diddy's banana toss.

anyone know why diddy's banana tossing mechanics have changed so much? it must be a 2.x or earlier change since i can't find anything in all the changelogs...

attempting to c-stick toss after picking a peel up often results in a forward smash.. which wasn't possible in vbrawl without continuing to hold a after picking it up.
attempting a quick glide toss often turns into a grab... which also never happened in vanilla.

were these intentional changes? and what else might i not know about minus diddy's bananas? as far as how certain actions result in a different move than it would in vbrawl? (i know about banana #3)

i'm trying to give him another shot, since diddy was a co-main of mine in vbrawl. just wondering why the bananas tosses are... so.. different....

NEWB

I never noticed any changes from vbrawl, other than the additional nanars and the faster pull in the air. Are you saying that they are bad now? I think it must be an input thing since I can usually pick em up and throw them afterwards.

could be the buffer... but it never caused me a problem with vanilla bananas... through thousands of matches..
i like this diddy a lot. but i obviously run into some issues with the fluidity of tosses here. just curious what that's about.