Zelda D-tilt Discussion

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Just moving a lot of the posts from the bugfix that weren't related to bugfixes here. A kind of small amount of posts were about Zelda's D-tilt so... No need to discuss this really unless you just want to but it's here now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Though now that it doesn't spike I could move it up a bit if needed.
Sounds like an interesting trade-off for losing the spike. I suggest moving the ranged D-Tilt hitbox further away from Zelda, and raising it up to ground level. It needs to be worth using in a certain situation over any other move -- it's currently inferior to ranged F-Smash, ranged Dash Attack, and especially short-hopped ranged D-Air.

In short, Zelda's ranged D-Tilt would benefit from being assigned an entirely new niche.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Actually it's better than fsmash and dash attack cause the box happens to be right between the gap between both of those long range hitboxes. If the box is moved up, it will be able to hit between where both fsmash boxes are, I believe.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Actually it's better than fsmash and dash attack cause the box happens to be right between the gap between both of those long range hitboxes. If the box is moved up, it will be able to hit between where both fsmash boxes are, I believe.
It's debatable whether or not those two attacks outclassed ranged D-Tilt, but short-hopped ranged D-Air just blows it away.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
You have to be on top of people to dair. I'm talking about more practical use overall. Dtilt would then cover the safe area between Zelda and her hitboxes on fsmash and dash attack if it was moved up to ground level, allowing for more follow ups like bair or ftilt.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
You have to be on top of people to dair.
Just like how you have to be right on top of the ledge to connect with ranged D-Tilt.

Short-hopped ranged D-Air is always the better option in 3.5.

I'm talking about more practical use overall. Dtilt would then cover the safe area between Zelda and her hitboxes on fsmash and dash attack if it was moved up to ground level, allowing for more follow ups like bair or ftilt.
You may be onto something good here.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Just moving a lot of the posts from the bugfix that weren't related to bugfixes here. A kind of small amount of posts were about Zelda's D-tilt so... No need to discuss this really unless you just want to but it's here now.