How to play Minus on Dolphin

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
I clicked the link, but it says the site does not contain the requested file. Is the link broken?

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
Seems like it. You can still get the netplay version that's all setup here.

The only thing you need that isn't in there is the Brawl iso.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
Seems like it. You can still get the netplay version that's all setup here.

The only thing you need that isn't in there is the Brawl iso.
I tried that. I set Brawl as the default ISO, dropped the .elf file into Dolphin, hit A, but vanilla Brawl launched.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
The pre-setup version doesn't require you to move any files around. If you're dragging files from that setup to another Dolphin folder you also need to transfer the SD.raw and set your sd card as inserted in the settings. If you're using the prebuilt version the only setup step you need is to set Brawl as your default ISO. After that you just need to start the .elf file in the games list. If you modify anything else and it doesn't work that's probably what your problem is.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
The pre-setup version doesn't require you to move any files around. If you're dragging files from that setup to another Dolphin folder you also need to transfer the SD.raw and set your sd card as inserted in the settings. If you're using the prebuilt version the only setup step you need is to set Brawl as your default ISO. After that you just need to start the .elf file in the games list. If you modify anything else and it doesn't work that's probably what your problem is.
Ok, so I got the netplay version, put the sd.raw into the Wii folder in Dolphin, set Brawl as the default ISO, hit open and selected Minus Gecko Launcher.elf, and started, but it came up as Brawl. I apologize if I am annoying you.

Waluigi

The link to the SD card isn't working (if it is a link). How would I put together the SD card?
EDIT: I have the netplay build (by itself in) Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii. Do I move it somewhere? Brawl is the default ISO but I have no clue what to do with other stuff. Help plz

Thanks

Last edited:

Ludacario

Resident of the blastzone
Playtester
The link to the SD card isn't working (if it is a link). How would I put together the SD card?
EDIT: I have the netplay build (by itself in) Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii. Do I move it somewhere? Brawl is the default ISO but I have no clue what to do with other stuff. Help plz

Thanks

This is a REALLY OLD THREAD. If you have the most recent build (5.0 blah blah, minus 4.0BC), just set the default iso. thats it. PM me with any questions. You dont have to put the build in a certain spot BTW.

Waluigi

This is a REALLY OLD THREAD. If you have the most recent build (5.0 blah blah, minus 4.0BC), just set the default iso. thats it. PM me with any questions. You dont have to put the build in a certain spot BTW.
I have the build, but where do I put it in order to play brawl minus 4.0bc. I have it downloaded and stuff, have a brawl iso set as default, and have sd card in on. What else do I do?

Thanks

Ludacario

Playtester
I have the build, but where do I put it in order to play brawl minus 4.0bc. I have it downloaded and stuff, have a brawl iso set as default, and have sd card in on. What else do I do?

Thanks

Well if you have the newest build, there isnt a specific place in ur computer it "needs" to be. Just start dolphin then select the launcher. Should be the only "game". press A to launch, should be good to go. What problems are you having?

Waluigi

Well if you have the newest build, there isnt a specific place in ur computer it "needs" to be. Just start dolphin then select the launcher. Should be the only "game". press A to launch, should be good to go. What problems are you having?
I have the rom, I have 4.0BC. Where or how do I combine these two in order to play brawl - because currently I only get vanilla brawl

Thanks

Ludacario

Playtester
I have the rom, I have 4.0BC. Where or how do I combine these two in order to play brawl - because currently I only get vanilla brawl

Thanks
Ok i THINK i get what your saying now.
Set your iso for brawl as your DEFAULT ISO. Do this through "paths" in configuration settings for dolphin
Once you have that, that should work. What did you do to extract it? The windows default extractor doesn't work well with the zip.
Also if you want live help I suggest you come hang out with us in our Brawl Minus Discord

Sonicman

I got the net play build and I've placed brawl in the folder it says to put it in. I've put brawl as the default iso and when I run the launcher it runs the vanilla game. Am I doing something wrong or did I miss a step?

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Are you seeing the gecko launcher and does it have a purple theme? If the first one is no then you aren't actually loading the launcher, you need to double click it or select it and then hit play, otherwise you're just launching Brawl with no modifications. If the second one is no your sd.raw is somehow not in the correct location or is not set as inserted. Go into the settings and verify that the sd card is inserted and if it is go to your paths and verify that sd.raw is in the wii nand folder.

Sonicman

Thanks, I figured out my problem. I copied the sd.raw trying something else. When I tried to do a move and replace with the copied version it started to work. Thank you.

markthematey

Im having trouble, I have done all the step but when I launch it, it says "No SD codes found" and loads normal brawl, Yes i have insert SD card checked, yes I have the brawl ISO set as default. I also put the Sd.raw into the document/Dolphin Emulator/Wii and that's not working.

Calvin: reread Mark's post.

Yes i have insert SD card checked,

Mark: do these steps help?
  1. Download and extract the netplay build.
  2. Copy RSBE01.iso into the "image" directory.
  3. Run Dolphin.
  4. Don't change any settings yet. (If you need to add a path, do so, but I'm pretty sure that's already done.)
  5. Run Minus Gecko Launcher.elf.
The netplay build should have everything already set up correctly, including the SD codes. Once you confirm this install works, compare it to your original install to see what went wrong.