Destructo's 4.0b Minus Build

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
This is my own custom build for Minus 4.0b.
I haven't, say, taken a 3.3 character and put it in 4.0b. This is mostly just an aesthetically pleasing build.
I've put in almost all the Smash 3 textures that there are, as well as Smash 3C textures and a few Melee Remastered textures.
I've put some epic brstms on Final Destination and messed around with BrawlEx to simulate cbliss, meaning you guys can go CRAZY!
Some of the best Custom stages I could find have been added, such as Skyloft, Port Town:X and Bowser's Castle!
I plan to continue to upgrade this build until 4.0 FULL, where we will all promptly go even crazier with Stage Expansion. Give me feedback on this junk, tell me what you'd put in it, all that jazz. I aim to make this TEH GR8EST MYNUSS BILD EHVUR and need your help to make it happen. Spread the word!
EDIT: Updated to version 2.2!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211773

Last edited:

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
To anyone who downloaded before 11:18 on 2/28/2016, you have to redownload. The OP was updated to actually have v1.5. I accidentally posted a link to v1.2.1. Sorry.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I'll check the download to make sure that it's my build. I have no idea why it wouldn't have the costumes. Also, are you using a Wii or Dolphin?

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I checked it, and the costumes and such are all there.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I use Dolphin, I just can't get the mod to work.
I'm not exactly sure on how Dolphin works, so you might want to ask someone more versed in Dolphin. I wish you the best of luck.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
Hey, I'd love to give your build a try. But it crashes after about 5 seconds of being on the CSS. Everything that your link sent me to download was copied to my SD card. However, when it tried to boot, there was no boot.elf, game config., or "background" file, so it wouldn't progress. I then went to the official Minus download and copied over their boot.elf, game config, and background. It then booted, went to the title screen, and let us enter the CSS through "Brawl" on the main menu. Then it crashed about 5 seconds later. Any reason why?

May want to consider editing the material supplied in you download link so that everything needed to run the game is included.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Hey, I'd love to give your build a try. But it crashes after about 5 seconds of being on the CSS. Everything that your link sent me to download was copied to my SD card. However, when it tried to boot, there was no boot.elf, game config., or "background" file, so it wouldn't progress. I then went to the official Minus download and copied over their boot.elf, game config, and background. It then booted, went to the title screen, and let us enter the CSS through "Brawl" on the main menu. Then it crashed about 5 seconds later. Any reason why?

May want to consider editing the material supplied in you download link so that everything needed to run the game is included.
I use the Minima Launcher, which is included in the download. That's why that stuff was missing.
Did you put your cursor over a specific character? That might have something to do with it.
The build is gonna be patched in a little, as for some reason the build seems to be slightly outdated.
Give all the details. I'll try to replicate what you did.

Turk Injaydii

I use the Minima Launcher, which is included in the download. That's why that stuff was missing.
Did you put your cursor over a specific character? That might have something to do with it.
The build is gonna be patched in a little, as for some reason the build seems to be slightly outdated.
Give all the details. I'll try to replicate what you did.

When I removed the the SSS editor, Stage Notes, and update.xml from my SD card, it booted and let us play. However, it later crashed when I was looking at Link's skins. We're playing again right now. I'll be sure to keep you posted about any more issues.

This mod is fricking DOPE though man!!! Thanks so much for doing this!!! I'll definitely be using this from now on!

UPDATE: It just crashed again. Idk why. I hovered over Yoshi, looked at his portraits, his portrait stayed on the same costumes after 2 clicks (which is what happened right before it crashed last time), then I rushed away and chose Wolf. Then we picked FD, and it crashed. Idk what's up with this mod. Sure wish it would work though, its amazing.

Additionally, I don't see anything titled "Minima Launcher" in the download. Here are the contents in the order their listed:
  • SSSEditor.e
  • Stage Notes.txt
  • update.xml
  • Apps (which is a folder)
  • BrawlCostumeManager.exe
  • BrawlLib.dll
  • BrawlManagerLib.dill
  • BrawlSongManager.exe
  • BrawlStageManager.exe
  • codes (which is a folder)
  • config.dat
  • OpenTK.dll
  • Private (which is a folder)
So where can I get Minima Launcher? Again, the game worked once I deleted SSSEditor.e, Stage Notes.txt, and update.xml AND added background.png, boot.elf, and gameconfig.txt from the official Minus build; though it still crashes, which I hope you can solve. :D

Last edited:

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
When I removed the the SSS editor, Stage Notes, and update.xml from my SD card, it booted and let us play. However, it later crashed when I was looking at Link's skins. We're playing again right now. I'll be sure to keep you posted about any more issues.

