DDD and other stuff

Farkus

Retired
I feel like DDD's waddle dees should be nerfed. DDD's waddle dees serve basically the same function as Toon Link's arrows, but are even better. Yet the arrows were nerfed and the dees were not. The waddle dee's cover more space, kill at much lower percent, disrupt enemy attacks better and can even be used to extend DDD's attacks. They even come out faster than Toon Link's arrows. Basically, DDD's waddle dees are Tink's arrows on steroids and if one is nerfed, the other should be nerfed as well.

In other news, can we bring back Jiggilypuff's gravity? Secret power is so boring.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Secret Power vs Gravity is off topic and won't be discussed here.

The trick is finding the right nerf to Dedede. A blanket nerf to his general power or speed would both be bad so we need to find the balance that would make Dedede good but not too annoying or overwhelming. There are some ideas that I have that I will be discussing with the team soon.

Farkus

Retired
What do you mean its off topic? I made the thread DDD and other things, it falls under the and other things part of the topic.

Keeping in mind that I don't play Dedede and I haven't seen many other people play Dedede, here are some ideas off the top of my head:
  • Set a limit of three Waddles.
  • Make Waddles take more knockback, so they're easier to get rid of.
  • Make Waddle Dees jump instead of kick, making them likely to leave the stage of their own accord.
  • Make Waddle Dees alternate between kicks and jumps, making them somewhat likely to leave the stage. Also, it would give Dedede something else to do whenever he has a free moment: whistle to change which attack his Waddles will do next.
  • Nerf the Waddles' priority, so that any attack will beat theirs. This will make it easier to approach through a Waddle, without affecting Waddle combos.
  • Slow down Dedede's side-B if he has at least one Waddle out. (Like Diddy's down-B, but perhaps not that extreme.)

Farkus

Retired
I think the best of those options would be to slow down his throw speed, or restrict the amount of Dees he can have out to 3. Or both