Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No, he's too powerful.

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
justadood said:
..i should start playing online matches... <.<
Yeah, you should! I'd like to show you how annoying Metal Mario can be.

Remember, you've only got until May 20 to play online. :/ Make the most of it.

I don't know much about Wolf's combo game, but it doesn't seem like he would be disadvantaged against MM. I couldn't find any way for him to chain or lock MM, though.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
sometimes zip plays are the best: just jumping in and attacking and jumping out and waiting, and continung... it's intimidating, racks up damage well, and you can wait for a good opening to fight back if they mess up. it's a little risky, so go in with a plan, or at least an idea, and you're golden

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Played some good games against Gold_TSG. He beat my Mario most of the time.

Metal Mario is much more aggravating for casual players than high-level players... I guess I fall somewhere in between.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'm having trouble removing the Metal Cap from my local groups' setups. I tried using BrawlBox to replace the AppealS files in FitMario.pac, but whenever I try to export the AppealS files of an older Mario build that didn't have the Metal Cap, I just get the error "Unable to open file for write access". I tried using BrawlBox 0.66b and 0.63d...

Would someone please help me remove the Metal Cap from Mario's current build? Sammi-Husky, maybe? Thanks in advance. :)

Lightning

Ikesexual
Bent 00 said:
I'm having trouble removing the Metal Cap from my local groups' setups. I tried using BrawlBox to replace the AppealS files in FitMario.pac, but whenever I try to export the AppealS files of an older Mario build that didn't have the Metal Cap, I just get the error "Unable to open file for write access". I tried using BrawlBox 0.66b and 0.63d...

Would someone please help me remove the Metal Cap from Mario's current build? Sammi-Husky, maybe? Thanks in advance. :)
I couldn't remove it completely, buuuuuttttt... I changed the item. He no longer spawns a metal box. He (should) spawn a CD. :D (If this causes problems, I might change it to a trophy..)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/083jp6e4r ... o(No_Metal!)

Try him out and tell me if it works, because I didn't get a chance to test him.. :)

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
So, now that Mario's Metal Cap has had its duration/HP cut in half, Metal Mario is a lot less annoying. A grab or a couple of smashes will knock him back to normal, so playing keep-away no longer feels like the best option. This seems like a big improvement, in my opinion.

However, I have to ask: When is it ever not a good idea to go Metal now? Before MAX 3.3, it was unwise to go Metal against characters who could chaingrab or otherwise lock Metal Mario in place. Now, however, those characters will lose their grip on Mario quickly since the Metal effect wears off after only 25% damage.

I haven't played MAX 3.3 Metal Mario with friends enough to have a solid opinion yet, so I'd like to hear what others think.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
It's not difficult to keep on top of him, Metal or no. It's just a matter of having a basic estimate of how much damage you're doing, and following up attacks based on how much you deal. Comboing doesn't really change otherwise.

NEWB

I take it this thread has lost its purpose now? Absolutely anyone can fend off mm now. As is, the metal cap now is a mixup tool. am I to assume that everyone is happy with it so far?

Only thing I want is to get Mario to hold and put on a metal cap instead of putting on his normal cap ant turning metal somehow.

Gold_TSG

...you revived the topic to ask if it was needed anymore.

Thor

I miss the old, stronger variant of the metal cap, because the reward for capping just seems non-existent now, as if you get hit once the armor is likely just going to be gone when they're through with you, CG or no. Could the HP maybe be moved to like 35%?

NEWB

The problem was that this was only meant to be a nod to MM but it became a strategy to revolve around.

Being shorter duration is actually better because they can't chain grab you or combo you as long. While effective against new players, it's a double edged sword against better players that can abuse it.

I do think that the duration should be looked at again at some point when minus has more greatly changed.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I like it the way it is, but a 10 HP boost to the metal cap's durability might be worth a try. It currently has 50 HP.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I thought it currently only had 25 HP...
You're right, my mistake! Let me revise my statement:

I like it the way it is, but a 5 HP boost to the metal cap's durability might be worth a try. It currently has 25 HP.

Gold_TSG

I've seen it done a million times in the past on over a dozen different forums. It's never been funny.