3.5 Roy Feedback Thread

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
With Roy's debut in Minus I've heard a lot of good and a lot of strange. The only bad seems to be his recovery. What are some things you'd like to tell us about Roy? Does he need anything added or taken away? Is there something you might not understand? We need your feedback to make Roy the best that he can be.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Although Roy is supposed to be in between Math and Ike, I feel like he leans more towards Marth. Anyway, here's a list of what I like/dislike about Roy.

Things I like:
Foward air. Love this move. Don't touch. :p
Foward tilt. He gets a projectile. Awesomeness.
Foward smash.
Dash attack.

Things that I don't like:
Up air. Pretty useless in my opinion..
His side-step animation isn't that great..
UpB doesn't snap on the ledge.

And that's pretty much it..
Overall, I think Roy needs a buff or 2 to be even better. I see a possible buff to his uptilt or back air, but that's just my opinion. :D

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
His back air is actually more of a tool than an attack you want to use all the time. Assuming you have your jump saved, you can bair into any other aerials pretty well. His uair is a pretty good finisher if you use it right. It has the initial hit and then the last one which does good damage and sends the opponent straight up.

Thor

Bair could use more ISAI frames to make it link to other stuff better, but that's just me.

Longer up+B or make side+B help his recovery, since he can't get under FD : ( - only Bowser and Sheik are the other characters who can't (but Roy fails by the most).

Seems good so far though.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Only 2 minor things:
As Lightning said, UpB should snap on the ledge.

For Double-Edged Dance, if you press SideB and then DownB, Roy cancels into a counter. Is this meant as a fakeout?:confused: I guess I can see its usefulness, but most of the time I do it on accident.

Love everything else about him, though. Really impressed!:D

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Only 2 minor things:
As Lightning said, UpB should snap on the ledge.

For Double-Edged Dance, if you press SideB and then DownB, Roy cancels into a counter. Is this meant as a fakeout?:confused: I guess I can see its usefulness, but most of the time I do it on accident.

Love everything else about him, though. Really impressed!:D

A fakeout could be a reason. It's really just good if you start the move and someone dodges behind you though. Or it you simply miss the first swing.

Thor

LOL I meant more IASI frames but somehow knowing Isai's name messes me up everytime.

My other stuff still applies, although I hadn't realized side_b was such a good semi-spike or whatever in air...

Other Aether

Mediator
LOL I meant more IASI frames but somehow knowing Isai's name messes me up everytime.

My other stuff still applies, although I hadn't realized side_b was such a good semi-spike or whatever in air...
IASA*
Sorry if I'm annoying XD

Thor

I'm bad at acronyms
Interruptible as soon as frames
^that's what I'm trying to say

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
So the armor on the last few frames of his up B... why? His side B in the air needs some tweaking as the sword will pass right through and do nothing. It's also weird how it doesn't do a full swing.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I've only played against CPUs with 3.5. Therefore true testing of Roy's limits hasn't happened. I'll play some online with him when I get back. From what I have seen: Roy is good. I don't see what is pointless about UpB, but perhaps my tastes aren't as refined as other's. I like the SideB being 3 strikes. I've tested the ending attacks for it and finishing with UpB does launch upwards, but last time I saw it, the animation looks like a forward slash. Final smash....is weird and I don't completely understand the hitboxes. And it's important to me because my friends play with items. Besides that, our boy Roy is good. Still needs real testing though.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i saw two roys use their up Bs on each other simultaneously and not even flinch :p

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'll be sure to test when I get back, but memory states that I have struck with UpB when using it as an attack and occasionally when using it as a recovery.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Roy's up B armor is a percentage thing. I didn't want people gimping him with weak attacks because his recovery is already kind of bad...

owo

Yes. He doesn't do a full double swing. It actually just has a sound effect as he swings from one side to the other so, it sounds like two hits but hits once.

ah okay, checked it out in training mode to see the full revolution

also noticed that the n-air has two hitboxes: one near start-up and the second at the end of the spin, but somehow both hits aren't able to connect together even on a big character like bowser