The Official Match-Making Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
You WFC friend code (normal Nintendo server friend code) will no longer work due to wifi shutdown. Instead you'll have to get a new friend code from Wiimmfi. If you've ever connected to WFC you'll need to first delete your save data (various backup programs exist, google and you'll find several). Then all you need to do is connect to Wifi as normal and you'll be given a new friend code and be able to play as normal. Note that you MUST direct connect to friends because Wiimmfi is shared by people on many different smash code sets with whom Brawl will happily match you with and with whom you'll immediately desync due to the massive differences between the code sets.

Swoosh_

You WFC friend code (normal Nintendo server friend code) will no longer work due to wifi shutdown. Instead you'll have to get a new friend code from Wiimmfi. If you've ever connected to WFC you'll need to first delete your save data (various backup programs exist, google and you'll find several). Then all you need to do is connect to Wifi as normal and you'll be given a new friend code and be able to play as normal. Note that you MUST direct connect to friends because Wiimmfi is shared by people on many different smash code sets with whom Brawl will happily match you with and with whom you'll immediately desync due to the massive differences between the code sets.
no but how do i find my friend code ive connected to wfc before

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It's somewhere in your Brawl save file and I have no idea where; you cannot access it offline afaik. It's completely useless at this point so why do you ask?

Mariosonicman1

Im not sure how many players would want to fight me but... heres my things...

Name:
Mariosonicman1 (Thany)
Friend Code: 2883-6295-6601
Weekly availability
: im usually available all week.
Time availability: hard to say since i usually have odd sleep times.but more often then not, 12pm to 10 pm eastern time.

mains: Pichu, Roy, Mario, Toon Link, Sonic, Zelda and Jigglypuff.

i hope we can have some fun smashes with each other. (with or without stage gimmics and items.)

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Would like to update my time info to 7-10 PM CST and also that I'm only available for Dolphin netplay, not Wifi. If anyone is up for some netplay games add Mawootad on Skype and I can send you the stuff needed for netplay (you'll need to get a revision 1 NTSC-U Brawl ISO yourself) and also add you to the Brawl Minus general purpose Skype chat.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Would like to update my time info to 7-10 PM CST and also that I'm only available for Dolphin netplay, not Wifi. If anyone is up for some netplay games add Mawootad on Skype and I can send you the stuff needed for netplay (you'll need to get a revision 1 NTSC-U Brawl ISO yourself) and also add you to the Brawl Minus general purpose Skype chat.
If you have a Wii NAND dump, you can play on Wiimmfi.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
The Minus default codeset allows you to play online on Wii but you'll need to a new friend code though if you've accessed the Nintendo multiplayer servers, which involves deleting your save file. Once you do that you can go to Nintendo Wifi Connection as normal, and you'll be assigned a new friend code which you can view and share in the same ways as you could with a vBrawl friend code. You don't have to do anything else.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Because I don't currently own a TV and my toaster only drops frames occasionally; dolphin runs fine for gameplay but I don't trust it to run laglessly.

Mariosonicman1

im sure its as easy as going to the options on your wii menu and deleating your wii save data on brawl.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
From the Brawl main menu it's under options -> erase data. Minus 4.0b does have unlock all music, unlock all stages, and unlock all characters codes built in meaning that normal versus play will be unaffected, but do note that this will remove boss battles, most event matches, and all sse progress. If you want those back I'd suggest downloading and loading a 100% complete Brawl save - SSE is time consuming and due to bugs/changes Classic Mode and certain events cannot be completed in Minus (although you can do these in classic with no problems at all).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
For solo play you just start up Brawl normally from the Wii home screen. For online play you'll need to use a Gecko codeset that changes what server Brawl is using because Nintendo no longer hosts Wii servers thus you cannot connect to the standard servers. If you use Wiimmfi (I'm not sure what other options are available) you will be able to use the same friend code that you use with Minus.

Swoosh_

For solo play you just start up Brawl normally from the Wii home screen. For online play you'll need to use a Gecko codeset that changes what server Brawl is using because Nintendo no longer hosts Wii servers thus you cannot connect to the standard servers. If you use Wiimmfi (I'm not sure what other options are available) you will be able to use the same friend code that you use with Minus.
ok thanks

Xentas

Some Minus Fan Who Likes Criticism
Hi, my friend is 4730-4656-3410.
Skype is suicidebyagentorange if you'd like to add to the Skype chat, I suppose.
Name's Doc. On most days if I can, sporatically.

Ntut

Lemmy's Husbando
Ntut
0993-8439-8210
Weekly availability
Usually Weekends All day.... Also Whenever school is off
Main: Kirby Secondaries: G&W, Pit, Bowser, Toon Link. Still like playing other characthers
Play on a Wii and stuff also have custom music and junk on this

owo

hi guys; anyone wanna play

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
Might as well do one of these.

Name: vanity.
FC: 0478-4480-1914
Availability: Typically, I'm completely free on Saturdays and Saturdays during most times. I am available on Monday - Friday from 6 PM - 11 PM. I will likely change this once I graduate from high school. I can play Wii online and netplay.
Mains: Diddy Kong (Online, offline, and netplay)
Other Stuff: Contact me whenever, whether it be in this thread, or the Skype chat, if interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.