Personalized Smash Bros. Jargon

Ferrous Faucet

Among my Smashing friends, we have developed a lot of wacky (and often racy) names for the characters and the moves they do. Lots of these are just from us being silly, or playing while we've been drinking, or often because when one of us talks the others will mishear what was said.

Do any of you come up with unofficial names for the stuff in Smash Bros? I'd like to hear what they are!

Here are some of the silly ones I can think of:

Mr. Game & Watch: In 2.x.6, when he could use Judge very rapidly, this was called Running the numbers.
Up Smash - Mr. Thou, a reference to the diving helmet in Final Fantasy VI

Pit: "You can't defeat my stage!", since players would often be KO'd in the vBrawl version of Skyworld when the stage elements would break or suddenly regenerate and cause a stage spike.

Samus: Zero Boobs Samus
Doing her up tilt repeatedly is called The Axe Kick March.
Her guided missiles are called Horming Torpedo because of a typo in Mega Man X.

Donkey Kong: Giant Punch is called Donkey Punch by us.

Peach: Side Tilt is often called Gary Busey. I know this sounds ridiculous and I could try to explain but it's because Gary Busey rhymes with a body part Peach is showing everyone when she does this attack.
Up Tilt is called Popping a Heart or Heart Poppin' because it looks like a heart-shaped balloon appears and then pops.
Neutral jab: Ring Hand Slap from an episode of Family Guy when Gregory Peck says he'll slap someone with his ring hand.

Zelda: Minus MAX ranged attacks which have reverse knockback are called Vacuum Slap and Vacuum Kick.

Captain Falcon: Sometimes we make jokes about him being an old man, because if you break Falcon's shield he says, "Oh No!" and sounds exactly like Professor Farnsworth from Futurama.
Aerial side attack (the knee) is often called The People's Knee because there used to be a wrestler with a move called The People's Elbow.

Marth: When he executes his Counter it sounds like he says, "Suck on my butt!". So when someone counters we say he is trying to get his butt sucked on.

Kirby: In the Super NES Kirby Super-Star game Milky Way Wishes, the game asks, "Shall we explain Copy?" and no matter if you choose yes or no, the game explains it just the same. So whenever someone uses Kirby's copy ability, we call that Explaining Copy.

Snake: I call the Up Tilt the Tactical Taint. Because, well, he's showing it to everyone.

And there are some others, but we also tend to curse a lot and say some things that some audiences might find unacceptable so I guess I don't need to list everything here.

Ferrous Faucet

Bent 00 said:
My group calls a Giant Punch KO a "D.K.O.".
Nice!

I forgot to mention that we call large and heavy characters, especially Donkey Kong but also King Dedede and Bowser, juggle bait because it's so easy for them to be juggled and comboed by quick fighters.

Also Zero Suit Samus's side-special is called The Tallywhacker.

Ganondorf: The costume that has grey hair is called Old Manondorf.
Anytime Ganondorf does his down aerial and lands too soon, it's called old man knees because of the landing lag delay and animation.

And how could I forget the Mule Kick? That's what we call Ness's and Snake's back aerial attack. I also call Pikachu's side tilt the mini-mule.

One guy calls F.L.U.D.D. the Shop Vac, because a real shop vac sucks things in with water.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
we call ganon's white hair costume the george washington one

and we call the fludd the "squirty-squirty" ...especially when we use it right after his fs since it leaves flames on the ground.. "oh no a fire! i'll put it out! a-squirty-squirty!!"

and we call the diving moves, like ganon/falcon, or yoshi or bowser's down b in air a meteor ...especially kirby though... and bowser's slow fall is called a butt glide

Smilindeth

Grandpadorf for us.
Zelda's attacks in general... far sparkles.
Bowser's neutral-B is known as techno rave here after 2.X's rainbow of colors on it.
Ganon's neutral-B is the Manon-punch
Jiggly's gravity taunt is gravity well.
Chaining Falco's D-air into itself over and over and over is the tower of pain.
MK's up throw is showing them the world.
Randaling is when a Ganon does a suicide grab on someone, hits a ledge, saving himself, but the enemy still shoots down to their death. Gained name when the cloud (named Randal) on Yoshi's [Island/Story/Something] came out and saved a Ganon when he was suiciding a Falcon.
Stage MVP, any stage that can kill the player (Lavaville, Halberd, LoZ Ship whatever it was called)
Random character is called Riddler and top counter-pick
Wall of Sun, various combos using the Gandouken
The Waddle-Dees and such are called children. The Waddle-Doos are off to college.

Not names, but things we became obsessed with:
Balloon count on Smashville (and similar stages, we use a lot of customs), true winner is whoever got the most
Sonic "played right" if most of the match was spamming taunts and ended with fewest kills.
The non-controlled Ice Climber is the main one targetted.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Don't really have many of these, but I do use terms like Oldmandorf. We have a few, though. GENTLY GENTLY is the state of being shieldbroken after how I screamed it once when i was shieldbroken. "IT'S TIME" is when we have four people but all of us go the same character (usually Ganon), SOLO POPO ACTION for SoPo, and gaining height after hitting the foe with DK's fAir is named "SEXY HIKING", named after the mediocre PC Game that was played by Restupurae.

