Fair and Balanced Tournament Series!!

Young Boy Bread

Potential at its finest
H0HMvNA.png
What's poppin' people? It's ya boy here to announce a new weekly tournament series I will be running this summer for netplayers. I introduce to you all, Fair and Balanced! Tournaments will take place on Wednesdays starting at 7pm EST with check-ins starting at 6pm. The first event planned is coming up on May 17th. You can sign up here! The series will also be streamed on twitch here! If there ever is a change in schedule or tournament organizers, you will be alerted before the event starts. This tournament series will be run a little differently just to spice things up, so be sure to read the rules and stage list carefully! Looking forward to a Minus filled summer! I expect hype to be delivered. I expect salt to be shook. And most of all, I expect limits to be broken!!

- 1v1 Tournament, Brawl Minus 4.0BC

- 4 stocks, 8-minute timer

- Items are set to OFF and NONE

- Every set is best of 3 except for Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals which are best of 5

- Suicide Clause: If both players lose their last stock due to a suicide move and the game goes to sudden death the initiator of the move is crowned the victor of that game.

- Stalling Clause: Stalling is banned and will result in the loss of the set for the player who is committing the stalling. What is considered stalling is dependent on the Tournament Organizer.

- Time Clause: If a game goes to time the winner is determined by the player with most stocks. If stock count is tied it is determined by the player with least percentage. If that too is tied both players must play another game with 1 stock 2-minute timer with the same characters on the same stage. If that results in another tie or time situation, then both players are getting double disqualified. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat fam.

- IRL Stalling: If one player is ready to begin their set and the other player is not they must alert the T.O. at which point the non-present player will be given 5 minutes in order to report for their set and begin it. If the player is not ready to play their set within the 5-minute timer they are disqualified from that set and the present player moves forward. The T.O. can at any point in the tournament tell any set to begin or wait in order to speed up or slow down bracket and stream.

- Lag/Buffer Clause: While it is highly encouraged that players only enter a tournament with a stable internet connection/computer, no player will be turned away or disqualified due to the intensity of the lag or buffer of a set. Players are given full permission to john about lag, buffer, and results of the set if ping exceeds 100. However, they must still hold dat L fam.

Starter Stages:

- Battlefield

- Castle Siege

- Dreamland

- Final Destination

- Pokemon Stadium 2

- Smashville

- Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

- Fountain of Dreams

- Frigate Orpheon

- Rumble Falls

- Skyworld

- Warioware

(All stage’s not banned during the banning process are able to be selected, regardless if a player previously won on it or not. AKA no Dave’s Stupid Rule)

(Young Bread Money Clause: Player’s cannot gentlemans to any stage, regardless if it is mutually agreed upon. However, before the set begins, they can mutually agree to make the set a Best of One Coin Battle 2 minutes that takes place on Battlefield. Winner’s/Loser’s/Grand Finals are Best of Three Coin Battle 2 minutes if mutually agreed upon. In this case, the player that accepted the offer to the clause decides on either Battlefield, Smashville, or Final Destination as the starting stage. The loser of the starting game then picks a stage from the remaining two. If there is a game three scenario it is played on the last remaining stage.)

Starter Phase:

Characters are decided before stage banning begins. The guest (Player2) of the netplay game decides bans first. P2 bans two stages from the starter stages list, then P1 bans three stages, then P2 picks a stage from the remaining two stages to play on. Play game, have fun! (If there is a conflict regarding who gets to be P1/P2 both players will alert the T.O. and private message them either rock/paper/scissors in order to do online RPS. The winner of RPS will decide who is P1/P2)

Counterpick Phase:

The winner of the previous game picks five stages to ban from all the starter and counterpick stages. The loser of the previous game then picks a stage to play on. Winner of previous game declares what character they are choosing for the next game. Loser of previous game then declares what character they are choosing for the next game. Play game, have fun! (Repeat previous steps if there is a game three scenario.)

