Sliding dsmash

NEWB

You can slide other smashes this way too. I think you gotta press behind peach after she does dtilt and then smash or do anything, even nothing.

NEWB

It's not useless. She can use dtilt, which is a spike near the edge, and it's mostly safe on whiff because she can withdraw with this. She can also better tech chase with it. It also makes it harder for opponents to land any where near her since she can slide smash into them. It's not that fast a push though, so it's not as widely used but still useful. She can also start floating and gain more backwards momentum with this.

Don't know if it's intentional but I can't imagine this be being by accident. It's been around for a long time so it may have been forgotten about.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

Do remember that since she can float around the stage anyway, it's not really more useful that just floating close to some and doing an aerial. If you are slide smashing, her fsmash has the most range since it it's hitbox can be tweaked with tilting and it hits behind peach. Just fiddle with it against the AI and use it to catch human players off gaurd, but this isn't any huge thing that you should revolve your game around. I'm not a peach main so this may be a bigger or lesser thing than I am making it out to be.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I'm just gonna call this a "feature" and see how it'll be utilized in Peach's game for now

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
So if you dtilt and immediately dsmash peach will slide backwards while dsmashing about 1/5th the length of FD. I dunno if it's a glitch because it is pretty useless but I would like to see a sliding dsmash implemented in the next version of minus.

She can also use it to jump backwards without jumping backwards.

Thor

There's some trick Pikachu can do with this in vBrawl called the Pikaslide, and it usually is dtilt ->fsmash (works with dsmash) and Pikachu slides back a good bit - useful for Pikachu, as one can be fsmashing someone trying to punish dtilt (or just making dtilt safer in general on shield).

I don't know if it's something about Minus, or if this property exists on other characters in vBrawl as well, but I don't believe it does (or else you may have just found a new trick for Peach in Brawl - if it works in Brawl, you or I can go to the SWF Peach boards (I'll credit you if you don't care to do it) and post in the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" if it's well-known that Peach can Pikaslide and the Pikachus just never let the technique take a less character specific name). The reason I don't think it is in Brawl is because Pikachu is thought to be able to do it because of the unique dtilt animation.

Nice find either way though. At worst, is useful in doubles - can go for a dtilt and then dsmash to get the other player who's normally a bit out of range (very narrow but this could happen, and if it does, every little bit helps in 2v1s).