Did you guys see this?

Xentas

Some Minus Fan Who Likes Criticism
As I said, I don't think Brawl/Melee has any tournaments anymore (at least, Nintendo sponsored), and didn't smash 4 sell like 7 MILLION freaking copies? Smash Bros Brawl sell like, 4.something million in a year or three? I think 10 million now, actually? Might even be more copies.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Doesn't matter. To them, there can always be more sales, and more popularity. It's no different than their crusade against all Mario rom hack videos on YouTube once Mario Maker came out.

Xentas

Wow, I was just looking at some of those the other day. Didn't know they did that to a lot of them.

I really did think Nintendo was nicer about all that nowadays. Many other companies have (I played Borderlands 2 because of the once-open armed modding that went with it, but I could name Bethesda's modding as a better example), what's stopping Nintendo? They make consoles. They make games. They should understand that people know how to modify games because they learned about game code, and do it out of love, not hate. As Nintendo should have many programmers. They make a lot of money being exclusive. Comparable to Apple. Apple stays neutral on modding for a similar reason, though nobody does much modding on Apple (similar again). They both make a lot of money, killing mods will reduce fans, not gain more of them, other companies figured this out in the 90's.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

You're looking at it with common sense in mind. That's problem number one. Nintendo as a company still lives in the dark ages, and strongly believe that shutting down videos and channels with content they feel might take away from them is what's best for their company. Other cases may include trying to take a larger share of profit from channels that are highly popular and contain Nintendo content.

Xentas

Millions of viewers, and they need more somehow? As if they haven't maximized in every way with leagues of fanboys? You will never find a mod or find the mod community unless it's totally coincidence if you aren't in the know from big time Nintendo fans, or hacked your dead Nintendo system or liked Pokémon enough to use AR on it then learn how to design codes for it, or etc. Nothing there phases me as things that don't require you to like Nintendo enough in the first place, give them rep or sales.

Sega restricted the skins we begged for in SM4 likely due to PM's own Shadow skins... Yet Kega Fusion was created by one of their old in their dev team. I'd be more concerned about suing him then some skins... Just saying.

Valravn

Nobody buys Brawl or a Wii anymore without intending to mod it. Nintendo is not only leaving money on the table, but burning the table.

Xentas

To be more exact, they're burning a table that they could save and get more money off of to feed the fire in a better way.

Gold_TSG

More like they sold the table, because they don't think that far ahead.