Metaknight in the Meta: A (Potentially) Community Assisted Compilation

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Metaknight in the Meta
[placeholder intro]

Terminology
  • DC: Dimensional Cape, Metaknight’s DSpecial.
  • DR: Drill Rush, Metaknight’s FSpecial
  • SL: Shuttle Loop, Metaknight’s USpecial
Neutral
  • Tornado

Edgeguarding
  • Tornado in place near the ledge is a really good edgeguard against some characters, like Luigi and Sonic. Wait for them to in the blastzone, then run off and Tornado.
Recovering

Combos
All
  • DThrow -> Cape | This works on everyone in the cast at some point, and is Metaknight's best kill option out of a throw, as it kills only 10% later that UThrow(tested on Mario, center of FD with no DI), and does no damage to Metaknight.
  • Dair as a combo starter | Think of this move as a better Falcon Stomp. You can Combo into FSmash, all of MK's special moves, and all of his aerials. You can go for another dair to set up for the tech chase to.
Lightweights
  • When performing Metaknight's Ladder on lightweights, you can’t SL to DC. Instead, after a UAir, double jump into DR, then DC forward and down if you think they will use an aerial or do nothing, in place if you think they will double jump, and delayed DC in place if you think they will double jump into immediate air dodge.

Medium-Weights

Heavyweights

Fastfallers

Other
  • Metaknight's Ladder: A string of aerials and specials used to carry an opponent to the top blast zone, typically up airs. In B-, if Metaknight has a jump left, he can SL into DC, which is the optimal way to finish the ladder.
Matchup Specific
  • Jigglypuff
    • If she starts charging rollout, prepare to perfect shield. If you aren't comfortable doing that, immediately DR in her direction. You could also just avoid it like a normal person.

Last edited:

Thor

Why would you ever want to use tornado to trade with rollout? >_>

Thor

If you want to get damage. And I actually beat rollout with tornado once... I guess you could also just avoid it too...

Let's pretend rollout does 15%. You're still doing ~1% for 15%. That's a really bad trade unless there is some super specific circumstance like "She needs 1% more for uthrow to KO, and I have a stock to throw away."

MK is much better off avoiding rollout [and it's not a very important move lol].

Dair on a grounded opponent should combo into fsmash vs a variety of characters and a shoryuken [or whatever his new lame up+B is] vs the whole cast. They can DI to avoid that sometimes but you can always then chase them down with a nair [think of MK dair on a grounded opponent as a Falcon stomp].

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Let's pretend rollout does 15%. You're still doing ~1% for 15%. That's a really bad trade unless there is some super specific circumstance like "She needs 1% more for uthrow to KO, and I have a stock to throw away."
But it's fun... I'll change it... it's still worth it though

Do you have anything else? You probably don't play MK, but you could help with Falco or whoever else you play.

Last edited:

Thor

But it's fun... I'll change it... it's still worth it though

Do you have anything else? You probably don't play MK, but you could help with Falco or whoever else you play.

I played MK in 3.Q, and then they took most of MK away and replaced him with new stuff, so I just kinda spam dair with him now lol. I'd have to mess around with him and get back to you, but dair is absurd.