Get hype for E3

Thor

Dreamland 64 for Wii U [the one in Smash 64, not the 3DS stage with the look-alike name] is apparently confirmed as well.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Damn. They got my Ryu vid

NEWB

Oh they took it down? Well it's not like it was fake anyway. Ninty should seriously not leave so much code lying around.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
So, I got all three characters yesterday.
Ryu is pretty good.

NEWB

I'm not sure he is top tier or anything though. He has a somewhat hard time killing, even with street fighter commands, unless I'm doing him wrong.

Also, does he really have light, medium, heavy versions of a majority of his attacks? I can only get light and heavy attacks with him.

NEWB

Okay, so he actually doesn't have trouble killing over 100 if you can charge his smashes. His Dsmash doesn't kill well though, so it's mostly Usmash, fsmash,and dair spike. After or around 150a lot of his attacks will just kill his opponent though. His down b is really good at edge guarding though.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I play with Street fighter commands and it's great. It makes me happy that not everyone will know how to use Flame Hadouken. He's a pretty decent recovery. I can kill just fine, but with decent DI the match becomes much harder. DownB is just....mean. Dair meteors?!

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
Dair meteors?!
Yep. Dair meteors.
Really enjoying the DLC so far. I don't know if I'll ever learn how to use Ryu properly (I suck at Street Fighter and most other fighting games), but I'm loving Roy. I also missed Lucas, so it's nice to have him back.
I really like Lucas' new colors, too. Boney shirt FTW

NEWB

To meteor, does it have to send foes straight down? In that case, it's a spike. It's not hard to land the sweet spot.

Down b is basically a counter that doesn't need to be triggered by getting hit, and you can cancel it by dash left or right instead. Good for safe landings if you are being chased in the air, and good for countering dash attacks and other single hit, laggy moves.

Can ryu wall jump? I actually think his recovery is on the bad side.

NEWB

For those that have trouble doing street fighter inputs, try doing the directional inputs, releasing the control stick, and then pressing A or B. If you still are pushing the control stick in a direction while pressing A or B, you will do a normal move. I have trouble doing the flame hadokun but I can do all the street fighter inputs.....in training mode....

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Ryu can kill just fine, and the definition of a meteor smash in 4 is by the crash sound effect. Ryu's dair makes this sound in the air, so it is. He doesn't really have much trouble killing from what I've experienced, and down B isn't a counter in the traditional sense. He blocks one attack (taking no damage), and further attacks will knock him out of it. One thing you should make note of, however, is that you can REVERSE the punch just like Falcon and Dorf.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I don't think he can wall jump, I tried on Temple.
Yes he can reverse downB, which is very nice. I was trying to figure out the armor on it when fighting a friend's Little Mac.
I've been playing Street Fighter for years so his inputs aren't hard. I wonder if I can do the final smash by doing the move's input while holding Final Smash power....
I've absolutely no problem recovering with Ryu. With both horizontal and vertical options, it just works.
What I want to test is if the attack does more damage if using Street Fighter input rather than Smash bros input.