominated Stage should have any hidden features, specific music, etc.. If you're recommending a non-standard Version of a Stage, mention which Version it is.

Finally, please Nominate your choice for the WiFi Waiting Room Stage SEPARATELY from your regular votes.

I'll get my Nominations up when I can. :)

P.S.: If this is not officially approved by the Minus Dev Team, it can still be an unofficial patch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I'll totally volunteer to compile it if it doesn't get approved by the devteam.

Will make list things later.
1. BF Melee (With the BF BGM from MELEE)
2. Dreamland 64 (64 blastzones, we don't need that high ceiling)

---
Minus 3.Q Stagelist
UPDATED FOR 3.Q

This is just a list for now. It will eventually be modified detailing the changes of each stage when they are all modified. For now, I'll ask what might be the best route for some levels.

Minus Stages
1. Battlefield
2. Final Destination
3. Delfino Plaza
4. Luigi's Mansion -
5. Mushroom Kingdom -
6. Peach's Castle 64
7. 75M
8. Rumble Falls +
9. Pirate Ship -
10. Hyrule Castle 64
11. Lavaville
12. Frigate Orpheon Balanced
13. Yoshi's Island (Brawl) Fixed
14. Halberd Balanced
15. Lylat Cruise Fixed
16. Pokemon Stadium 2
17. Spear Pillar -
18. Port Town Fixed
19. Summit
20. Lavender Town
21. Castle Siege -
22. Warioware -
23. Final Frustration
24. Skyworld -
25. Metal Cavern
26. Newpork City -
27. Smashville
28. Shadow Moses Island
29. Green Hill Zone -
30. Pictochat -
31. Congo Jungle
32. Temple +
33. Yoshi's Story
34. Jungle Japes -
35. Onett
36. Dream Greens
37. Fountain of Dreams
38. Corneria
39. Saffron City
40. Brinstar -
41. Pokemon Stadium (Grass)

Glyph

100 is a little more ambitious than I think you realize it is, you're gunna end up just randomly picking stages out of brawl vault just to finish your list. Instead I'd suggest just letting people nominate stages at their own leisure and cutting off submissions after X amount of time. From THERE you can work on getting your list to a workable size.

NEWB

Lavaville.

Mario bros stage with crazy fast enemies and the weird pow block.

That huge battlefield stage with the outer rings. Preferably touch up the stages texture and remove the floating crystals in the foreground.

Huge yoshi's island melee stage with the block train.

Castlevania stage over luigi's mansion. The one with the single platform on a huge pillar stage. Project m has this stage but the platform layout changes.

Id like the SSE stages included in the stage expansion.

Trophy stage that minus had. From original smash bros.

Melee battlefield and final destination would make nice additions.

Keep final frustration but probably make it an additional stage instead of over distant planet.

Include a version of wario ware that has hazards.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
100 is a little more ambitious than I think you realize it is, you're gunna end up just randomly picking stages out of brawl vault just to finish your list. Instead I'd suggest just letting people nominate stages at their own leisure and cutting off submissions after X amount of time. From THERE you can work on getting your list to a workable size.
To be honest, I don't think the vault even has 100 good, varied stages.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I think most of the Stages we use will come from the Stage Expansion Pack we used a few releases ago.

Thor

Might add more later - and not necessarily in this order:

Norfair 3.3
Peach's Castle N64
The Bowser version of Peach's Castle N64 as a fully separate stage [the one that's at twilight and where one can always grab on the bottom grey thing on both sides]
BF
FD
SV
Lylat
Yoshi's Brawl
Yoshi's Melee
Yoshi's Block Train
Yoshi's 64
Planet Zebes 64
Mario Bros 3.Q [two halves of stage, middle hole]
New Pork City Minus
Temple, original
Temple 3.Q
Hyrule Castle 64
Skyworld 3.Q
Trophy Stage
That gigantic Wi-Fi waiting room stage that had BF, FD, and some platforms between and below them
Congo Jungle 64
Dreamland 64
Still want a stage with ridiculously large blastzones [think at least 5X as big as current dreamgreens offstage blastzones]
Delfino
Halberd [Minus or not, don't care]
Frigate Minus [or regular if that's preferred]
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
FoD

if possible
Pokefloats
Peach's Castle Melee [the one with giant bullet bills]
Brinstar Depths
Melee Battlefield
Sector Z 64
Saffron 64
Mushroom Kingdom 64

Most importantly,
Big Blue

Bunny5390

Yoshi's block train! I love and really miss that stage! (Actually, the reason I came on just now was to try to figure out how to import it from the archives).

