Brawl- Zeus EX- New version of Zeus, one of the best underrated mods.

Thor

We'll definitely have to test it out more. I like Mac keeping KO punch till use, I just think it should be blockable and only kill around 30-50% depending on character weight.

As for his recovery, I definitely agree its just mediocre. As you referenced, its one of the easiest to intercept due to its linear nature. However, its still respectable and has a lot of mix up potential since he can jump out of the side b.

I just hope we get "Zeus Ex 2.0' with a more polished Mac, a finished Isaac, and balancing.

Speaking of ridiculous recoveries... Link would potentially have the best recovery in the game if he could do the Melee bomb jump [throw bomb up and up+B into it].

For some reason, the devs decided it was a good idea to let Link zair out of up+B, and if the zair hits a wall, he can do the reel-in [just a walljump really] and up+B again.

Just his normal movement [fulljump, double jump, up+B] lets him go from the left part of the underside of Temple to the leftmost edge, but the new recovery lets Link go underneath the large lower platform [both directions] and complete the so-called "Reverse Hyrule Jump" at zero percent. To do that, Link pulls a bomb, waits about 3 seconds, then does running full jump, double jump, up+B, bomb explodes, he can up+B again, but face it left so you are high enough to zair the wall on the right edge of Temple, which you can then reel in and do up+B again.

My *only* real complaint with this Link is that his uair is really laggy and his fair is pretty laggy. I think L-cancelling isn't necessarily great game design, but if Link could L-cancel, I would absolutely play him a ton - his dthrow is way less useful than other games, but he can do uthrow utilt, and if he could start the uair juggles I enjoy so much in PM and Melee, and he would be so awesome to play if he could get that not-that-laggy uair and low-landing lag fair. As it is, he feels okayish when I spam nair/bair and land the dairs as needed, but his onstage uair and fair feel oh-so-lackluster.

Related:
Link flashes almost every time he lands and seems to have next to no landing lag. Ellipsis used to be on the boards but IDK if he's still around or how to tag him.

EDIT: Also Falcon has no ultimate but he does have supertaunt [like Link's] - it changes his usmash, gives him fast falcon punch, and I think changes the angle on his uair. If Cloud does utaunt [the limit animation], the sparkles indicate his down+B now meteor smashes [or spikes???] and his aerial down+B does omnislash v5 [or something like it] if you hit with the dive.

Last edited:

xxasians1nxx

Hey guys, crafting my personal build and Im keen on including Samus and Ryu from Zeus Ex. Correct me if Im wrong but Samus most likely needs a code for her electric taunt as does Ryu for his Hadouken? Ive been getting freezes from these two and was wondering if it isn't too vain to ask you to spare the codes or guide me on what might be the issue.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
Hey guys, crafting my personal build and Im keen on including Samus and Ryu from Zeus Ex. Correct me if Im wrong but Samus most likely needs a code for her electric taunt as does Ryu for his Hadouken? Ive been getting freezes from these two and was wondering if it isn't too vain to ask you to spare the codes or guide me on what might be the issue.
These probably have nothing to do with codes and is something wrong with BrawlEx, maybe missing portraits down the line, not fully configured fighter files etc. I'll see if i can find any codes but im sure that this is not the case

xxasians1nxx

These probably have nothing to do with codes and is something wrong with BrawlEx, maybe missing portraits down the line, not fully configured fighter files etc. I'll see if i can find any codes but im sure that this is not the case
I was able to get Ryu to work but for some reason just cant seem to get Samus/ZSS to function. Is it possible there's a code in my .gct that's conflicting with the files? The only Samus related ones Im using is CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and ZSS no armor.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
I was able to get Ryu to work but for some reason just cant seem to get Samus/ZSS to function. Is it possible there's a code in my .gct that's conflicting with the files? The only Samus related ones Im using is CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and ZSS no armor.
Zeus uses codes from Project M, you might wanna check PMs codes.

RetroStation

If it moves, SMASH IT.
Really enjoying Zeus, but there's one minor thing killing it for me: Lack of Evil Ryu transformation. They removed the taunt trigger for Evil Ryu and replaced it with Ashura Senkuu (which makes no damn sense for normal Ryu). I'd manually fix it myself, since it's based off Calikingz01, but PSA can't open Ryu's moveset pac, and I'm rusty with Brawl modding tools in general.

