Important Notice for anybody who used my Netplay Build Installation Guide before 1/19/2016

U

/u/Omuk7

TL;DR: Rename your "Brawl- 4.0b Netplay Launcher.elf" file to "Minus Gecko Launcher.elf" (without quotes). Thank you!

I made a pretty dumb mistake when writing my "Brawl Minus 4.0b Dolphin/Netplay Build Installation Guide" from the Anther's Ladder website. In the zip file that I uploaded, I thought the .elf file would be more identifiable/organized if I renamed it from "Minus Gecko Launcher" (which is the name given to it by the original/official uploader of the file) to "Brawl- 4.0b Netplay Launcher".

Well, pretty much, if you try to do Netplay with someone using an iso/launcher that has a different file name than their's, it will give a "File not found" error. This should be pretty self explanatory. I recently had u/Dapplegonger inform me of the mistake and that it caused some confusion in the middle of his Minus After New Years netplay tournament that he organized recently.

So, everybody who has it installed, just find your Brawl- 4.0b Netplay Launcher.elf file and rename it to Minus Gecko Launcher.elf. Sorry to anybody in that tournament who encountered the File Not Found error because of this!

Thanks guys! :D

submitted by /u/Omuk7
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...