Pokemon switch glitch

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
During my matches last night while playing as charizard, it randomly switched me to squirtle upon respawn. This happened at random in 3 of the matches I used him in. I thought this was disabled for good?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
It depends on if you hold the shield button on respawn... holding the shield button allows you to swap when you respawn with Pokemon, and when you use your final smash with samus and zerosuit

Gold_TSG

I never held shield.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i'm not sure, but i think holding b did it for my little brother once too... i guess experiment :p ...and if you can't figure it out through gameplay, check the codes.gct, just to be safe

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
If you were pressing shield or mashing b when you died the stock before, the buffer holds that input and immediately uses it on respawn. same for up-b. if you were mashing up-b when you died, theres a chance that as soon as you hit the respawn plat you will immediately jump off and use up-b. Not sure there is much we can do about that to be honest though. I can look into it though.

Gold_TSG

I'll have to mess around with it some more then, I suppose. I'm pretty sure I didn't hit anything during the respawn period that would cause a switch, though that also explains the random spawn attacks.