Load Brawl- using an external usb device

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Yes it is. It is the way I play.
First a few questions:
1. Is your Wii softmodded?
2. Do you have a SD Card 2GB or less?
3. Do you have an USB Flash Drive or USB external hard drive 8GB or more?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Ah. Good. Then we can continue.
Do you have a digital copy of USA Super Smash Brothers Brawl?
If not, then stop now. Unfortunately your disc drive is broken, so you can't make a digital copy using the disc, so you'll have to find one online to download. Make sure the game ID is RSBE01. Move forward when you have the digital file, either .iso or wbfs. File size is roughly 7.41GB as an .iso file and somewhere around 6.5GB as a wbfs.
If so, then go to our download link by clicking "Home", then it will be on that page. Extract the contents of the download to the root of your SD card.
Have you previously successfully used an USB loader on the wii??

Silvant

I don't have an usa version of the game, i'm actually downloading it. I use the homebrew to load games since 2008. I have a pal console and a pal version of the game

Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm not talking about homebrew here, I'm talking about big company made Wii games.
Homebrew channel will take you to your apps, but you'll need a USB Loader to load up your Brawl file from your 1TB drive.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Okay. I use GX. So that part is already set up. Good.
Now in whatever loader you choose, go to the USA Super Smash Bros Brawl game settings. Turn on Ocarina. Change the Hooktype to "AxNextFrame".
Save the settings. Run the game, and Minus should load up. I know that GX will look for the code file where the Minus team places it, but I can't remember of CFG looks for it in the same place....

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Good. Return here with results.