Report all character bugs here.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
No snapshots of these (yet):

- Link's left eye still disappears during a Back Slice.
- A Flying Finishing Blow has no hitbox after the first few frames. You'd expect it to have a static hitbox like D-Air's, but no -- the Master Sword just clips harmlessly through aerial targets. This may have been decided as being unfixable at some point, I forget.

Baby_Sneak

Anytime I die with squirtle, (or the Pokemon team in general) tha last input I tried to make confirms as soon as squirtle gets back

FirstaLasto

ファーストエイラストオー
When Luigi's Neutral Special is charged part way, it does nothing at all. I'm assuming its suppposed to shoot a fireball unless fully charged? ...or is this intentional?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
When Luigi's Neutral Special is charged part way, it does nothing at all. I'm assuming its suppposed to shoot a fireball unless fully charged? ...or is this intentional?

It shoots a fireball if you tap the button i believe. Holding it causes him to do a move called Thunderhand which is dangerous up close.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Anytime I die with squirtle, (or the Pokemon team in general) tha last input I tried to make confirms as soon as squirtle gets back

That has to do with Buffer and I'm not sure if it can be fixed at all.

FirstaLasto

ファーストエイラストオー
It shoots a fireball if you tap the button i believe. Holding it causes him to do a move called Thunderhand which is dangerous up close.
No, that's not what I mean. If you hold it part way, but not long enough to thunderhand, he does nothing. Just does the animation with no electricity or fireball.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
No, that's not what I mean. If you hold it part way, but not long enough to thunderhand, he does nothing. Just does the animation with no electricity or fireball.

Oh.. well.. I'm gonna look into that and see if I can find out why.

Darxmarx

Can I just take a second to appreciate your avatar? ;)

But yeah, I have that bug too. Whenever I charge halfway, it plays the fireball sound effect, but doesn't shoot a fireball. However, if I'm close enough to the enemy, the Thunderhand hitbox actually applies.
Basically, it seems to be a GFX glitch for me.

Valravn

Came here to report the same buffer bug with Pokemon Trainer that Baby Sneak did; the bug actually caused a 0% self destruct for my Charizard today due to a buffered Up-B at a most unfortunate angle. I'm not familiar enough with Brawl modding to suggest a solution, but even special-falling out of spawn would be preferable to getting locked into Fire Spin from the get-go. (Although a buffered Withdraw was about the silliest thing I ran into.)

NEWB

Project m doesn't have those problem. Is that because they have different buffer or is it to do with the pokemon being separate characters?

Valravn

It's because the Pokemon aren't allowed to switch out. If you pick Squirtle, you can't trade him out during the match. As such they removed all representative animations of the pokeball or Pokemon Trainer. I wonder if it has anything to do with the option to switch pokemon on death in Brawl Minus?

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
With the release of 3.Q I'm sure there will be more bugs. It started as a bugfix update and I know we did away with the majority of them. However, we know that finding and solving every bug in a game just isn't possible, especially when that game is forever changing.

Whatever character issues you find, let us know.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Zelda:
I really like the Zelda changes! Ranged D-Tilt is now much better than it was in 3.5. However, it still does not work when Zelda is on a slope/incline/steps/etc. Another bug I found is that Zelda cannot cancel Transform in the air. Sheik can, so that's why I'm guessing it's a bug.
Maybe I'm not understanding what slope or incline means. Because I only know what meaning for it.
After further testing, I've found that when Zelda uses D-Tilt on slopes/inclines/steps/etc., the ranged hitbox is further down than it should be. Take a look at these pictures:
Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/ER99S
RP97I8h.jpg

eGQwSJw.jpg

KHicl1O.jpg

YOjtVdY.jpg

TIkk3Du.jpg

VtkAGBR.jpg

If possible, please either match the lower hitbox to the sparkle GFX, or vice versa -- whichever is more useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Okay. That helps Bent. It shows that the hitbox is in the right place but the GFX isn't.

NEWB

There are still voice clip issues on lavender town with Roy and pichu.

On inclines, pichus downb doesn't hit him.

Roy's entering animation now has the ring the other fire emblem characters have, but it still makes the wrong sound. His counter does not sound like the other fire emblem counters either. I also believe that portions of his fast getup attack from the edge(press a to get up from the edge while below 100%) has non sword hit boxes.

Pichu has pikachu taunts now.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Apologies.

Mario's grounded Firebrand is still the multihitting variant and not the new, single powerful hit.

Pretty sure this was intended. His aerial multihit was outclassed by dair. He can't dair on the ground so it still serves a purpose. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

I also believe that portions of his fast getup attack from the edge has non sword hit boxes.

Roy's getup attack wouldn't be very effective without them.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Pretty sure this was intended. His aerial multihit was outclassed by dair. He can't dair on the ground so it still serves a purpose.
Besides that, if grounded FireBrand were changed from multihit to a single hit, it would be too similar to F-Smash.

Darxmarx

Pretty sure this was intended. His aerial multihit was outclassed by dair. He can't dair on the ground so it still serves a purpose.

Oh, it was intentional? My bad. I just thought it was a bug because of the changelog's wording.

"Firebrand:
changed to an on-the-fly killmove.
The old one was outclassed by dair in the air, and useless on the ground."