Over power of zelda

lunamaria

the problem with zelda is her f-smash to edge guarding and her defense in general, as well as a wack attack style being from distance and speed makes her op, i love minus and i feel this is the only flaw it has, please fix. thanks guys

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Zelda is not overpowered, especially since her ranged Dash Attack and ranged D-Tilt moves were Nerfed.

She only seems OP at first to people who can't adapt to playing against her. If you don't learn where her ranged hitboxes are, or you don't shield and dodge often, you're going to have a hard time against Zelda.

Try shielding her ranged hitboxes and grab her when she warps to you, and edgehog her if she goes offstage. Beware D-Air though.

Don't let Zelda keep you at range. Go after her and stay close, and her options become very limited.

Zelda used to be "A" Tier, but the Nerfs brought her down to "B" Tier... If anything, Zelda's ranged Dash Attack and ranged D-Tilt should be Buffed (or at least tweaked) a bit. Ranged D-Tilt in particular needs help.

Last edited by a moderator:

lunamaria

f-smash is very faster to cover so much ground, the characters do not move versus that defense

even his short smash covers much ground in projectM / vbrawl.

is faster man, once you have a distance is impossible

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

That's all about spacing. I can promise you that zelda isn't that tough to deal with. You gotta follow her, but you also have to stay out of ranged hitboxes. Her moves are kinda laggy, so it's fairly easy to get in from above, assuming she is stuck doing an attack. You also gotta apply some pressure to keep her from doing the moves she wants.

Lightning

Ikesexual
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her fsmash speed the same as vBrawl? It feels like it is..

Anyway, her fsmash is in no way OP. It is meant to be a defense tool. I think Zelda's current moveset revolves around defensive play. If you can break through her defense, she's screwed.
Just because you haven't found a way to get around it, doesn't mean it's instantly OP. Playing against Zelda is meant to keep you on your toes. :D

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Her fsmash is only good if you let her position herself to take advantage of the range. Get in between her fsmash boxes, and you will get a free hit during her end lag.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
^^I second what Lightning & Gold have said. I have the experience to back it up.

lunamaria

DK is not the only Zelda Suffered against, I just ask something more equality between the characters specifically, when to fight it

on page puts the game was developed based on the speed of diddy kong, and that's perfect, I hopefully improve competitiveness of zelda with the other characters

I hope you understand what I mean

NEWB

Er... Well using better sentence structure would be good.

Zelda also does well against bowser too, though the devs have helped hi out against zelda to make it a very interesting mu.

Minus still has mismatches like other smash games, so they aren't always a huge issue, though they have been.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Er... Well using better sentence structure would be good.

Just gonna point this out for luna: English is not her best language.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
DK is not the only Zelda Suffered against, I just ask something more equality between the characters specifically, when to fight it

on page puts the game was developed based on the speed of diddy kong, and that's perfect, I hopefully improve competitiveness of zelda with the other characters

I hope you understand what I mean

I'm 95% certain that Balanced Brawl was the one developed based around bringing everyone to Diddy's level.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Make that 100% kien.

Balanced brawl was said to be balanced around bringing everyone to about diddy kong's level, whereas minus was said to "Put everyone on the scale of Akuma from SFII Turbo"

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I know Akuma, but not on SF2T. Didn't know he was in it. Guess I wasn't good enough to unlock the battle.
NEWB, the answer is almost, imo.