Personalized Smash Bros. Jargon

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Two phrases have been coined through duels between me and Bash: "Putting someone to rest" and "Banishing".

Banish: to kill an opponent, using Lucario's backward throw, diagonally(and sometimes sideways) off the corner of the stage. The opponent must have flown with a very high velocity in order to consider them banished. The opponent has been banished, there was a 0% chance of survival.

Put-to-rest: to kill an opponent by following Jigglypuff's UpB(Sing) with her DownB(Rest). It's been a long and fun fight, but it's nap time now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Lots of A7-X inside jokes here:
RFCG (or FCRQDJCG as it's technically called here): Full Charge Reverse Quick-Draw Jump-Cancelled Grab. We mainly use it in P:M, but sometimes there's that time we pull it off in Minus too.
Justin Rest: A play on Hungrybox's "Kanye Rest", of Crusade's music dev.
Konfusion: Very often my girlfriend and I will pick opposite characters just to piss the opponents off.
Tweeted: Someone's Twitter goes off right when they die.

Thor

Ganoncannon.

Actually people even call him that in vBrawl where I played with casuals XD.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
whenever ganon dies and does that new "ouhhhh!!" sound, we quote chris griffin's "oowwhaaauuutt??" from family guy

also, whenever we get an unexpected kill from a sex kick/etc. (something with a sweetspot-killspot), we refer to it as "bringing sexy back"

?0123456789?

Getting hit with D.K.’s fully charged neutral B is “getting Donkey Punched”.

We always try to imitate Mario and Luigi’s voices, and originally they start off sounding Italian, but by the end of it they always sound like Borat …

Falcon’s taunt as “Show me ya boobs”.

Falcon’s knee as “Da Knee” or when performing it shouting “Tiger Knee” like Sagat from Street Fighter.

Falcon’s up tilt when he lifts his leg up for the axe kick sometimes it sounds like he says “Smell all that”.

Ness’s back aerial and Zelda’s aerial as “Dragon Kicks”.

Peach’s jab as “Bitch Slaps”.

Peach’s side B as “Ass Attack”.

Ice Climbers as “Nananapoopoo” or sometimes Nana individually as “Noonoo”.

White haired Ganondorf is always “Old Manondorf”.

Ganondorf’s side tilt as “Sparta Kick” from the movie 300.

Meta Knight’s up throw as “Suicidal Seismic Toss”.

Pit is sometimes referred to as “Armpit”.

ROB is sometimes referred to as “ROB: The Jewish Robot”, whose mission is to convert all combatants with his Dreidel of Doom (down B).

Lucario’s down aerial as “The Steps” or “Happy Feet”.

Wario riding the floating bike was always known as “Ghost Rider”.

Vauss

Anything with a hitbox that goes behind your character (especially grabs): The Canadian Reacharound

So named because my friends and I were discussing various fighting game terms with regional influence (east coast DI, mexican jabs, etc). So what used to be The Reacharound got renamed

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I am obligated to yell, "IT'S HAMMER TIME!" whenever Kirby's Hammer lands a hit or when someone picks up the Hammer item in friendlies.

Whenever Dedede wins a match, I am obligated to say, "Sweet Hammer Party bro," because he always carries around a hammer and has infinite minions to battle and party with.

Vauss

Jump goblins. When you're recovering, and find that you're missing your air jump(s). These are the assholes who stole them.

Ferrous Faucet

Here are a few taunts and excuses we use for poor gameplay:

Miscalculated: Any time that someone makes an error in timing or spacing. We typically use this as an excuse, saying, "the only reason you killed me is because I miscalculated," or else we'll use it as a taunt saying, "oooh you died because you miscalculated and missed the ledge!"

I did it for the points: We use this one when playing any game, not just Smash Bros. Basically this is an excuse for doing something that immediately seems stupid or pointless in hindsight. Especially when a player is showing off. For example, let's say I hit my opponent hard enough to KO him, but then I jumped after him to continue a combo just to show off. But then I miscalculated the combo and fell and KO'd myself. Then I would say, "I did it for the points."

You're pressing the wrong buttons: A taunt used when anyone is making mistakes, especially when doing the wrong move. This originated from the Angry Video Game Nerd.

Oh and a stage note: we have always called the King Of Red Lions (in the Wind Waker stage) Zelda's Dad, because back before I played Wind Waker, I noticed that the Brawl trophy screen says the King Of Red Lions is actually the King of Hyrule. And since Zelda is the princess of Hyrule, that makes the boat her father.

ROBx4

Both Ganons's sTilt and dTilt I call The Boot.
Snake is alway called Snack, making his DACUS a SNACKUS
Anytime I use Falco's jab combo I sing in my head (sometimes out loud) "You Spin me Round"

Thor

If it hasn't been stated before, Falco's dair -> dair combo (for KOs near the ledge) is where I often say the opponent "got dumpstered" (lifted up then thrown out). Someone once called Falco's late dair for KOs off the bottom a "love spike" [play on "love tap" I think] although I don't use that term.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
For my group of friends that I play with it's:

Ganondorf:
White Costume-"Grandpa Ganon"
Neutral B- Ganon-PAWNCH!

Captain Falcon is Craptain Failcon

Kirby-Using PK Flash, I personally hear him saying PK Crash.

Luigi-Weegee

Mr. Game and Watch- Mr. Gay Man Watch

Samus' Missiles: FRIENDSHIP MISSLES (my friend got it from a video)

The Female Ice Climber is named Sheila.

Any OHKO- No real name, but when we hit someone with it, you were obligated to shout "BOOMSHAKALAKA!", especially if it was Roy's.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Two new terms:

Me: "Solid Snak" - Whenever Snake gets eaten/chewed on/etc.

YOSH: "Snackrifice" - When Yoshi eats someone with Neutral B at the bottom blast zone, self-destructing in the process. I guess Kirby, Dedede, and Wario can do this as well.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
When the shyguys show up on Yoshi's Island during something epic It's called rubbernecking.

The ghosts on YI always look very angry our fights disturbed them therefore everytime they appear you have to say something along the lines of "WHAT THE FUCK IS ALL THAT NOISE?"

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Hitting someone with a Ganon Punch: You have to shout: 'YOU MUST DIE!'
It would be unpatriotic not to.
GOGOGOGOGO: I say this at the strap screen while mashing buttons to prevent a crash. It has yet to fail.
Also, I sometimes make jokes about my character, like:
Ike: Prepare yourself because I'm Ike!
Ness: OK! I'm being Ness!
Link: HYAHHH!