Spear Pillar?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
This is probably a custom build issue, but I'll ask anyway.
My Super OP build has many things: BrawlEX, textures, custom music, Stage Expansion, and Turbo Mode.
Everything is going well. Except when my group landed on Spear Pillar yesterday. It's the standard vBrawl one, as I do not have the stage file in my SD.
That time, the stage pokémon was Dialga. It froze. My roommate says that he thought it happened because he was playing as a BrawlEX character. I say no.
Confused, I begin to test.
All tests are in training mode.
I go back to Spear Pillar today, and out comes Dialga, the big blue one. Training mode, P1 Mario and CPU Luigi. Dialga unleashes a vertical laser on the right part of the screen. Typical, and no errors. Then it seems like Dialga tries to attack again, but freeze.
This time Charizard and Bowser. Pokemon is Cresselia, the pink eel-looking one. All seems well. Cresselia does several attacks and leaves the stage without freezing. The Cresselia returned. Seems to be attacking us just fine. I'm ending this test because it seems like this Pokemon is okay.
Spear Pillar's Pokemon work like three separate stages right? So, when one Pokemon disappears, I shouldn't expect a different one to take its place.
Squirtle and Ivysaur. This time it just froze either just before the Pokemon was about to arrive, or for some other reason. I don't know which Pokemon was loaded.
Kirby and Sheik. Dialga appears. Roars, middle vertical laser. Roars, breaks top right portion of stage. Roars, Shoots lower horizontal laser. Stage repairs itself. Dialga breaks it again. Lower Horizontal laser again. Roars, tilts the stage to the right. Roars, vertical laser on the right side of stage. Dialga leaves. Dialga returns. Roars, breaks top left part of stage. Roars, slows time. Stage repairs itself. Slow ends. Dialga lets out a big roar, steps off the pedestal and physically attacks. Roars, vertical center laser. Roars, stage tilts to the left. Dialga leaves. Dialga returns. Roar, left vertical laser. Super roar, jumps to the stage and physically attacks. This time I jump into the attack, instead of letting him miss like last time. I get hit. 1 second, then freeze. Dialga is pixelated.
Marth and Marth. Dialga again. Slows time. Vertical left laser. Breaks left portion of stage. Right vertical laser. Breaks center stage. Disappears. If he comes back, I'm going to jump into all of his attacks. Dialga returns. Tilts stage right. Vertical left laser, jumped into it. Slows time. I fight the other Marth. I miss my attack and begin to fall. UpB to the bottom ledge. Ledge-grabs. Freeze. All of this was during the effects of Dialga's slow time.
Not documenting anymore tests until I get Palkia, the big silver and pink one.
So far I've been letting the game choose the version of Spear Pillar. I just remembered that there is a code in effect that allows me to choose. I'm going to use it from now on.

Luigi and Yoshi. I used button activator C+A, it's supposed to choose the Cresselia stage. It did. Exiting test because Cresselia has never been an issue.
Luigi and Yoshi again. I used button activator 2+A, it's supposed to choose the Palkia stage. It seems to have, simply based on the color of the aura. Yep here is Palkia. Lower horizontal laser. Mirror mode. Unmirror. Left vertical laser kills me. Breaks right part of stage. Flips stage upside down. Stage repaired. Re-flipped. Lower horizontal laser. Breaks center of stage. Palkia leaves. Palkia returns. I start attacking Yoshi. Freeze after a few hits. I think Palkia was about to attack. Palkia looks pixelated, just like Dialga did in Test 4.
End of testing for now. It seems that Cresselia's stage is the only one without issues.
Does anyone have any insight as to what could be the issue here? Accepting any and all help.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
It's the standard vBrawl one, as I do not have the stage file in my SD.
Are you sure you aren't using a .rel file for Spear Pillar? It would be named "st_tengan.rel" in the "module" folder. If there's one there, try deleting it.

Spear Pillar's Pokemon work like three separate stages right? So, when one Pokemon disappears, I shouldn't expect a different one to take its place.
Right. This is also why each stage has a different "aura" as you were calling it; each one has slightly different coloring. Palkia's is pinkish while Dialga and Cress' are blue (might be the same shade?).

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Just checked again, no module or stage file.

Other Aether

Mediator
Have you edited any of your common.pac's at all? That shouldn't be the issue, since a missing file would just cause it to revert to vBrawl, but if there is a corrupted file that relates to Palkia/Dialga that could potentially happen.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Hmmm...I can't say that I left my common.pacs alone. I stopped messing with common5 after I learned that I can just extract the sc_selcharacters and sc_selmap to the menu2 folder. I have an edited common3 because Turbo Mode. The other common.pacs I don't remember messing with. Where are Dialga and Palkia's articles stored?

Last edited by a moderator: