Character recovery tier list disussion

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Move Lucas up like two tiers. Zap Jump, PSI Magnet shenanigans, and Rope Snake give him tons of options for recovery

Mimsy

Netplayer
Playtester
Please edit for pikachu's "up b glitch" not actually being a glitch and just an operator error. He has a great recovery with many options, and if you angle your up b into a wall both times, it is entirely your fault.

Thor

Please edit for pikachu's "up b glitch" not actually being a glitch and just an operator error. He has a great recovery with many options, and if you angle your up b into a wall both times, it is entirely your fault.

The glitch I assumed they were talking about was that sometimes Pikachu double up+b upward just seems to not work, but I always assumed I was somehow inputting the move wrong... if THAT'S the glitch, Pikachu belongs much higher on the list LOL.

Mimsy

Netplayer
Playtester
The glitch I assumed they were talking about was that sometimes Pikachu double up+b upward just seems to not work, but I always assumed I was somehow inputting the move wrong... if THAT'S the glitch, Pikachu belongs much higher on the list LOL.
me and ludacario have tested this. If you get the chance, go to lavender town in training mode with pika. hop off the edge and use the first jolt of up b to go straight into the wall and quickly point the second one straight up. Pika can perform a perpindicular angle on walls, you just gotta react quickly. Whenever you do SD, look at the placement of your finger on the joystick, it will most definately be angled towards the wall.

AGentleStar

Video Editor

I found something interesting to note about Pikachu's recovery. While playing a CPU Pikachu on Lavender town, It up b-ed while I was hanging on the ledge. Then, out of Freefall, the CPU phantom footstooled me on the ledge and was able to perform another up special. I tried this on Battlefield and it worked there as well. IIRC, it doesn't need to be on a opponent who's on the ledge. They can be standing in neutral and be footstooled out of pika's up special. I don't have video atm, but I'll try to get show it off when I get the chance. In the meantime, feel free to try it out yourselves. :nesmk:

go to lavender town in training mode with pika. hop off the edge and use the first jolt of up b to go straight into the wall

That isn't what Thor was talking about. Thor was talking about the specific control stick angle that makes Pikachu perform only the first half of Agility.

Point your control stick up and just far enough to the side that Pikachu does this walk animation. Then press B, and it'll do only half of the move. If you hold any other angle, it'll do both halves.

Mimsy

Netplayer
Playtester
That isn't what Thor was talking about. Thor was talking about the specific control stick angle that makes Pikachu perform only the first half of Agility.

Point your control stick up and just far enough to the side that Pikachu does this walk animation. Then press B, and it'll do only half of the move. If you hold any other angle, it'll do both halves.
That's very interesting, I never knew that error existed. Although a walking animation into up b glitch does not affect his recovery at all off stage.

Regardless I spoke with luda and asked why pika was so low, and his reasoning was the wall "glitch" that we both tested and debunked afterwards.

Although a walking animation into up b glitch does not affect his recovery at all off stage.

Unfortunately, the glitch isn't caused by the walking animation, it's caused by the control stick angle. It definitely affects Pikachu's recovery.

AGentleStar

Video Editor
Unfortunately, the glitch isn't caused by the walking animation, it's caused by the control stick angle. It definitely affects Pikachu's recovery.

That might explain why I died like an idiot in Elliot's Super Comfort Bros. tournament #19. I was the second set streamed against Freezus. I was offstage on my last stock and I didn't recover even though I was holding the b button and Ctrl stick. It might have been input lag, but idk.

Mimsy

Netplayer
Playtester
imo, this pikachu glitch doesn't occur enough to affect placement. Even though it doesn't happen to me cause i never hold the same angle twice besides straight up, in the worst case scenario, i'd say it might happen once per best of 5 tourney match. It may affect his placement by 1 character, but he is too low regardless rn.

I did 3 different angles