Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I STILL don't have the game, but I'm of the opinion that Mac in actual tournaments won't do too well because there's stages that aren't FD.
But the only real stages that aren't Omega/FD and are tourney legal are Yoshi's Island and Battlefield. And these could kinda help him. Gonna camp with lazers? I'll just jump over them with these platforms! Trying to meteor smash me? I'll just use my insanely high wall jump! Spike me or meteor smash me on stages with no walls? ...Well, you've got me there.

Thor

I STILL don't have the game, but I'm of the opinion that Mac in actual tournaments won't do too well because there's stages that aren't FD.

The stagelist I have seen at tournaments generally has FD, BF, and Yoshi's Island Brawl as starters. Yoshi's Island Brawl is still good for Mac as the single platform is not terribly obtrusive for him (from what I've seen) and his recovery is augmented both by the ghosts that show up and by the walls allowing him to use his surprisingly good wall jumps.

The counterpick Lumoise City (it's like Delfino) is very much not good for Little Mac though. If Arena Ferox is legal in the area (that varies), it may not be the best choice for Mac either, though he can just elect not to approach to make the problem less relevant.

NEWB

Mac is......tricky. I don't think he's OP but you absolutely gotta practice against little Mac if you are gonna compete.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
He will be far deadlier in the wii u version once people can quick smash again.

Thor

How irritating that will be. I haven't seen the Wii U stage list, are there more competitive viable stages then the 3DS this time?

We'll have FD, BF, and Smashville returns, as well as the new Animal crossing stage that apparently lacks hazards.

So if we get any others at all, then yes, since that would make 5, which is greater than 4 (and like 3 halves I guess, since people are looking again at Brinstar, Jungle Japes, and Arena Ferox, and maybe a few others...).

Gold_TSG

Just passed my 400 matches mark on for glory.

336 victories, 67 losses

Anyone else wanna share?

GaMeZ

762 battles.

640 wins. 122 losses. 84% win rate. It was a solid 90% until recently. I've just been throwing games left and right since I've been flooded with other incredible games, dragging my attention away. (Why must you be so good, Isaac: Rebirth?)

My ratio is eerily close to yours.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I've gotten somewhere over 500 battles but I'm too lazy to check my exact numbers.

In other news, apparently version 1.0.4 of Smash has actual balance changes and includes things like Rosalina nerfs (Luma comes back slower) among other things. I'm amazed, I never thought Ninty would care enough to make fix that sort of thing. They tend to call Smash a party game and all.

We'll have FD, BF, and Smashville returns, as well as the new Animal crossing stage that apparently lacks hazards.

So if we get any others at all, then yes, since that would make 5, which is greater than 4 (and like 3 halves I guess, since people are looking again at Brinstar, Jungle Japes, and Arena Ferox, and maybe a few others...).

Coliseum seems like it might be legal since all it has are rising platforms and I don't think any of em serve as walls like Arena Ferox. Most of the stages in the game tend to have some minor quip that might make em not legal. And there's a TON of traveling stages now...but where's Poke Floats 2 or even a 3rd one? ;__;

And then there's this stage, Wuhu Island. I thought it might be legal since all it does is zip you all over but some parts have walk offs...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_TSG

I heard Luma can't attack while she's grabbed anymore either.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I heard Luma can't attack while she's grabbed anymore either.
Yeah except Lumas always hit you after the throw, not during :/ Also, some people are claiming they nerfed Char's Flare blitz but it seems to be standard overreacting for now.

GaMeZ

If you Bowsercide now, on the final stock, you will always lose as the Bowser.

In other news I went on a tangent and killed a family of 5 after hearing this. It's my go to when I wanna clean up a match.(Say I've just died on my first stock, and they're on the 2nd at 70%-ish damage and still spamming whatever they used) Its my go to move to shame the bad players! :(

Gold_TSG

It should force SD, not kill him...

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
And IIRC, the person with the lower damage controls where Bowser goes during the move. That means that Side B is now only really a killing move.

GG Nintendo.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
In other news, does anyone else feel like Ike's aerials got quicker? I swear he swings that fair super fast now D:

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
In other news, does anyone else feel like Ike's aerials got quicker? I swear he swings that fair super fast now D:
Not by much. They feel like they come out only a few frames earlier now, not enough to much matter but enough to know.

Thor

Not by much. They feel like they come out only a few frames earlier now, not enough to much matter but enough to know.

Someone tested and various people on SWF verified that Ike can SH autocancel fair.

That's a lot more than "a few frames earlier" (or even if it's the same speed, being able to SH it and have it autocancel is amazing).

I would verify myself but can't because I don't have a Wi-Fi connection for my 3DS (that will be fixed over break when I head back home of course).

I would encourage you to try it to see if that's actually the case. If so, imagine how much Ike's approach game just improved - spacing someone out with SH fair gives Ike huge poking range while avoiding unreasonable risk thanks to the autocancel.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Someone tested and various people on SWF verified that Ike can SH autocancel fair.

That's a lot more than "a few frames earlier" (or even if it's the same speed, being able to SH it and have it autocancel is amazing).

I would verify myself but can't because I don't have a Wi-Fi connection for my 3DS (that will be fixed over break when I head back home of course).

I would encourage you to try it to see if that's actually the case. If so, imagine how much Ike's approach game just improved - spacing someone out with SH fair gives Ike huge poking range while avoiding unreasonable risk thanks to the autocancel.
Then whoever said it must have either lied or it is in, but I don't have the 1.0.4. update to do it.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
A friend of mine is convinced they'll re-add ICs because Samurai and co. just "haven't figured out how to get em to work yet" :/ I sincerely believe they'll arrive when the N3DS finally comes stateside and they can just use the boosted RAM for em.