Suggestions for changes to C. Falcon's taunts

NEWB

That is indeed a shame.

Also, I would offer to play you gold but my codes do not currently contain the wifi codes. Using my slightly custom code set and I can't access my computer right now :/

Glyph

How about we just let it be a taunt instead of arbitrarily trying to make Falcon better with it? Yeah a little annoying that you hit someone with it when you taunt after you land a falcon punch... but no one is going to make you taunt. Just followup right away, or move a little further away.

NEWB

I think the taunt functions nicely as is. It's a way for falcon to hit someone out of daze being honorable or something. You could do it with a jab but it has a bit more hitstun,

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I have no intention of making Falcon better. I just like to experiment.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
D.K. used to be able to spawn a Franklin Badge with one of his taunts.

Ganondorf's Gandouken spawns a Super Scope, fires it, then makes it disappear before you can even see it.

Perhaps Falcon could do the same with a Franklin Badge, to get a few frames of reflectabilty?

This code would probably need to be modified somehow:

Gandouken [Standardtoaster]
* 4A000000 9105E780
* 14000640 41100000
* 14000644 3F400000
* 4A000000 9105F020
* 1400006C 00000078
* 16000040 0000000C
* 00020000 00020000
* 00020000 00000000
* 14000730 00000073
* 14000704 36431085

Would a coder please break down how this code works for us?

I'm just curious to know if this is possible; not seriously asking for it to be an official thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glyph

The problem there is that even when DK spawned a franklin badge, it was just in his hand rather than equipped to him. I'd assume we'd face a similar issue here where we can't force the game to equip it, and can only force it to make DK hold one for a few frames.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker

Gold_TSG

I believe his aerial hammer was able to reflect in vbrawl, so he already had the ability to reflect.

IIRC, Sammi said it has something to do with character modules, not PSA. For example, if they wanted to add a new character with the ability to reflect, they would have to put them on a character module that already allows reflection, like Fox.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Kirby's aerial Hammer had the ability to reflect in vBrawl? I don't recall that ever happening, and it doesn't seem to be documented either...
Time for some random tests.

Gold_TSG

I definitely remember him being able to reflect with it. The vbrawl wiki seems inaccurate at times, cause I also remember reading that D3's jet hammer could reflect, which was untrue.

The mod stuff is just stupid complicated. If people could readily throw reflection on anyone at any time, you'd see it used more often. I think that might even be why specific chars made in the vault are specifically placed over certain chars when you add them?