This mod is fricking DOPE though man!!! Thanks so much for doing this!!! I'll definitely be using this from now on!

UPDATE: It just crashed again. Idk why. I hovered over Yoshi, looked at his portraits, his portrait stayed on the same costumes after 2 clicks (which is what happened right before it crashed last time), then I rushed away and chose Wolf. Then we picked FD, and it crashed. Idk what's up with this mod. Sure wish it would work though, its amazing.

Additionally, I don't see anything titled "Minima Launcher" in the download. Here are the contents in the order their listed:
  • SSSEditor.e
  • Stage Notes.txt
  • update.xml
  • BrawlLib.dll
  • BrawlManagerLib.dill
  • BrawlSongManager.exe
  • BrawlStageManager.exe
  • config.dat
  • OpenTK.dll
So where can I get Minima Launcher? Again, the game worked once I deleted SSSEditor.e, Stage Notes.txt, and update.xml AND added background.png, boot.elf, and gameconfig.txt from the official Minus build; though it still crashes, which I hope you can solve. :D
I was having problems with Link as well. I'm working on it right now, actually.
Thanks for the praise! I haven't had any sort of feedback on it until now, glad that it's as good as I hoped it would be!
Minima launcher is in the apps folder.
I'm going to fix C. Falcon, as his costumes were messed up.

Turk Injaydii

I was having problems with Link as well. I'm working on it right now, actually.
Thanks for the praise! I haven't had any sort of feedback on it until now, glad that it's as good as I hoped it would be!
Minima launcher is in the apps folder.
I'm going to fix C. Falcon, as his costumes were messed up.

Yeah, its sweet dude. Its not just Link though. Game just crashes at random, I believe. And ANY time I try to use Isaac-skin Roy. I just made my SD official 4.0b again. If you can ever make a version that doesn't crash, I'd love to have it!

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Yeah, its sweet dude. Its not just Link though. Game just crashes at random, I believe. And ANY time I try to use Isaac-skin Roy. I just made my SD official 4.0b again. If you can ever make a version that doesn't crash, I'd love to have it!
Random, huh? Well, that's odd...
WHAT NOT MY BOI ISAAC

Turk Injaydii

Random, huh? Well, that's odd...
WHAT NOT MY BOI ISAAC

Lol, yeah. I was super hyped to use him, then equally bummed when it crashed on him 3 times in a row! :'(

Legit though man, your build fat surpasses the official build in terms of stages, costumes, music, and CSS presentation. If you ever make a build of this that doesn't crash or instruct me on how to fix the one I have, it's the only certain of Minus I'll play! :D

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I found that Yoshi and Link are special snowflakes when it comes to BrawlEx. They use every slot from 00 to 09.
I tried out Isaac, and he works fine.
I fixed some stuff on the CSS, like Zelda and Pikachu.
Will update soon.
EDIT:Updated! I fixed all the thingies I came across.

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

I found that Yoshi and Link are special snowflakes when it comes to BrawlEx. They use every slot from 00 to 09.
I tried out Isaac, and he works fine.
I fixed some stuff on the CSS, like Zelda and Pikachu.
Will update soon.
EDIT:Updated! I fixed all the thingies I came across.

UUUUUGGGHHH!!!! I tried it again and now Isaac Roy doesn't crash the game. I was able to play 2 matches on FD, Roy v Bowser. Then when I went over Mario on the CSS and cycled through his costumes, it froze.

Does your version ever crash? Is EVERYTHING you have on your SD card included in that download? Because the official Minus build literally NEVER crashes when everything from their build is on my SD. Hope you get this fixed one day, man. Its SUPER pretty. You should show it to the devs and see if you can make this or something similar to it official.

