R.O.B. needs an upgrade

NEWB

The best thing that could happen to him and probable thing is a remake. No matter what the nerfs or the quantity of them, the devs and some other people still don't like how he is played for reasons already stated. I would actually expect a remake for rob.

NEWB

Then you would understand why he's broken. Yes, you could learn a few tricks to help you out but rob currently excels in all areas of smash. Fun comes second when it comes to balance.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Then you would understand why he's broken. Yes, you could learn a few tricks to help you out but rob currently excels in all areas of smash. Fun comes second when it comes to balance.
I disagree. R.O.B. has the issues I listed above (well, the post below the above, but still), and there are plenty of other characters that excel over R.O.B.

NEWB

You aren't the only person to speak on this matter and this isn't the only thread. His main problem is that he has nearly no bad matchups and everything he has leads into combos practically. He's a zoner, combo machine, has great projectiles, fast attacks, amazing throws, very little endlag, all his moves are safe to use...

Many characters in minus have some of those things but no one else except lucario has this.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
You aren't the only person to speak on this matter and this isn't the only thread. His main problem is that he has nearly no bad matchups and everything he has leads into combos practically. He's a zoner, combo machine, has great projectiles, fast attacks, amazing throws, very little endlag, all his moves are safe to use...

Many characters in minus have some of those things but no one else except lucario has this.
I didn't say I was the only one...?
Once more, I disagree. R.O.B. has quite a bit of problems once you get out of a combo. Unlike many characters, most of his attacks only hit in one direction. Other characters have their attacks sweep into other areas. Marth, one of the characters that does put up a good fight against R.O.B., has a lot of sweeping attacks, and the range on his attacks are amazing. They reach farther than R.O.B.'s attacks that have the jet blasts (b-air, n-air, up-smash, d-air) and apply to almost all his attacks. If you see the post I made in below the OP (because I was not aware of the edit button), I did recognize the versatility of R.O.B's attacks, but do see that he does, in fact, have flaws and bad match-ups.

Thor

Yeah ok we know ROB can't fight Marth at close combat and be able to outzone a huge sword there.

That's why he just shoots projectiles at them from afar, or uses side+B to run away and then can rush back in and either dair and grab or fair and mess up Marth's spacing. ROB isn't supposed to outzone Marth with his little arms (if he did, that would be rather sickening, frankly, since he could then outzone almost literally every character with his aerials). But he has lasers and stuff to help him keep Marth out, or he can shoot his gyro to mess up Marth or even shoot it, grab it, and then go up and shield, because he can throw it as a very quick OoS option that will let him setup for more attacks.

If you wanted o only play a zoner, ROB is not the character - he's like the 5th best zoner, not the best.

But the fact that he's like 5th best at everything is a problem, because that means he beats many characters at their own games, or can just fake being the best of that group against anyone who's X game outclasses his.

Marth is not a bad matchup for ROB - he can actually gimp Marth with his projectiles [especially laser] (something that others struggle to do, given Marth's wide sword range that helps protect him coming back) and Marth has to weave through his [potential] projectiles to approach. Then even if he gets close, ROB can move just a little to mess up Marth's spacing and a grab leads to combos, as do certain good hits like dtilt and utilt. Sure ROB's attacks don't hit everywhere at once, but he doesn't need them to, since so many of them hit exactly where they need to so that they link to other aerials.

If Glyph wants to say otherwise, I'd be curious to here what he thinks Marth can do that's so detrimental to ROB, because I haven't seen it.

NEWB

This isn't even heated lol.

For the most part, we are still just repeating what's already been said.

Also I never said that you said you are the only one. I meant that as he has more problems than you listed.

I would agree that Marth isn't actually a terrible matchup for rob but it isn't a mismatch for him either form what I can tell. A good Marth however, might actually be a mismatch if he calls robs approaches and counters with counter but that's mostly speculation.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I've taken on Glyph's ROB with Marth before for some intense fights, but they were far from easy.

Baby_Sneak

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW