Spookyman here, long time Smash veteran

Spookyman

I've been playing Smash my whole life, from 64 to Melee to Brawl, then back to Melee again. I tried Brawl- when it was a brand new thing, like back when modding Brawl was the cool new thing to do, and never actually thought it would come this far. One of the other forum members here, Bashdemears, showed me that the game is still alive, and it's way more fun than vBrawl probably ever was.

Then I proceeded to destroy everything and everyone with Zelda.

I personally love getting in on the ground floor of fighting games, and exploring underdeveloped characters. I was a die-hard Lobo main in Injustice, back when he was so underplayed he didn't even rank on the tier list, and one of the top ranked Lobo players online. So the whole idea of this game being mostly an undiscovered world really excites me, and I would love to influence its future.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Hey there. Welcome to the forums!

I can relate to exploring other lesser-known characters in fighting games. The only difference is I suck at using most of them. :p

Out of curiosity, do you main Zelda in vBrawl, Melee, and other mods as well, or only in Minus?

Spookyman

@Darxmarx I only play Zelda in Minus because I'm under the impression that she's just the best character. I play G&W in Melee (love that you guys gave him the parachute btw) and I played ROB in vBrawl way back.

@Glyph I don't have a WiFi setup. I don't own the game myself, and the person's house I go to uses a 4G hotspot for internet, so it's pretty bad and unreliable, sorry. The best I have is playing sets with Bash, and we recorded some of those.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
@Darxmarx I only play Zelda in Minus because I'm under the impression that she's just the best character.

@Glyph I don't have a WiFi setup. I don't own the game myself, and the person's house I go to uses a 4G hotspot for internet, so it's pretty bad and unreliable, sorry. The best I have is playing sets with Bash, and we recorded some of those.
Have you uploaded any of those matches yet? I play Zelda too, so I'd like to see how you play her differently.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Then I proceeded to destroy everything and everyone with Zelda.

OH GOD. PLEASE. SHOW. THEM.
Show them how you moved pichu, Zelda and G&W up a tier each.

We should upload the replays this weekend. When I finish moving, you can play wifi at my place.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I can't wait to play you.
Welcome.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I certainly wanna play you

PowerUp

Online, I think Zelda is manageable, but offline, she completely shuts down most of the cast. I've only been able to beat a skilled Zelda with extreme rushdown characters like Lucario. She is a sleeper top tier.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your contributions and eventually getting to play you.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Online, I think Zelda is manageable, but offline, she completely shuts down most of the cast. I've only been able to beat a skilled Zelda with extreme rushdown characters like Lucario. She is a sleeper top tier.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your contributions and eventually getting to play you.

Yeah lucario was my only hope.