Spreading Brawl Minus

Will you help spread knowledge of Brawl Minus?

• Total voters

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
OK. One problem I have with Brawl Minus in general is that the mod has almost no representation. The Brawl Minus YouTube is barely watched, The facebook page is barely used (except for YouTube videos. No one has even attempted to upload the new costume alts). The twitter could be better. I'm not completely blaming the administrators and creators of Brawl Minus on this. I also blame the community, including myself. I feel as if the Brawl Minus community could do WAY better in spreading the Mod. I plan on starting to create videos highlighting the characters of this mod and what's different from each iteration of Smash. I would like everyone's help with this as I feel this is a community related problem. Im gonna post seperate threads in each characters discussions. Please leave responses down below, I'd love to hear what everybody thinks.

Thor

OK. One problem I have with Brawl Minus in general is that the mod has almost no representation. The Brawl Minus YouTube is barely watched, The facebook page is barely used (except for YouTube videos. No one has even attempted to upload the new costume alts). The twitter could be better. I'm not completely blaming the administrators and creators of Brawl Minus on this. I also blame the community, including myself. I feel as if the Brawl Minus community could do WAY better in spreading the Mod. I plan on starting to create videos highlighting the characters of this mod and what's different from each iteration of Smash. I would like everyone's help with this as I feel this is a community related problem. Im gonna post seperate threads in each characters discussions. Please leave responses down below, I'd love to hear what everybody thinks.

I am not sure how to spread Minus at UIUC, but I do tell people about it and have had a few friends try it [and they mostly enjoyed it, but didn't have an easy way to get it themselves]. Minnesota recently created a Brawl Minus facebook group, we're having a side event at the monthly, and a Minus/PM event is planned for mid-June.

So I guess things are at least looking up in MN?

They've also released the character intros, but those were dev-made, which means there's probably some trade-off to actually making 4.0f. If some people the devs trusted who weren't part of the dev team made the videos, that might make it easier on them???

Just throwing stuff ou there...

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
I am not sure how to spread Minus at UIUC, but I do tell people about it and have had a few friends try it [and they mostly enjoyed it, but didn't have an easy way to get it themselves]. Minnesota recently created a Brawl Minus facebook group, we're having a side event at the monthly, and a Minus/PM event is planned for mid-June.

So I guess things are at least looking up in MN?

They've also released the character intros, but those were dev-made, which means there's probably some trade-off to actually making 4.0f. If some people the devs trusted who weren't part of the dev team made the videos, that might make it easier on them???

Just throwing stuff ou there...

That's amazing! I've heard of the Minnesota Group from just reading the forums so that's amazing. Us down in Tennessee (with Turk) are creating a scene for Brawl Minus as well, getting people to try it out and some people even wanting to play again. I find this to be amazing actually.

As far as you second comment, I do believe people have the right of just sharing the mod on YouTube anyways. If people would step up and create videos for Minus then it would be more recognized, because there is a big lack of videos on The mod itself.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
If you're interested in making character videos, we could actually use video editors at the moment. While we can do the scripts and voice recordings for a video in a week or two, the footage takes a lot longer and we could really use some more hands working on the character intro videos to really churn them out.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
If you're interested in making character videos, we could actually use video editors at the moment. While we can do the scripts and voice recordings for a video in a week or two, the footage takes a lot longer and we could really use some more hands working on the character intro videos to really churn them out.

That sounds interesting. I'd love to take a position like that as im currently wanting to learn some type of Video Editing. Who should i talk to about the position? PinClock?

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
Pin Clock get this guy on your team. I introduced the game to him about a month ago, and his passion for the game has been growing ever since. Minus could DEFINITELY use the exposure. I have a friend who plans to TO with me, and we'll be saving for streaming equipment so we can have some legit tourney footage to share in our community. ThePoisonMirage something I hope you'll help with! :D

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
Pin Clock get this guy on your team. I introduced the game to him about a month ago, and his passion for the game has been growing ever since. Minus could DEFINITELY use the exposure. I have a friend who plans to TO with me, and we'll be saving for streaming equipment so we can have some legit tourney footage to share in our community. ThePoisonMirage something I hope you'll help with! :D

Definitely. I'm gonna make a post sometime or later and we'll see what happens.

Junior_Z

The Blazing Star
Arizona (AZ) has a steadily growing scene as well. At one of the four major Smash venues we host Brawl Minus tournaments weekly (only $1 entry until we garner more support) on two days of the week. I have a cheap capture card that I use to record footage but it's low quality (360p at best), so I've been reluctant to record much in the way of tournaments. If you guys aren't concerned with quality, though, i can record the next one and put it on the AZ Brawl Minus Youtube channel.