Kirby's powers.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Will they be updated to be on par with all the new changes? Will some of the current ones be tweaked to be less broken? The two that come to mind immediately that are currently broken are Rob's copy laser and Snake's grenade -> motion sensor. The laser can be spammed easily with good power to it, and Kirby pulls motion sensors out incredibly quickly, allowing him to spawn roughly 4 or 5 before the first grenade even goes off.

Thor

Actually, I really liked the idea in the fake changelog of "He'll send it right back at ya for sure!" or whatever, so I'd say leave Kirby's copy abilities at least somewhat stronger than the ability of the target he copied. I think some of the stuff should be mostly kept (like getting insta-weak laser - just increase cooldown a few frames [5?] and make the charge time to strong laser the same as ROB's. If he can pull 4-5 motion-sensor bombs before the next grenade, maybe tone it down to two or three before the other grenade goes off - one because Snake can pull a motion sensor bomb and one because Snake could immediately afterwards plant a dsmash, so they can each access two landmines quickly (I'd say 3 because C4 as well, but I understand that might be a bit much)). These things make Kirby's Inhale more important and they also let him even up MUs that might not be so fun - Kirby's final cutter cancels are super useful, but I'd imagine without it he gets zoned worse than CF by ROB, and even with the shockwave he's not terribly even with ROB - the insta-weak laser would certainly help this out. Someone can feel free to correct me on that, it's just an impression I've gotten.

Glyph

Kirby is a big stinky idiot and really really hard to code, especially in regards to his copy abilities. I'd hope they get done as well, but I also think there are probably much more pressing things to address than something that only has a small chance of appearing in a Kirby match anyway (not to mention that Kirby loses one of his most powerful tools in Inhale->Grab while he has a power, so unless you're getting something REALLY good you almost never want to actually copy).

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
kirby's powers are definitely on the list of things that we WANT done for this update, but DAAAANNNG. he's sooo hard to code. he's a big ball of hex, you can't Edit the powers in psa or any derivative thereof :( at least i know i won't be able to do it. Maybe another one of our coders will though

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I certainly hope they can be tweaked more easily. I'd get such a kick out of seeing the little puffball pulling off Bowser's RR and GC.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Gold_TSG said:
I certainly hope they can be tweaked more easily. I'd get such a kick out of seeing the little puffball pulling off Bowser's RR and GC.
That would be awesome and hilarious at the same time.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Cleaned up the thread a bit, i know it wasn't absolutely necessary but it's a good discussion and if it wants to not be forgotten i figured i would move it to the buffs thread

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I know this thread hasn't been used in a while, but my question relates to the topic here.

In 2.6, and possibly versions before it, Kirby's fighter folder had certain .pac files, such as FitKirbyPit.pac, that changed his powers to the respective Minus variants. What happened to those?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm still almost certain that I read somewhere that the files you speak of didn't have any effect on the functions of Kirby's Copy abilities; those are all inside FitKirby.pac, IIRC.

Then again, I may be completely wrong here...

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Not all of them are...
For example, Kirby used to have a FitKirbyPit.pac that gave him Pit's Minus arrows instead of vBrawl arrows. Try using Pit's arrows in the current version of Minus. Notice how they behave like vBrawl arrows. With the FitKirbyPit.pac, Kirby's arrows would work like Minus Pit's arrows.

However, you're not entirely wrong. Certain .pacs only give an effect a new texture, such as Purple vBrawl Pit arrows.
Other .pacs don't affect how the main FitKirby.pac determines Copy Abilities at all, such as a FitKirbyRobot.pac.

You might be thinking of hat textures themselves. An example would be a Dark Pit hat texture. The .pac would be named FitKirbyPit00.pac.
Notice the two numbers at the end.