Silver's here!

SilverStarApple

Hi, I'm Silver. I came when I saw some Brawl Minus videos, and I'm here because I was told it's more alive than the r/Minusery subreddit on reddit, where I'm known as CleverestPony70. Don't worry about that name, it was part of a dumb thing that'll only make sense if I told you my life story and the events leading up to when I joined reddit.

I love Brawl Minus, and Ivysaur needs a buff.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Always good to see another new face in the Minus community. Glad to have you with us.

Though... I gotta say, as a resident Ivysaur main, I can say with confidence that she really doesn't need a buff. She has plenty of options and tools that make her one of the best characters in the game, in my personal opinion. Most who have played me would probably agree with me.

She has plenty of options and tools that make her one of the best characters in the game, in my personal opinion. Most who have played me would probably agree with me.

Sounds like I have to play you at some point, since I'm still struggling to figure Ivysaur out.

Also: hi Silver!

SilverStarApple

Always good to see another new face in the Minus community. Glad to have you with us.

Though... I gotta say, as a resident Ivysaur main, I can say with confidence that she really doesn't need a buff. She has plenty of options and tools that make her one of the best characters in the game, in my personal opinion. Most who have played me would probably agree with me.
Quoting so you'll see my response.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
I think her moves do enough damage... Her smashes already have a lot of kill power(combo potential for Usmash's sourspot), and her tilts are kinda fine... FTilt does a lot, DTilt's a poke, so it doesn't need to be buffed in power, and UTilt can combo into itself.

SilverStarApple

I think her moves do enough damage... Her smashes already have a lot of kill power(combo potential for Usmash's sourspot), and her tilts are kinda fine... FTilt does a lot, DTilt's a poke, so it doesn't need to be buffed in power, and UTilt can combo into itself.
But then why do certain characters see use in tournaments instead of Ivysaur? Can a skilled Ivysaur beat a skilled DK? A skilled Fox? A skilled Falco? Probably, but I don't think it's ever been done in tournaments. Ivysaur is good, but not on their level.

Ludacario

Resident of the blastzone
Playtester
But then why do certain characters see use in tournaments instead of Ivysaur? Can a skilled Ivysaur beat a skilled DK? A skilled Fox? A skilled Falco? Probably, but I don't think it's ever been done in tournaments. Ivysaur is good, but not on their level.

Nobody on netplay mains ivysaur, that's the only reason. Ivysaur is very much so on the level of the more popular characters. If you don't believe me, play BC's Ivysaur, and see what you think. There's a lot of untapped characters in Minus. Doesn't mean they aren't just as powerful.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Well, for starters, I'm really the only Ivysaur main at the moment. And I believe a skilled Ivysaur can beat the likes of the spacies, DK, etc. She has the tools and combos to win a tourney. Once I get netplay, I will prove how good Ivy really is in tourney.