And... this. You must add This.

I'll edit in more later.

Thor

Looks as cool as that super amazing Battlefield+Final Destinaton+some extra platforms stage.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Note: I haven't decided on a real ranking for my very small list yet. Will update in the future.

Astral Phazon Destination on the vault

Minimalistic Destination on the vault

Brawl Galaxy on the vault

Nighttime Battlefield by Mewtwo2000 on the vault

Both versions of Peach's Castle N64 are cool

Minus Distant Planet I miss this stage so much ;_;

Hyrule Castle N64

The Ultimate Show (Super Paper Mario final boss stage)

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Bridge of Eldin (preferably at Night)
Temple vbrawl (preferably Eldin textued)
Hyrule 64 (preferably daytime Eldin)
Mountain Village (better blastlines thanks to Tybis)
Canyon- SSE
Lake Shore- SSE
Pirate Ship (doesn't matter if Minus or Vbrawl)

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Raining Bridge of Eldin
Blizzard vBrawl Temple
I don't have many others in mind for "Favorite stages"....at least not Minus or vBrawl ones.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Hm, I need to find some time to work on this. Filtering through the Brawl Vault is gonna take a while, though.

Anyone have a list of just the Minus-exclusive stages we've had? A list with names and features would be helpful.

@Tybis, @Pin Clock, perhaps you'd oblige?

Minus has had some GREAT custom stages made for it. They deserve to be featured in detail somewhere.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Anyone have a list of just the Minus-exclusive stages we've had? A list with names and features would be helpful.
Psh man I ain't that organized (and I don't remember the stages done before I joined, it's been so long). You guys seem to have listed all the most notable ones though... though you missed the current Jungle Japes, which has slightly lower river, more frequent Klaptrap, lower top blastline, and stairs connecting the platform on the right to the main one. I'm glad people still enjoy Yoshi's block train.

Oh, and current Spear Pillar is hazardless with no lower cave in every variation, for sake of convenience. Sometime before 3.5(?) there was hazardless + no cave (Palkia), hazard + no cave (Cresselia), and frequent hazard + Vanilla layout (Dialga)... kinda confusing.

Thor

Psh man I ain't that organized (and I don't remember the stages done before I joined, it's been so long). You guys seem to have listed all the most notable ones though... though you missed the current Jungle Japes, which has slightly lower river, more frequent Klaptrap, lower top blastline, and stairs connecting the platform on the right to the main one. I'm glad people still enjoy Yoshi's block train.

Oh, and current Spear Pillar is hazardless with no lower cave in every variation, for sake of convenience. Sometime before 3.5(?) there was hazardless + no cave (Palkia), hazard + no cave (Cresselia), and frequent hazard + Vanilla layout (Dialga)... kinda confusing.

I still wish it was 4 versions - no hazard no cave (one of the three spirits), no hazard + cave (Palkia), some hazards + cave (Cresselia), and Dialga mode as it was, but that's probably wishful thinking...

Thor

There can only be 3 versions at any given time, since there's 3 stage files.

I don't know how stuff works, so this may be a grossly stupid question, but couldn't a file be made/added, at least if someone was using the SEP or removed another stage? Or just in general?

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I don't know how stuff works, so this may be a grossly stupid question, but couldn't a file be made/added, at least if someone was using the SEP or removed another stage? Or just in general?
Stage Expansion adds more slots, so it'd have a new icon of its own.
Maybe the Alternate Stage Loader code would be better for that? I mean, it's kinda already what Spear Pillar uses in a way. I have no idea whether you'd be required to add 3 more stages or whether just adding a single extra is ok... I've never messed with the Spear Pillar slot like that with codes.

Thor

I really just want the SEP back for Minus whatever-the-next-one-is-called. 100 stages would be amazing but just getting some extras for now would be awesome.

Thor

@Tybis You make stages, right? Is it possible for you to make a 64 version of Battlefield (where you fight the fighting polygon team) and final destination (where you beat up master hand)?

And would it possible for all 64 style stages to return? I'd LOVE if they were all super accurate (Yoshi's with the clouds and Kongo with the barrel, though leave Peach's castle with ledges on the bottom level please...), but even just having them all I think would be awesome, since I liked all those stages (whenever I play my computer emulator, I often hit random and play where-ever). I would appreciate keeping the current Mario Bros. level as well (if that was meant to count as the modified 64 stage).