Are these characters fine? Heard nothing about them, good or bad.

NEWB

I will testify that pit is very strong with his gimps and combos plus angel ring grab, but mostly cuz those arrows. Out of curiosity, how accurate would you guys say you are with them? My friend is very scary with them! EVERYTIME he shoots the arrow, he hits with amazing precision. If you get hit over empty space, above or below the ledge, you die cuz this guy hits his mark however many times it takes to kill you, usually two. If he smacks you up near the upper blastline, he will shoot an arrow to send you the rest of the way! Dude is such a boss! So much envy!

Other Aether

Mediator
I already know about that. I actually have something else from the same person that he never released. And yeah, i do think that version of Pit feels amazingly fun. I've been thinking about remaking them into lightning since evidently flame wasnt the element of the orbitars true element.
I was a competitive KI:U player in the days before hacking, and I would personally recommend either remaking them with Lightning, or... Use a different weapon, if you feel like going out on a limb. What if Pit had 3 different movesets, one to correspond with each taunt? Tons of work? Unfortunately, yes. However:
Palutena's Bow (default)
Orbitars (already made)
Good possibilities for the third are:
Volcano Arm. Primarily melee weapon that shoots powerful short-range fireballs. Fast, strong, low range.
Compact Arm. Strong, low range and high combo potential. Extremely rapid-fire (super-scope speed or so) homing shots with short range.
Tiger Claws. Primarily melee weapon with tons of combos and insanely fast moves with very high priority, but very low range. (this is the one I support most).
Atlas Club. Exceedingly powerful high range melee weapon with very slow and telegraphed swings, shoots very fast/powerful/large/long range shots that home weakly.
I wish I could say Doom Cannon because memes ftw, but I can't think of a way to make Doom Cannon without it being broken/overcentralized on shooting deplorably OP shots that explode like smart bombs on impact. Or any cannon, for that matter. Leo might work as a trapper (it's in-game function, and my personal main weapon), but honestly Cannons wouldn't work well for Brawl.
Aquarius Blade. Shoots awkward, large, bouncy projectiles. Range is between MK and Marth. Quick and weak with decent combo potential.
Flame Palm. Shoots slow-moving uncontrollable hand projectiles, like Isaac the assist trophy. Moderately slow with mediocre range, but very high knockback.

Sorry for the laundry list, but I like choices. I think it would be really cool if this was implemented, but I'm guessing that's not happening for the same reason as Bat Mode being removed. It would be cool, though. Sometime, I really need to learn to code brawl mods and model/texture so I can attempt something like this.

NEWB

Don't say that yet. Part of the reason for not doing some of these things may be just to not compete with smash 4 pit (and palutena?). But yeah, any of these are good if they don't become over centralized.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I was a competitive KI:U player in the days before hacking, and I would personally recommend either remaking them with Lightning, or... Use a different weapon, if you feel like going out on a limb. What if Pit had 3 different movesets, one to correspond with each taunt? Tons of work? Unfortunately, yes. However:
Palutena's Bow (default)
Orbitars (already made)
Good possibilities for the third are:
Volcano Arm. Primarily melee weapon that shoots powerful short-range fireballs. Fast, strong, low range.
Compact Arm. Strong, low range and high combo potential. Extremely rapid-fire (super-scope speed or so) homing shots with short range.
Tiger Claws. Primarily melee weapon with tons of combos and insanely fast moves with very high priority, but very low range. (this is the one I support most).

Sorry for the laundry list, but I like choices. I think it would be really cool if this was implemented, but I'm guessing that's not happening for the same reason as Bat Mode being removed. It would be cool, though. Sometime, I really need to learn to code brawl mods and model/texture so I can attempt something like this.

This can happen. Actually, that same guy who was working on the orbitars gave ME the model for claws. He had started a moveset for him but he hadn't been able to finish it. So I have the model but i'm no animator...

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Oh, I forgot to add. Lucas has a few things I wouldn't mind seeing improved.
-More landlag on dair, or a higher SDI+hitlag multiplier. (t's frustrating being caught in dair spams.)
-raise the angle on zair a bit, so it's cancelable into more than just uair.

Also, Pit's air side-B is completely useless; whatever you're planning on using it for, nair is probably a better option. I wouldn't mind it being -anything- else.

i think it may sound like it's copying PM, but why not give his side B in air a special that makes him do a special or instant glide?... i could see a way better glide than the one in PM anyway, like one with a special glide attack or something... the three people who can glide are metaknight charizard and pit, and metaknight can glide with up B and charizard can glide with down B, so why is pit stuck with a lame move that doesn't really help with anything in the air, and like ellipsis said, is easily replaced by the neutral air..

EDIT: maybe jetstream orbitars as a side B??

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I main Sheik I'd say that I was mad about Sheiks rebalanced Uair, but it allowed me to explore different moves instead of relying on it for a combo (granted, it is awesome and I still use it) so I'm not mad anymore. Everything else about her imo is solid and I'm still learning. Pit is in my top 3, and when it comes to arrows I'm not NEWB's friend good, but I'd say I can aim well and I'm still mastering it (wifi lag really messes with it though). I disagree with the instant glide because he can do the same thing if you hold jump in midair. Side-b in the air....near useless yes, and I am curious as to what people could do with it, perhaps without changing the ground side-b.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
He could spring forward with a back flipping kick that sends the opponent upward. The move could work well as a recovery move as it would have virtually no landing lag, and he would be able to use it on the ground. Think an offensive (not grapple) monkey flip. Good for starting combos, chasing, and eventually KOing.

Other Aether

Mediator
He could spring forward with a back flipping kick that sends the opponent upward. The move could work well as a recovery move as it would have virtually no landing lag, and he would be able to use it on the ground. Think an offensive (not grapple) monkey flip. Good for starting combos, chasing, and eventually KOing.
Sounds good. Are you planning on making that, or should I?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
that could definitely work well, but like i said before, what I'D like is for his side B to be a glide type move... if the move you're talking about could get some graphics around it to make it look like it's the jetstream orbitars propelling him, then the same effect you're talking about (hitboxes) could work, but i'd still REALLY like it to be able to connect into glide also... maybe after the flip animation ends..?

Other Aether

Mediator
that could definitely work well, but like i said before, what I'D like is for his side B to be a glide type move... if the move you're talking about could get some graphics around it to make it look like it's the jetstream orbitars propelling him, then the same effect you're talking about (hitboxes) could work, but i'd still REALLY like it to be able to connect into glide also... maybe after the flip animation ends..?
If you can make and animate a model of Pit with Jetstream Orbitars, I'll use it.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i can try to do something in a few weeks... [my last finals are monday and tuesday, then i'm off] ...it'll probably look choppy and/or take a while since i don't really have any prior experience with anything but textures :p ...but i'll do my best and hopefully have something to hold you to that ;D ...might need some pointers and tutoring for it though xP