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be an issue with the Download.
Says error and authorize download and stuff. When I press Authorize Download, it refreshes, but doesn't download.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Says error and authorize download and stuff. When I press Authorize Download, it refreshes, but doesn't download.
Try this one, I believe it's the latest version by ThePoisonMirage.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
This issue could be solved by logging on Mediafire or just download it in another Browser.

RetroStation

If it moves, SMASH IT.
Forgot to mention earlier:

Thor, Falcon's special taunt also gives him Air Lightning Kick. It's really weird because it travels a set distance unless it connects, and it has a wider angle than regular Falcon Kick.

Benial

How would you run this on Dolphin? I tried using Brawl Builder, but shows a large list of issues then crashes.

ZXSol

Does anyone a have fix for the shield glitch please? I keep getting stuck in shield and i'm not even touching L or R, and no it isnt my controller either

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Does NB= neutral B? Never seen that abbreviation before myself.

Is there an updated changelist that includes every change for the characters as well as physics/mechanics changes and introducing new chars?

So it doesn't seem like Zeus has the same c-stick buffer issue as Minus, but it has a different one. For some reason, only side-tilt comes out with c-stick set to attack. Using up or down executes a smash attack.

Setting stage select to random from the Rules menu prevents the match from loading after pressing start, and basically freezes in the transition.

Last edited:

Lucis Perficio

Correction: The a-sticking glitch does occur, it's just harder because of the other glitch where usmash and dsmash come out for up and downward flicks and if you keep the buffer off.

Lucis Perficio

Mewtwo, Waluigi, and Knuckles do not recover.

Little Mac only uses side-b to recover, never up-b, and will occasionally use his side-b while his opponent is prone just to end up being offstage.

Waluigi will side-b offstage for no reason, only to not recover.

Meta Knight will use his Mach Tornado offstage into his own death.

Hard for most characters to grab the ledge on Vs. Tabuu stage if they end up just below the ledge. Ledge grab portion should be bigger imo.

Random stage select causes the match to never load (at least on Dolphin), essentially freezing on the transition dimming the CSS.

Glitch

Minus Backroom
Zeus Developer

Thanks for the feedback, but you are using an outdated build. Until we find a way to use BrawlEx CSS expansion online, we are using a Hold Shield for Extra Fighter. The rest of the issues you are having should be fixed by now by updating! :D

Your CSS should look like this:
1490801029.png

Grab the latest version here.

PS: CSS will be expanded in the next build by holding shield on select:
  • Pikachu > Pichu
  • Sonic > Metal Sonic
  • Samus > ZSS
  • Ike > Cloud

Lucis Perficio

PS: CSS will be expanded in the next build by holding shield on select:
  • Pikachu > Pichu
  • Sonic > Metal Sonic
  • Samus > ZSS
  • Ike > Cloud

Thanks. I had downloaded the one on the OG post of this thread, but I guess that one's not updated.

How come those characters are being made L-selectable instead of having their own icon on the CSS? I just find it odd that characters whom are their own in each right are L-selectable in the same way that Warioman, Giga Bowser, and Metal Mario (arguably "unfair" characters to use in a normal setting) are.

Glitch

Minus Backroom
Zeus Developer
How come those characters are being made L-selectable instead of having their own icon on the CSS?

The CSS is limited to only 50 slots with Custom CSS code. While having BrawlEx CSS Expansion does allow over 50 characters, it only works offline, online it freezes, unfortunately. :(

Lucis Perficio

The CSS is limited to only 50 slots with Custom CSS code. While having BrawlEx CSS Expansion does allow over 50 characters, it only works offline, online it freezes, unfortunately. :(

Is there a changelist for the most recent version of Zeus? The one provided in the OG post is oudated and written in engrish, with an incomplete legend.

TDRR

Actually, there is a way to use the CSS expansion online, and i think that since the Wifi CSS is different it has to be adjusted too for extra characters, this is made by adding bones to the CSS model and adjusting the animation of that model to actually make use of the new bones.

I'm 100% sure it's possible, just that no one that has knowledge on it has tried.