Using cBliss with Brawl Minus?

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Hmmm...I tried it out, but the characters don't seem to have the extra costumes...I cycle through the costumes and nothing new is there. Sorry if I'm wasting your time.
I'll try it out later. Watching the Matrix.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
I tried putting everything from the CBliss folder into B-, I exported the .TXT I got as a GCT, and still, no extra costumes.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It's possible the codes I found from a quick google search were bad, or that vanilla CBliss is just incompatible with Minus. Do you have a list of the codes you were trying to add?

Sinaladel

It's possible the codes I found from a quick google search were bad, or that vanilla CBliss is just incompatible with Minus. Do you have a list of the codes you were trying to add?
Likely not compatible. I was sick for a while and didn't wanna do much but drink tea and sleep so I wasn't on here sorry guys. Just came on to do it because I'm feeling better and saw it was done :p.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Wait, if cBliss is incompatible, then how will the community Cbliss project even be a thing?

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
All I did was download CBliss, take the codes, and copy them into the Minus GCT.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Wait, if cBliss is incompatible, then how will the community Cbliss project even be a thing?
Well ASF1nk, who developed the CBliss codes, is part of the Minus backroom, so even if the cause isn't error on my part I figure we'll work something out.

Sinaladel

It's likely something with the Minus CSS screen codes. Pretty sure it's only supposed to have a certain number of slots. As Mawootad said ASFink is part of Minus Backroom, so the community CBliss would be a thing because with Sami and ASFink they can make a code that is Brawl Minus' select screen in the order that it is, with Roy, Pichu, and Raichu, that includes extra cosmetic slots for CBliss. Just my guess for what's coming for 4.0 though. I know the CSS is gonna have to be edited if you want CBliss in it though, if not I believe removing the CSS code, exporting Roy and Pichu's texture files and adding them in using the clone tool would work if you wanna go that route to add CBliss. Pretty sure you'd be stuck with Brawl's CSS IF that would work.

baltarc

Not sure why this isn't more widely publicized - I spent the better part of the past few days trying to figure out exactly why cBliss wouldn't work with Minus - but the issue isn't the Minus CSS; rather, cBliss and BrawlEx (which Minus uses to load Roy and Pichu) are simply incompatible. However, it is possible to expand each character to have extra slots using BrawlEx itself, as explained in this tutorial. You need a kc-mm account to view the in-depth explanation, but if you just want to give each character 10 slots it's as simple as putting these files created by the tutorial's author, ShinF, in the appropriate BrawlEx directory and then adding the necessary CSPs/BPs/RSPs/stock icons into the Minus files. As far as I know, ShinF deserves all the credit for figuring this out; just wanted to spread the word since I saw that people here were interested.