Peach (Heart Power System)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Question: What's the best way to deal with a Peach player that spams Dash Attack -> F. Smash a lot? Sidestep dodging doesn't work, since Peach can start up another F. Smash quickly enough to hit you before it's possible to sidestep dodge again. Shielding doesn't seem to be effective either... Also, what are Peach's vulnerabilities in general? I play Falcon, Ganon, Zelda, Mario, Snake, Link, Ike, Yoshi, and Pikachu.

I think Peach's Dash Attack -> F. Smash combo should be considered for minor nerfing if there's no reliable counter for it.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
NEWB said:
No she isn't. That and you really have to abuse float cancel.

What if the hearts on her walk could be used as indicators? They can also occur when she starts dashing perhaps?

That doesn't sound like it would work, as that gives the peach player a distinct advantage by staying in the air, since her air game beats her ground game. Never walk = no indications ever.

Glyph

Roll behind her and punish, gotta get out of the way. That or just block through the duration, unless you're right on the ledge you should be ok.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Glyph said:
Roll behind her and punish, gotta get out of the way. That or just block through the duration, unless you're right on the ledge you should be ok.
A roll is slower and more predictable than a sidestep dodge, though. If Peach's F. Smash is fast enough to trump a sidestep dodge, it's gotta be even easier for it to punish a roll behind Peach...

Glyph

You don't roll until she's close to you and starting to commit to the dash attack. Its a matter of timing in this instance.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Glyph said:
You don't roll until she's close to you and starting to commit to the dash attack. Its a matter of timing in this instance.
I see... Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.