Winner’s/Loser’s/Grand Finals:

Players follow standard Starter Phase rules. Once players are in Counterpick Phase the winner of the previous game picks three stages to ban from all the starter and counterpick stages. STAGES BANNED DURING THIS PHASE ARE BANNED FOR THE REST OF THE SET LMAO XD!!! The loser then decides what stage the next game will be played on. Winner declares character for next game. Loser declares character for next game. Play game, have fun! Repeat previous steps for all future games in the set.

The amount of points you earn determine your placement for the next tournament. The points you obtain will reset at the end of the summer (or end of the season). Upon first entry a player’s seeding will be randomized and have the lowest priority. After that you will earn your seeding and you will lose 20 points if you miss a tournament.

More than 32 participants

1st - 200 points

2nd - 170 points

3rd – 150 points

4th – 125 points

5th – 100 points

7th – 75 points

9th – 50 points

13th – 30 points

17th – 25 points

25th – 15 points

33rd – 10 points

17-32 participants

1st - 150 points

2nd - 125 points

3rd – 100 points

4th – 75 points

5th – 50 points

7th – 30 points

9th – 25 points

13th – 15 points

17th – 10 points

25th – 5 points

8-16 participants

1st - 100 points

2nd - 75 points

3rd – 50 points

4th – 30 points

5th – 25 points

7th – 20 points

9th – 10 points

13th – 5 points

less than 8 participants

1st - 50 points

2nd - 40 points

3rd – 30 points

4th – 20 points

5th – 10 points

7th – 5 points

Prizes will be determined and announced before a tournament starts. Prizes will change from event to event and are determined by T.O. and if they are present or not for a specific event. (AKA There will be prizes if I feel like it. Sometimes I’m lazy, budget cuts, etc. johns) Cash prizes will be distributed via Paypal. Digital prizes will be distributed via email. Physical prizes will be distributed via mail delivery.

Some matches will be streamed by the T.O. if a stream is provided. Stream location will be given before each event starts. What matches are streamed is entirely up to the T.O. (However, Winner’s/Loser’s/Grand Finals will always be streamed.) Players can feel free to request to be on stream but if they are turned away they must immediately play their set if able.

Last edited:

Thor

So if WF/LF/GF goes to game 5 and you get 3 bans after each win, does that mean there will be 12 banned stages and only one stage left to play on...?

Young Boy Bread

Potential at its finest
So if WF/LF/GF goes to game 5 and you get 3 bans after each win, does that mean there will be 12 banned stages and only one stage left to play on...?
That is correct, sir. The goal is to get players thinking very carefully for the entire set. Which stages you go to and when you go to them during the set will have a large influence on the set.

Thor

That is correct, sir. The goal is to get players thinking very carefully for the entire set. Which stages you go to and when you go to them during the set will have a large influence on the set.

Can you opt to just not ban stages then?

Young Boy Bread

Potential at its finest
Can you opt to just not ban stages then?
Hmmm didn't think about that initially. I will say for now yes since it adds to the long term strategy of the entire set. However, because of the lack of DSR I can't imagine someone will choose not to ban at least one stage each time.

Thor

Hmmm didn't think about that initially. I will say for now yes since it adds to the long term strategy of the entire set. However, because of the lack of DSR I can't imagine someone will choose not to ban at least one stage each time.

My reasoning is very simple.

Let's say I just won game 3, going up 2-1. There are now 7 stages left. I can opt to not ban, go to their best stage left [ouch], and then they ban for game 5. If I had banned previously, they could force me to a single stage. But if I don't ban, they can ban 3 stages and leave me with 4 choices. If we both exactly know the matchup and our best stages, I will end up going to the only one of those stages I would not have banned earlier, and they would ban no differently if there was 7 stages or 4 stages.

But if they do not know the matchup as well, leaving 7 stages means there is a chance they choose to ban my 4th or 5th best stage, meaning they necessarily left one of my 1st 2nd or 3rd best stages open, giving me a better stage for game 5.

Yes, this necessarily relies on matchup inexperience, but it works both ways. If I don't know the matchup, I can opt to not ban if I win a game when they have 0 or 1 game wins and see what stage they choose, and know from then on that it's probably a good idea to ban that stage in the future.