Brawl Minus 3.5 has arrived!

Thor

SAHunterMech said:
I would also like to address Samus: She's been my main focus these past few weeks, and I can safely say that awesome things are happening. Expect major improvements in the next release.

I hope this means 3.3/Max 1.0 fallspeeds... but I can only pray I guess. I've heard 2.X.6 Samus was too polarizing, but I still need to check her out, since NEWB got me curious and all... does this new Samus hark back to either of those versions of Samus?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Details won't be given, but I can tell you she feels nice.

daftatt

I don't get how Project M players do certain things (like short-hopped Knees) with 0 Buffer...
Lots of practice and precision, also I changed the Y button to shield to make L-canceling easier for myself.

SAHunterMech

CQC Apprentice
Minus Backroom
I hope this means 3.3/Max 1.0 fallspeeds... but I can only pray I guess. I've heard 2.X.6 Samus was too polarizing, but I still need to check her out, since NEWB got me curious and all... does this new Samus hark back to either of those versions of Samus?

I don't want to leave you in the dark... Especially since you can command lightning, so it's a moot point.

Samus' gravity is not being reverted. I know this isn't an easy thing to hear, but I will say this: The change in gravity wasn't enough. Samus' moves don't compliment her new gravity; right now I am working towards amending that.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Brawl Minus' buffer is the exact same as vBrawl's. While we can't reduce a specific character's buffer due to it being a global thing, thoughts of looking into the buffer time have been passed around.

yep.

Minus does use a code that eliminates the controller input lag however, though the difference between the two is not clearly defined in common practice

Thor

Well if she's getting a new moveset, ok, because I agree 100% - Samus's moveset was very VERY poorly suited to her fallspeed, which is why I wanted the old one back so bad (and I played a fairly aerial Samus, which I noted after playing her). She also needs some recovery buffs now, but I trust you've got that stuff under control.

Hopefully I like her again.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
No and yes. Will you be able to play? Yes. Is it preferable to Brawl? No. There may be some occasions in which SDHC cards cannot do what SD cards can, however these are rare, even more so if you're just playing 3.5 minus.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Well, I custom build. And I encountered a very strange Character selection screen problem, where I'd freeze in the Stage Selection screen If I added 6 or more characters to the game. When I moved to my 2GB, I didn't have the problem...weird.
However, I was able to play 3.5 on my 4GB before, and 3.3 on my 16GB.
Here's what I'm going to do. I'll put Minus3.5 on my 4GB today, and I'll let you know how it goes.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
My apologies for being so late.
Specs: 3.5Minus with vBrawl Portraits on a 4GB SDHC card. I load via USB Loader GX. Hooktype AxNextFrame.
Results: smooth run.
Notes: I once ran minus on a 16GB card, and the loading times suffered tremendously. I know why, due to the way memory is read. So...you may get some bad loading times with an 8GB SDHC card, but not as bad as my 16GB experiences.
Peace and welcome to Brawl Minus.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Request: Please make Falcon's Side Taunt cancellable at frame 90 instead of frame 99.

Falcon's hand stops moving right at frame 90, so it makes sense.

?0123456789?

So are we still getting a bugfix update to 3.5 or are you guys waiting until the next big installment to include them? Regardless, when are we likely to receive whatever the next release is?

Thor

YESZ! ... Still doesn't say if it means a new version number or not, but whatever!

Also Doq, I'm probably also a tryhard - just saying that because I read your status-thingy below your name.

Marthkid1

The game is great i just find myself playing it all the time but its mot perfect sometimes the game would just randomly freeze out of nowhere and some of the moves added aren't really useful but my biggest problems were dodging and Gannon....For dodging especially in the air i cant do anything till a few seconds after i hit the ground this makes playing it extremely hard and only sets me up tp be air juggled until i die which gets really annoying after having it repeated and Gannon for the next update could u please tone him down sure hes fun to play as but horrible to play against He is way too fast and way too strong there is no way that a Gannon punch should be an instant 700% in damage and theres no way he should be able to kill someone as big as snake at 60% from a gannon kick from half way across the stage otherwise great job on Roy and the detail some of the stages are broken or unfinished but its nothing too serious. I hope the next update will also bring new characters or more stages!