The Moveset Thread

tinkerttoy

the first and last samus main
Since I couldn't find all this in one place anywhere, here's a list of Samus's moves and the percentages they deal, as well as a couple notes I've saved up. If I've made any errors, please tell me so I can edit the OP. Hope this is useful to any potential Samus players!

Normals
Jab: 3% 1st hit, 10% 2nd hit (13% total)
Forward tilt: 11%
Down tilt: 11%
Up tilt: 13%

Smashes
Forward smash: 16%
Down smash: 16%
Up smash: 5% 1st hit, 1% next 3 hits, 12% last hit

Aerials
Neutral air: 13%
Forward air: 4% first four hits, 5% final hit (21% total)
Back air: leg 12%, foot 15%
Down air: 15%
Up air: 3% initial, 1% next four hits, 7% final hit (14% total)

Specials
Charge beam: 6% uncharged, 25% charged
Missiles: 2% initial, 3% final, 15% super missile
Power bomb: 15% near edge, 19% at center
Screw attack: 17%

Grabs
Pummel: 2%
Forward throw: 12%
Back throw: 12%
Down throw: 10%
Up throw: 13% (4% heal)

Notes
Up throw knocks the opponent to the ground, heals Samus, and allows for basically any followup if the opponent fails to tech (and opens up tech chase options if they do). Probably her best, though her down throw is also a good combo starter.
Screw attack has deceptive range and great priority, making it a very safe recovery option.
Super missiles have a peculiar knockback angle; they knock the opponent straight up and slightly towards Samus. This makes super missiles a great combo starter at mid percents, and a decent kill option at high percents.

Last edited:

Thor

Since I couldn't find all this in one place anywhere, here's a list of Samus's moves and the percentages they deal, as well as a couple notes I've saved up. If I've made any errors, please tell me so I can edit the OP. Hope this is useful to any potential Samus players!

Normals
Jab: 3% 1st hit, 10% 2nd hit (13% total)
Forward tilt: 11%
Down tilt: 11%
Up tilt: 13%

Smashes
Forward smash: 16%
Down smash: 16%
Up smash: 5% 1st hit, 1% next 3 hits, 12% last hit

Aerials
Neutral air: 13%
Forward air: 4% first four hits, 5% final hit (21% total)
Back air: leg 12%, foot 15%
Down air: 15%
Up air: 3% initial, 1% next four hits, 7% final hit (14% total)

Specials
Charge beam: 6% uncharged, 25% charged
Missiles: 2% initial, 3% final, 15% super missile
Power bomb: 15% near edge, 19% at center
Screw attack: 17%

Grabs
Pummel: 2%
Forward throw: 12%
Back throw: 12%
Down throw: 10%
Up throw: 13% (4% heal)

Notes
Up throw knocks the opponent to the ground, allowing for basically any followup, AND heals Samus. It's by far her best throw.
Screw attack has deceptive range and great priority, making it a very safe recovery option.
Super missiles have a peculiar knockback angle; they knock the opponent straight up and slightly towards Samus. This makes super missiles a great combo starter at mid percents, and a decent kill option at high percents.

Uthrow is techable, so if you want a guaranteed charge shot I believe dthrow is the go-to throw [assuming that works, that might not either?]