I'm Buffing Characters...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Ahh... The Hadouken. Now this all makes sense. I've done it tons of times, but I didn't know Gandouken was referring to that. Thought I was missing something. In that case, I think Bent's idea would be cool.

NEWB

I guess this thread really isn't for me. I don't see anything wrong with the characters you want to buff. I like the ideas, but I personally feel much of it is unnecessary. I can tell they are very well thought out, and the execution seems plausible, but I can't wholeheartedly get behind this for some reason....

If your going for a custom brawl minus, get charizard to do seismic toss please....

Other Aether

Mediator
I guess this thread really isn't for me. I don't see anything wrong with the characters you want to buff. I like the ideas, but I personally feel much of it is unnecessary. I can tell they are very well thought out, and the execution seems plausible, but I can't wholeheartedly get behind this for some reason....

If your going for a custom brawl minus, get charizard to do seismic toss please....
I think the reason is just that you're probably one of those people who like to play the game as the developers intend it. I am to, to an extent, but the joy of having everything working how you idealize it is too much to pass up in some cases.

By Seismic Toss, do you mean it's Project M uThrow or something else?

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i had an idea i posted here before to make his down B in the air do a grab for holding foes while you glide, aka seismic toss, and in this special glide, if you press A you'll just let go and you'll bounce off the opponent like when someone escapes a grab, and make it possible for the foe to escape if they mash too, but make it so dive-bombing with them does damage slowly, kind of like a pummel, and a "crash land" while holding the foe makes it do some kind of explosion or earthquake type attack, so if you land on another foe it'll also hit them... don't know if gliding while holding is possible, but it should be, and this would add a use to the down B... also, it would be fun to catch someone and dive off the stage with them

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
the added damage by diving is to make up for the fact that the foe can escape, so you're still encouraged to use without being RIGHT above the ground

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
So would you press DownB while gliding to grab, or will it be one button press...somehow?

Other Aether

Mediator
Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck adding grab-boxes to moves that don't already have them. Even the PMBR seems to be stumped on this, so for now I'll just say it's 'impossible'. Sorry :\

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck adding grab-boxes to moves that don't already have them. Even the PMBR seems to be stumped on this, so for now I'll just say it's 'impossible'. Sorry :\

You could attempt to change his action. I might be wrong though, as air grabs and whatnot likely won't work at all for anyone outside of Lucario, Falcon, Ganon, and Bowser. Then again, Wario, Kirby, and D3 might be able to simulate those.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
So would you press DownB while gliding to grab, or will it be one button press...somehow?
it would be on press in air and go into glide whether you grab or not, but not like while gliding press down b again and again to keep trying to grab :p

You could attempt to change his action. I might be wrong though, as air grabs and whatnot likely won't work at all for anyone outside of Lucario, Falcon, Ganon, and Bowser. Then again, Wario, Kirby, and D3 might be able to simulate those.
i don't know how it would be possible, but i thought we found grab boxes kinda like hitboxes..? i might be mistaken... but why not look at the coding for characters like bowser to find out how to add a grab... and if that's true, then what about the galactic crusher and royal rampage?? i'm pretty sure it's possible to add new grabs to other characters too

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Ah. So you want to add a grab box at the start of the DownB glide..

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
yeah, but make him able to angle his glide while holding characters so you can either dive bomb or try to recover wit them (which'd be hilariously fun to abuse...) the best thing about this is if it acts like a normal grab and allows people to escape if they mash and like normally it depends on damage, then lucario against charizard will occasionally have a really long grab time if lucario ultra taunts... for some reason, that makes me think it fits a little more... ... ...also, pichu with his self-damage would be charizard feed, whereas jiggly and her healing and lightness would kind of help her counter charizard... ...i don't know why, but the fact that this kind of has the potential to interact with other pokemon like this makes me want it more x3