Me and a friend also like to have matches called "Hike-offs", which scores based on how many times you gain height with DK's fAir. A normal hike is worth 1 hike, KOing with faIR is called a "Hike-KO" and is worth 2 hikes, while getting the height after hitting a foe's shield is called "Shield Hikes", and isn't worth any hikes. In addition, when his fAir buries the foe into the ground and DK is able to fAir again and again for height until the foe gets out, is referred to as a "Hike Factory" and is perfectly legal. Whoever has the most hikes at the end of the match wins.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
We call blue ganon Russel Crowe, because southpark. and the white one, we call old man rivers

one guy calls Lucario The Rat

We call pink diddy Bi Curious George

er...actually, just look at this..he made this:

L0AeUCM.jpg

Kinda hard to see i know, but i had to resize for the forums. Lucas is Mucus from the Mucinex comercials

Toonlink is xander from Drawn Together

Peach is the White Bitch

Pit is SHIT

Snake is Osama

Fox is the carfox

Marh is Andy sixx (hah)

falco is tucan sam

Captain falcon is Captain Hero

and MetaKnight is the Hash Slinging Slasher

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
^^this.... This is why we need a "like button" on these sites

Ferrous Faucet

Some of these are really funny! Thanks for sharing!

I also forgot to mention that on Hyrule Castle (the stage that replaced Bridge of Eldin), we call that little shelter on the right side of the stage Zelda's Outhouse.

NEWB

What the hell is that even? It feels random and makes little sense to me in terms of architecture.

Ferrous Faucet

You mean what is an outhouse? In older times, houses didn't have an indoor bathroom. People would just dig a huge hole in the ground and put a little shack over the top. That is an outhouse.
I know it doesn't even make sense because in this case it's attached to the castle, and an outhouse by definition isn't attached to the main structure. It's just something silly we call it.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Here's my list:

Captain Falcon is called Fapton Calcon. His forward air is called the Knee of Justice.
Snake's box taunt while moving is called sneaking creeper. His uptilt is my leag(it's from spongebob..) We also say missiles with a British accent. (Too many 007 games..)
Sheik is called shaykh, which in Arabic means elder. Her down smash is called the ferris wheel.
Zelda is called Zelder.
Samus is called Samwe.
Ganondorf's ganondokun(is that the right word?) is called Ganon Balls. His down air is simply named WEE! (you have to say it like you're an old man.). His side-B to the blast zone is called suicide bombing. Ganondorf's forward tilt is called the door kick. His white costume is called Grandpa Ganon.
Toon Link is Loon Tink. We also call Toon Link cripple because of one of his death noises..
"Let me suck you.." is Kirby's neutral B according to my sister.. :lol:
Link's UpB is called AYAAH! Just because it's fun to say. His boomerang is the wind from hell.
Pit's side be is the Wheel of Death.
Olimar is called fish bowl. His pikmin are called his followers.
The stage Corneria is called the Plane.

That's all I can think of. :D

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
I also call bowser's down b the butt bomb.. and we call all of falco's moves with a retarded voice, like how he said "laaaaaand mafter" in brawl taunts... also, we say "poissonawy" instead of personally.. we call pink Luigi gay luigi and insinuate gay (actually more like "fabulous") innuendos with his moves, like his "bang-bang", his pansy-slap dash attack, and his butt thrust neutral a combo.. we also say "here I am!" (patrick from spongebob) With any character that can teleport or disappear and reappear, like Zelda, lucario's down b, metaknight's cape, and shiek, for instance... and the last thing I can think of now is that whenever Pokemon trainer swaps, any of the Pokemon characters come out of their pokeball, or whenever a pokeball item is opened, we say "I choose you! Magikarp!" Or any "magikarp, go" sounding quote (like from red and Green's magikarp battle video. . Friggin hilarious btw)

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Yoshi's grabs are called tongue action.
When Squirtle uses his neutralB Water gun on you, you're obligated to say how refreshing it is.
Luigi's Final Smash is sexy dancing.
Ganon's Dair is Thunderthighs.
If you've played Streets of Rage, then you should always yell "GRAND UPPER" or "BARE KNUCKLE" when doing Falcon's SideB.
All of Dedede's minions are named Steve. All of them.
Olimar's old 2.x.6 Usmash was Pikmin Fountain.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
luigi's FS DOES looks like stripper action... jeez, everything about his moveset screams "flamboyant" xP

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Due to a mishearing it the first time it was used, Lucas and Ness' Side B is known as Peanut Butter......

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Dorf's old vBrawl dair chains were known as ThunderStorming. Stilt is the Sparta kick.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I almost forgot about this: my social group and I refer to Link and Toon Link's dair as The Pogo Stick. It was my signature way of finishing a match in vBrawl and early Minus.

Thor

Some of these are actual terms for things... the pogo stick is what some announcers call it (Sky I think does), thunderstorm is the term for repeated use of autocancelled Ganon dair (And Pikachu thus has Pikastorming)... but I'll admit I've never heard Peanut Butter for Ness and Lucas side specials.

Anytime the casuals I play with start to irritate me via "Womboing me" [i.e., I'm doing some close quarters combat versus someone, the Link shoots an arrow knocking me into the Falcon Punch on the other side of the stage, and so on, repeating to rapidly diminish my stocks], I go Fox Mode with either Fox, Falco, or Lucario and wreck people, as a reference to Melee Fox (I do a lot of uthrow uair if I pick actual Fox, but I also do a lot of uair/supertaunt with Lucario and a lot of dair and laser with Falco when I do this since they like FFAs and I've done the supertaunt to open, gotten 3v1ed but not gotten hit in the FFA at all to win XD ) [this decision is also because reflectors/counters let me avoid the silliness of some projectiles easily]. Unfortunately I don't have anyone actually trying to really learn the game and play it competitively to play with locally...

I heard one of our casuals call it RestOut when you do the Rollout -> Rest, but it never caught on... and it's admittedly not very amusing.

We also make numerous statements about picking the manliest character in the game (YESZ!) but again, they're not exactly hilarious.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
my bros and i call ledge hogging "Beastly-ing" after the troll character from the care bears show... hearing his trolly laugh while my cousins watched the show also helped inspire this name..