The CSS is 10 million times better, the costumes are amazing, the stages are great (especially Dreamland and that custom Port-town aerodrive (spell check, lol)...point is, this is just too awesome to keep crashing. I don't even want the official build anymore because this one's so awesome!

UPDATE: Just tested it 2 more times for you. Mario on the CSS is definitely a catalyst for crashing. I'll testing each update until you get one that's crash free. BECAUSE I WANT IT! lol

Last edited:

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
UUUUUGGGHHH!!!! I tried it again and now Isaac Roy doesn't crash the game. I was able to play 2 matches on FD, Roy v Bowser. Then when I went over Mario on the CSS and cycled through his costumes, it froze.

Does your version ever crash? Is EVERYTHING you have on your SD card included in that download? Because the official Minus build literally NEVER crashes when everything from their build is on my SD. Hope you get this fixed one day, man. Its SUPER pretty. You should show it to the devs and see if you can make this or something similar to it official.

The CSS is 10 million times better, the costumes are amazing, the stages are great (especially Dreamland and that custom Port-town aerodrive (spell check, lol)...point is, this is just too awesome to keep crashing. I don't even want the official build anymore because this one's so awesome!

UPDATE: Just tested it 2 more times for you. Mario on the CSS is definitely a catalyst for crashing. I'll testing each update until you get one that's crash free. BECAUSE I WANT IT! lol
Nope. It never crashes for me. I'll check out Mario later.

Turk Injaydii

Nope. It never crashes for me. I'll check out Mario later.

Idk then, man. Because the official build never crashes for me. Is there anything wrong with the process I described to you that may be causing the crash?

Download contents:
  • SSSEditor.e
  • Stage Notes.txt
  • update.xml
  • BrawlLib.dll
  • BrawlManagerLib.dill
  • BrawlSongManager.exe
  • BrawlStageManager.exe
  • config.dat
  • OpenTK.dll
Again, the game worked once I deleted SSSEditor.e, Stage Notes.txt, and update.xml AND added background.png, boot.elf, and gameconfig.txt from the official Minus build; though it still crashes, which I hope you can solve. :D

UPDATE: Played the game for over half an hour using characters I like and that I knew wouldn't crash the game (at the time, Mario was the only one I confirmed could crash it). The game didn't crash once throughout my play time.

I also confirmed Link and Yoshi on CSS and Isaac Roy at the beginning of a match no longer cause crashing. However, when I was done, I decided to go through everyone's icons (excluding Mario again). I wasn't able to cycle through them all because it crashed on Sonic.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Yesterday before your edits, Mario and Sonic on the CSS did not cause crashing. So basically, your edits just moved the crash triggers from Yoshi/Link to Mario/Sonic.

Last edited:

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Man, with all these Smash 3 updates, I'm gonna be updating this soon. With LITTLE TO NO CRASHING

Peach's castle, I'm looking at you.

Turk Injaydii

Idk man. I've legit given up on ur build. Its pretty and all. I legit wish it was the official build. But just too much crashing to be worth fooling with.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Does anyone have a homebrew version?
There are no separate versions.
Idk man. I've legit given up on ur build. Its pretty and all. I legit wish it was the official build. But just too much crashing to be worth fooling with.
Hold it right there, customer!

I have fixed everyone with crashing. I found that you don't skip costume slots when using the BrawlEx cbliss method. Thanks to that, I've fixed everyone!
I've also learned how to port stage modules, so the stages I've added don't crash anymore!
I've also added the new Smash 3 stuff that's been released so far. When I'm done remaking my custom Falcon skin for the new S3 Falcon, I plan on updating the download to 2.1.
So hold on till I update!

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
There are no separate versions.

Hold it right there, customer!

I have fixed everyone with crashing. I found that you don't skip costume slots when using the BrawlEx cbliss method. Thanks to that, I've fixed everyone!
I've also learned how to port stage modules, so the stages I've added don't crash anymore!
I've also added the new Smash 3 stuff that's been released so far. When I'm done remaking my custom Falcon skin for the new S3 Falcon, I plan on updating the download to 2.1.
So hold on till I update!

Excuse me Destructo quick question. Could you upload a Vanilla Cbliss+Minus Setup for people who want to create their own versions of Brawl Minus? It would be a great help