Wario fSmash Variable Distance

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
So as Wario against C. Falcon, I noticed that his fSmash covers more distance the longer it is charged, especially if it hits shields. Yet in my next match against Game and Watch, the fSmash covered the same distance as it did in vBrawl despite the charge, and there seems to be no particular pattern to this....

NEWB

Don't know what to say. I thought it only gained distance when it was max charged or when it hit shields. Does anything else revert to vbrawl?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I've experienced the vbrawl reverting before. I found a way around it that works for me, but not for anyone else.

NEWB

Vbrawl reverting happened to me only when my sd card was damaged. You can tape it if it gets stuck on write (rite?) protection but then it sometimes just stops working and the game mostly reverts to vbrawl. If it's just one thing reverting to vbrawl temporarily then I'm stumped.

Lucis Perficio

Well what I find odder is that I'm playing this on Dolphin so I don't see how I could have random SD card issues when my SD card is digital. Although I've noticed a lot more reverts to vBrawl on the Wii, this is the only one I know of in Dolphin.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It should be possible for a virtual SD card to become damaged if there's some sort of write failure or the drive it's on becomes damaged. Is it on an external drive by any chance?

Lucis Perficio

No, it's on my internal drive. It seems to be an on and off issue, as the fully charged fSmash will go a great distance sometimes, and other times it goes its vBrawl distance, sometimes during a single match it'll go the Minus distance and then revert immediately... lol

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
You sure you're not tilting or any other kind of input? Tilting can cause Wario to not fly halfway across the stage with his fully-charged f-smash.

Lucis Perficio

Yeah I figured out that the tilt affects it. The changelist on the wiki reads that the fSmash is supposed to go super far on its own without charging, but apparently it goes further according to charge. Though if it hits a shield he'll pretty much blast off in the direction he's facing...

Also it should be noted that Wario is extremely susceptible to wind effects due to his aerial mobility. It's most notable when he is trying to recover agianst Pit. Pit's up-special completely neutralizes the upwards momentum of Wario's up-special.