#FixGanondorf

Momurderer

Bazooka Koopa
I like Ganon the way he is except for WP. Just throwing in my opinion. Project Ganon is just amazing. Also, I don't really think of the 666% damage is the most stand out thing in minus, I'd give the stand out mascot flagship character to Bowser. Bowser is, in my opinion the definition of minus. A character that was completely revamped early on and didn't even really need too many big changes to make him work, just small tweaks til he reached as close to perfection as he can get. Bowser is the first thing I show people when introducing them to minus.

Is it too late to completely change Ganon? I don't think so. The minus player base is small enough right now that it would be safe to do it without ruffling too many feathers. Do it now before the player base hopefully gets bigger. Sometimes completely relearning a character is more of a breath of fresh air than it is a hassle.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I like Ganon the way he is except for WP. Just throwing in my opinion. Project Ganon is just amazing. Also, I don't really think of the 666% damage is the most stand out thing in minus, I'd give the stand out mascot flagship character to Bowser. Bowser is, in my opinion the definition of minus. A character that was completely revamped early on and didn't even really need too many big changes to make him work, just small tweaks til he reached as close to perfection as he can get. Bowser is the first thing I show people when introducing them to minus.

Is it too late to completely change Ganon? I don't think so. The minus player base is small enough right now that it would be safe to do it without ruffling too many feathers. Do it now before the player base hopefully gets bigger. Sometimes completely relearning a character is more of a breath of fresh air than it is a hassle.

Completely agree with every damn word of this post [excluding the first sentence]. I applaud you, sir!

Last edited:

snidbert63

Certified n00b
DUDE NEEDS TO LEARN ABOUT THE DORF. NO FLAME CHOKE TEC CHASES? EFF THAT!!!!
YOU need to learn about the REAL Ganon! What if, say, Ridley was added as a Charizard clone, except for his side B, which was completely made up?

Turk Injaydii

YOU need to learn about the REAL Ganon! What if, say, Ridley was added as a Charizard clone, except for his side B, which was completely made up?

Dude...dont talk to Spazzy about the real Ganon. He's a huge LoZ fan. I agree that Ganon needs to be completely decloned from Captain Falcon. But there is nothing wrong with him having a move unique to him that was created for Smash. As I told you in an earlier comment, Flame Choke is completely unique to Ganon and is a huge part if his Smash identity. ItS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! lol

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Dude...dont talk to Spazzy about the real Ganon. He's a huge LoZ fan. I agree that Ganon needs to be completely decloned from Captain Falcon. But there is nothing wrong with him having a move unique to him that was created for Smash. As I told you in an earlier comment, Flame Choke is completely unique to Ganon and is a huge part if his Smash identity. ItS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!! lol
So is Warlock Punch, which neither you nor I support.

Turk Injaydii

So is Warlock Punch, which neither you nor I support.

Warlock Punch is not unique to Ganondorf. It's just a purple Falcon Punch. Nor is it as much a defining trait of Smash Ganon. Its completely unviable and, consequently, virtually never used in competitive play (unless you count low level play with FG scrubs). By comparison, Cpt Falcon has nothing like Flame Choke (FC) and FC is a very viable move and a HUGE part of Ganondorf's meta. It makes opponents have to be careful when edge guarding him, is a great mixup tool to punish shielding, makes tech chase opportunities, and can completely change a match with an SD [if Ganon and opponent are both on 2 stocks and Ganon is at 120 with opponent at 15, that match goes from heavily in the opponent's favor to even if Ganon punishes an ill-advised edge guard with a FCSD].

Point is, the cases for changing WP and FC are 2 COMPLETELY different cases.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Many people would insist that WP is Smash Ganon's signature move.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Also,there is something wrong with having a made-up move when NONE OF HIS CANON MOVES ARE THERE!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I would link a bunch of Bizzaro Flame vods, but they're all up-tilt.
e~ Bizz says down-air is.

Last edited:

Momurderer

Bazooka Koopa
Warlock Punch is almost phasing itself out as folks start turning to competitive play. It just doesn't get used unless the intention is to screw around. I don't really know of any other B moves with the only purpose of just screwing around. Okay so screwing around probably isn't the only purpose of the move but you guys get what I'm saying. I know WP could be and has been successfully used in 1v1 even when both players are decently skilled at the game but it just doesn't get used.
On the other hand Flame choke may not be from any LoZ game but it just seems like something Ganon would do in the first place and it's a move that gets used often whether it be for attacking or just for mobility. Same with Wizards foot. I don't know where I'm going with this but just adding another voice for change.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Some have speculated that FC is based on a cutscene in Twilight Princess. At any rate, Ganon needs a real move from the LoZ boss fights.

I recommend you give Project Ganondorf a try. It's basically P:M with Ganondorf able to swap to a moveset based on Twilight Princess, as well as an alternate Ganondorf character with a moveset based on OOT. It's actually pretty balanced for a mod that centers around a single character.

While I prefer the mainstream Ganondorf to the Project Ganondorf ones, it's simply a matter of fitting well to my playstyle.

Here's his blog: http://smashprojectganondorf.blogspot.com/

snidbert63

Certified n00b
I recommend you give Project Ganondorf a try. It's basically P:M with Ganondorf able to swap to a moveset based on Twilight Princess, as well as an alternate Ganondorf character with a moveset based on OOT. It's actually pretty balanced for a mod that centers around a single character.

While I prefer the mainstream Ganondorf to the Project Ganondorf ones, it's simply a matter of fitting well to my playstyle.

Here's his blog: http://smashprojectganondorf.blogspot.com/
I know about P:G, and I would definitely try it out, if I had a program for extracting .rar files, and if I had success modding Brawl with my 1gb SD card.
Also, what do you mean "mainstream Ganondorf"? The way I see it, LoZ Ganon is "mainstream Ganon", and thus P:G is closer to "mainstream" than official Smash or pretty much any other mod or fan game.

Many people would insist that WP is Smash Ganon's signature move.
No Volcano kick, the stomp, and Flame choke are his signature moves. They pretty much personify his moveset . Cumbersome, and full of pain. Why don't you just stick to what you know. Like Kirbys signature move is sucking. That sounds like an insult...... he really doesn't do much else though all his specials are just copy abilities.

You show me some data proving that point, then you can say that. Lol...absolutely nothing in existence supports that statement.
Dude is pulling that out of his butt though about the WP being his "signiture move". I don't really care if Ganon is changed or not. He will always be my main. I will never change Roy is merely for counter picking lol. I got Setholon Syndrome

I'm gonna end up making a proof of concept build of this and having it get rejected, watch.

"other dude"
As for spawning suit pieces, certain items can only be spawned if the character who they relate to is present.
How could they reject something so over the top it would definitely get used more that the 666 punch its too slow and the Armour frames are kind of useless. Hope it goes well .

Honestly I think that Ganon is fine how he is. The GanonTrain seemed like a good idea. His throws needs a little tweaking but I think his base moveset is fine. BUT!!! Let it be known the Ganon main may be biased but I'm also a Zelda nerd and when I first picked up melee I didn't say "Hey why is Ganon just PAWNCHIN people?" NO! I said my word Ganon is super strong and slow just like in Zelda. Then brawl came along and he just got better and all these mod just make him even better not changing him much, but still putting some personal flair on him. Minus Devs just do stuff and break as many limits as you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

snidbert63

Certified n00b
On the rare occasions when I actually play Ganon, it's easy to forget that he doesn't actually have an up tilt.