Music glitching out?

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
I've always wondered why this is but why does music sometimes glitch out and suddenly start playing other tracks or sound like static? I'd love to know how to fix this so I can use some music that doesn't work :(

NEWB

Redownload the song that you are using. Put it on your computer and then back on your sd card.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Redownload the song that you are using. Put it on your computer and then back on your sd card.
This doesn't fix the problem. I know because I tried this same thing before I knew how to fix it.

To fix it, just put your SD card in you computer and defragment it.

NEWB

Fixed it for me :/

But I had a normal version of the brstm in my computer. If that didn't work then maybe having the original brstm on the computer is what needs to replace the broken brstm because my music was fixed everytime I took it from my computer.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
This doesn't fix the problem. I know because I tried this same thing before I knew how to fix it.

To fix it, just put your SD card in you computer and defragment it.

Are you sure? Doesn't fragmenting an SD cause it to stop working sooner? What do you use to defrag it anyway?

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Are you sure? Doesn't fragmenting an SD cause it to stop working sooner? What do you use to defrag it anyway?
I'm no tech wiz, so I don't know for sure about whether it decreases the lifetime...
I just right-clicked > properties > tools on the drive.

I know that formatting also fixes the issue, so you could try that (backing up your SD to desktop first of course) if defragmenting is harmful.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
You are indeed correct. Defragmenting a flash card will use some of the card's write-cycles, causing it to wear out sooner. However, it should be negligible if you defrag in moderation.