Invalid read from 0x63dbdcfc, PC = 0x8016ce5c

Zucune

This always pops up when I try to play B- IN DOLPIN, sometimes 20 minutes into playing, and sometimes 5 seconds after I get into the character select screen. When I click "Okay" another one just immediately pops up. I even used an autoclicker for a few minutes and they just kept coming. This didn't happen when I first installed it a few weeks ago, but since then I've played a lot of Melee netplay so I thought that might have something to do with it. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Does anybody know how to fix this? I really like B- but it's kinda hard to play when it crashes every time I try. pls to halp

Last edited by a moderator:

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
I would ask if I could get a save state where out was glitching out like that so I could try to test what the problem is but unfortunately notification spam makes that impossible afaik. The problem is definitely a bad pointer being fed to one of Brawl's low level library codes but I couldn't tell you why. Do you have any other details about this crash, like which characters were selected, previous characters/stages, any custom content you had, etc?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Kind of obvious ( :p ), as Wii just beeps at you instead of giving popups.

Zucune

Do you have any other details about this crash, like which characters were selected, previous characters/stages, any custom content you had, etc?
As I said earlier, it sometimes happens even before I have a chance to pick a character. At a point, it consistently crashed right after the third match I played after starting the game, which happened three times in a row before it started crashing randomly again. Something that does stay consistent is that it only crashes in the champion select screen. It crashed in the training CSS as well. I can do more testing if you need.

Zucune

Yes I changed a bunch of things to try to get it to work again but I changed it back again. As far as I know they are back to normal for B-, but I could be wrong. I can't find screenshots of the correct settings anywhere, could you send some?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Sure, but off the top of my head for things to check, make sure you're not running the melee netplay settings code for some reason and that your Gecko hook type is axNextFrame, as those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Zucune

make sure you're not running the melee netplay settings code
It seems that was the problem. Whoops. I'll let you know if anything else out of the ordinary happens. Thanks so much for bearing with me, I'm not so experienced using dolphin.