Advanced Wario techniques?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I've been playing Wario more lately since he's so rarely used, but the downside of that is that I'm having to learn everything about his Minus moveset via trial and error; there are no replays or tutorials featuring him yet.

So, I'm asking here: What advanced Wario techniques, tricks, and strategies do you know of?

- I only recently found out that Wario's Up B can be used to KO off the top blast zone.
- Just yesterday I learned that his Down Air continues as long as you hold the A button.
- Wario's Bike doesn't seem to be good for anything except horizontal recovery and absorbing projectiles.
- The fart from Up Air trips grounded opponents.
- I'm sure there's better ways of using the crate I haven't figured out yet...

Anything else I'm missing? Thanks for any tips.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
try using the fart at the end of back air and dash attack... also, and this one takes some more practice, try using the ftilt attack... the way it works is that tapping A repeatedly while holding forward makes him keep rolling his arm instead of punching. while you're rolling the punch, you can slide, and oh my god is it extremely fast, across the stage: tilting up while continuing to roll the punch will make you slide forward while still not releasing the punch, and tilting down will make you slide backwards--yes, BACKWARDS-- again, still holding the punch, and still incredibly fast... .... I'll also elaborate on the "fart techniques" i mentioned before this "rolling/sliding punch": during your dash attack, up until the frame where he finally stands up straight again, you can tap A a second time to "fart boost", basically farting to boost forward, continuing the penguin slide dash attack... this fart boost slide you very far and can be used very easily with a very wide window, and is therefore very easy to trick opponents with...*** ...wario's back air also has this "fart boost" dynamic. same input, but will boost you backwards, so if you use your back air, since his butt is facing in front of him, it boosts you further in the direction behind him... if you turn around and approach your opponent with jumps to keep your back turned towards them (which is actually a tactic almost every character has a use for), you can use this fart boost back air to quickly close spacing and very easily land another attack right afterwards... also, this back air fart boost will let you slide for a little bit if you use it so that you boost before hitting the ground and land on your back, which can be used for either quick escapes, or sliding under certain characters. this fart boost back air also helps position you for ledgeguards very quickly and effectively, while still facing the ledge

***this can easily be followed by a back air or back air fart boost, and definitely is easy to input, with not too much damage, but not very much risk at all, and excellent chipping and can link into DEADLY set-ups :D

also, the rolling crate (and wario's moves) have been adjusted so that almost all of wario's moves can hit the crate while riding it, and without breaking as easily.. his neutral a attacks while riding the crate give you slight upward momentum and can help recover, or help for camping. his smash forward A while riding it makes it boost forward with a very heavy hit, and it's very easy to control by just spamming smash A attacks so you boost back and forth from one side of the stage to the other, and, if by some chance you can't, or forget to use your smash B to turn it back around to the stage, you have the back air fart boost to get you back very quickly with even using your side B or up B... also, this makes it very easy to "abandon crate" and jump off and just back air fart boost back to the stage, leaving the crate as a powerfully lethal projectile to chase down a foe recovering back to the stage >:) these combinations of amazing trickplays and gimps and jukes and just all around FANTASTIC mobility make wario one of the funnest, and laugh your ass off trolliest characters to play a game with :D i often play him when i want to be able to be lazy just because of how easy it is to totally control- no- DOMINATE the stage 3) fucking brilliant

OH! one thing that might not be clear: when using the forward tilt a attack and repeatedly tapping it, you can't tilt the stick STRAIGHT up to move forward, because that will cancel the move into up tilt, and likewise for tilting downwards to slide backwards... although, this may help with setups if you can link a lethal up B after up tilt, or a smash attack after down tilt... but let me make it a little more clear: IN ORDER TO SLIDE WITH THE FORWARD TILT A ATTACK, YOU MUST TILT THE STICK DIAGONALLY UP OR DOWN, NOT STRAIGHT UP OR DOWN.

NEWB

You know about doing a during some attacks to fart, right?

Also his dtilt has no end and cancels into everything. It also has a hitbox that lingers as long as the move is used sorta. Hard to explain.

Dair is continuous as long as you hold a. I find that it is mostly a short hopped forward attacking move despite being a dair. Use like squirts dair. Use the extended dair to bring dudes to the blastline, like in the max beta promo.

The bikes exploding hitbox is larger now.

Nair also never ends untill you cancel it.

Ftilt winds up continuously if you hold forward and keep pressing a. Tilting up slightly brings you forward while down brings you backward.

Despite having armor on startup, his fsmash is mostly a combo finisher I find. It can also be reversed.

For crate, use jabs to stop moving so you can redirect yourself. This also brings you up.

That's all from me for now. I'm not actually a wario main.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
goddammit NEWB, every time i think i had everything, you come up and remember "oh, by the way, you can also turn around during the smash attack and- derpy derher herp derp dee doo!" >:O

lol, in all seriousness though, i forgot about that move, and you definitely kept it a lot simpler than i did :p check the bowser thing btw: got any feedback for my last idea?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Thanks for the advice, NEWB! I didn't know about Wario's sliding F-Tilt and continuous N-Air.

We should try some Wario mirror matches sometime.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAID THAT ONE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Oh shoot, I thought both of those posts were by NEWB. Sorry. Thanks for the advice justadood! I'd be glad to play some Wario mirrors with you too.

(Small, purple text on black background = Mistaken names...)

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
oh, no, it's alright man, i'm just trying to mess with newb for always having his two cents for my ideas (paper mario, and bowser for example) ...lol, criticism helps! i'm definitely open to other ideas, and he makes great points! and i definitely want to help make these ideas as good of an idea as possible, but i've been having a hard time getting him to agree with my moveset ideas in general :p haha, no hard feelings though :D and enjoy using wario! the minus team has made brilliant strides with all these guys

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
More things you can do!

While using Wario's Fthrow, you can hold A to keep spinning! It's also steerable. Thus, when you grab someone, you can literally CARRY them all the way to the ledge before you release them. In FFAs, you can do this to use your opponent as a weapon.

If Wario's Fsmash is shielded, he'll just keep sliding forward. Good to know.

Wario's Fair can be spammed super-quickly.

But most importantly, you can press B during side taunt to fart. It's Wario's best move, abuse it.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
lol. i was wondering if he had that f throw in this, cause i thought it was just in PM :p lol, good to know

Smilindeth

justadood covered it pretty well, but also another small thing, you can mess with people by using the down-tilt and letting it just sit there.
The back air fart can be done multiple times, there is a delay though.

The chomp is pretty good also, aerial grab that can be a gimp tool, and I think it was tapping that B makes him do more chomps for damage if he caught someone.

Also, probably tough to do, but if you can get someone else caught on the box, could be an easy kill knocking it away since they'd likely be confused about it.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Smilindeth said:
Also, probably tough to do, but if you can get someone else caught on the box, could be an easy kill knocking it away since they'd likely be confused about it.
oh my god...
thats-the-evilest-thing-I-can-Imagine-meme-dumpaday-8-thumb-290x160.jpg

... this could probably be done right after the down throw... ...that sounds ridiculous... ...lol, and the up B would definitely hit the box far enough, and instantly