Pokemon Nuzlockes n' shit

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
What's up guys. I'm posting this because 1. I'm sick of discussing (read: arguing about) Minus and 2. I really like Pokemon. I dunno how many people know this but I fucking love Pokemon. I own every main series game and nearly every spinoff game in the series. I love Pokemon as much as Darx loves Kirby. Anyway a Nuzlocke is self imposed rules on oneself because let's be honest, the games are too easy. The rules are,
  1. You can only catch the first Pokemon you find on each route. If you kill it or run out of Pokeballs, you can't catch another one. The only exception to this is if I find a shiny. But that won't happen (probably).
  2. If a pokemon faints it is dead and cannot be used for the remainder of the run.
I'm gonna upload the story of a Nuzlocke I'm playing through on Pokemon OA, a mod of Emerald. I'll let others upload any Nuzlocke stories if they want to or just talk about Pokemon in general. Let the games begin...

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I just did one recently with friends naming my Pokemon instead of me. Here was my final team. Game is Alpha Sapphire.

Parade (Donphan) lv. 52
Mr. Popo (Medicham) lv. 51
BazookaBerry (Skarmory) lv. 50
Discoball (Electrode) lv. 48
Sour Cream (Jellicent) lv. 50
Morning (Vileplume) lv. 50

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Good luck, if hax isn't already bad normally, Nuzlocke multiplies it by a billion. Source:
Sapphire- First time ever playing, on friends game, first Pokemon encountered is a Shiny Aron, proceeded to kill itself with critical Take Downs. <_<
Omega Ruby Nuzlocke- Horde Battle, Shiny Plusle and Shiny Minun.
Fuck Me.
(Also, I made a point of making Lv. 100 Gastlys with Shadow Punch/Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch. Cause Wynaut?)

NEWB

What's a good game to nuzlock in? I'm always turned off by the challenge because I don't want to end up with a stupidly hard play through.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Well here's the first chapter of my Nuzlocke
What's a good game to nuzlock in? I'm always turned off by the challenge because I don't want to end up with a stupidly hard play through.
Nuzlockes don't tend to be stupidly hard unless you add a lot of rules. The main point is to use Pokemon you wouldn't ordinarily use. Although it does suck when a Pokemon dies late game. To answer your question, I believe Johto is the easiest game to Nuzlocke if you don't count the Kanto portion of the game (if you do, it's the hardest), followed by Kanto although Red and Blue are the haxiest of the series with crit rates bases on speed(Electrode who has the highest speed in the game has about a 30% crit rate.) On the other hand it has the dumbest AI. If you want an easy game with no drawbacks pick Diamond and Pearl.

Thor

Not Pokémon but I did Tales of Symphonia run where I played on Hard and got Friendship First, Gung-Ho, Eternal Apprentice, I Hate Gels!, and Brave Soul. That was obnoxious until I got the last title [then it was actually easy].

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
So, self-imposed challenges, then? I've started several Nuzlocke runs, but quit each of them early on due to boredom.

The last self-imposed challenge I completed was a 3-heart run on Zelda: OoT 3D.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I've done a bunch of low % runs in the Metroid series.

NEWB

I don't really play a lot of hard games... The hardest thing I've ever done is kh 2 final mix on crit mode, which was reasonably difficult untill the extra bosses.

The other thing I did was stone tower temple in majoras mask when I was kid and didn't use a walkthrough. I got so helplessly lost.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Low level runs in RPGs are fun. Scramble challenges in Pokemon can be difficult. Basically, you let other people choose the pokemon you use with other challanges mixed in, maybe. For example, while playing through one, I had to solo 20 pokemon with my Magikarp before it could evolve. So I went to viridian forest and beat up some Metapods.How difficult the run is however depends on how sadistic the people who gave you your pokemon are.

NEWB

I hate low level runs. It breaks the illusion of the game to me when the main character dies when anything farts in its direction.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Only thing difficult I ever done was play Super Mario 3D Land and World while at one health as fast as I possibly could. If I picked up a power up. Start over. If I hit a checkpoint start over. It's too bad those games are soooo easy though. Also I suck at pokemon.

NEWB

Actually, I guess the hardest thing I've done is Dante must die mode in dmc 1 and I got S on all missions except the last one.

Or I did get all S.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Speaking of guys, I made a mod for the first Final Fantasy game for my ComputerScience class. Tell me what class you want to be (fighter, thief, red mage, white mage, black mage, and black belt), and you will be one of the four warriors used in the first playthrough of my mod. Feel free to be the same class as someone else has picked, I'll play through the game with four white mages if you guys want me to.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
PinClock as White Mage

Actually, I guess the hardest thing I've done is Dante must die mode in dmc 1 and I got S on all missions except the last one.

Or I did get all S.
If we're including all S Ranks, I did that on all songs on all difficulties of both Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan 2.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Make a black belt named Chuck Norris please.
Only four letter names (NES dude). Can definately do one named Thor though.(There's also an item in the game called thor's hammer. It let's you do a lightning attack. Was actually pretty good because it was an exclusive equip for the fighter and the only offensive magic the Fighter could use.)
PinClock as White Mage
I figured you'd pick this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

Only four letter names (NES dude). Can definately do one named Thor though.(There's also an item in the game called thor's hammer. It let's you do a lightning attack. Was actually pretty good because it was an exclusive equip for the fighter and the only offensive magic the Fighter could use.)
I figured you'd pick this.

Do a fighter named Thor then, and make sure you get Thor's Hammer.

AeroIncarnated

The Only Hero
Aero the Red Mage. That's literally what Aero is in my games anyways.

NEWB

Name someone NEWB or Newb. Don't know anything about the classes in that game. Pick a fighter, theif, or one of the mages. Maybe use bad equipment with this guy.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Name someone NEWB or Newb. Don't know anything about the classes in that game. Pick a fighter, theif, or one of the mages. Maybe use bad equipment with this guy.
I'll use a thief since the only good equip for one is a drop from a bonus boss that's harder than the final boss. That's the team.
Thor the fighter!
NEWB the thief!
Pin the white mage!
Oreo the red mage!
You are the heroes of time.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I guess I'll be the final boss then